Advanced Drainage Systems

Updated Aug 29, 2014

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Drainage Systems

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

It is a 3 step interview process. 1) Initial interview with managers of specific department. 2) Interview with regional manager of department. 3) Phone interview with a company who mails you a questionnaire after your conversation. It's at least a week in between each phase. The questionnaire you receive is a bunch of questions that will seem completely random. The test is to determine what kind of worker you are. It surprisingly is spot on accurate.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any other position within the company, what would it be?   View Answer
    No, it was take it or leave it.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer City, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer City, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems in May 2014.

Was hired through a Temporary Service because it was the only way to get a foot in the door anymore the company had decided to start hiring first through a temp service. Was told that I could be hired on earlier than 90 days if I prove to be a good worker and attendance was good. So I accepted the offer because it was only going to be for a short time. Only to find out that there were temps who had been the months past there end date with the temp service still working that had not been hired on full time with ADS.

Interview Questions
    • Not really a lot of questions. Was told a little about the job and that I would be training for several weeks (Which was a Real Joke) before I would be turned loose to do the job on my own.   View Answer
    take it or leave it!

Quality Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

They use an outside recruiting firm that will contact you to do an over the phone interview at first. The next step is a face to face interview with the plant manager of the plant you would work with. You will also be asked to take a personality and strengths/weaknesses exam, with a full report and improvement session to follow, based on the results. This information will all be provided to the Director and Senior manager. You will be flown to the corporate office or the central Lab for your final round of interviews with the Director and/or Senior manager.

Interview Questions
    • What skills or experience do you have that sets you apart from others going for this position?   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation, but it was handled through the recruiting firm. Make sure you state your minimum requirements to take the job. Be reasonable, but don't be afraid to ask for what you want. They will negotiate to a certain point.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems in April 2012.

First you will get a telephone interview. When you do good you will get a personal interview. In my case the interviewer set me down in front of a laptop with Visual Studio and an existing project. Then he asked me to write some code to get a particular value from the database. (Mind you he was sitting next to me). But I stayed calm and took my time to look through the existing code and just used what was already in there. He just wanted to see my though process and general knowledge of the .Net framework. After I aced that I was hired the same day.