Advanced Drainage Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Drainage Systems

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

Interview

It is a 3 step interview process. 1) Initial interview with managers of specific department. 2) Interview with regional manager of department. 3) Phone interview with a company who mails you a questionnaire after your conversation. It's at least a week in between each phase. The questionnaire you receive is a bunch of questions that will seem completely random. The test is to determine what kind of worker you are. It surprisingly is spot on accurate.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any other position within the company, what would it be?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, it was take it or leave it.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bessemer City, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Bessemer City, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Was hired through a Temporary Service because it was the only way to get a foot in the door anymore the company had decided to start hiring first through a temp service. Was told that I could be hired on earlier than 90 days if I prove to be a good worker and attendance was good. So I accepted the offer because it was only going to be for a short time. Only to find out that there were temps who had been the months past there end date with the temp service still working that had not been hired on full time with ADS.

Interview Questions

• Not really a lot of questions. Was told a little about the job and that I would be training for several weeks (Which was a Real Joke) before I would be turned loose to do the job on my own.   1 Answer

Negotiation

take it or leave it!

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems.

Interview

They use an outside recruiting firm that will contact you to do an over the phone interview at first. The next step is a face to face interview with the plant manager of the plant you would work with. You will also be asked to take a personality and strengths/weaknesses exam, with a full report and improvement session to follow, based on the results. This information will all be provided to the Director and Senior manager. You will be flown to the corporate office or the central Lab for your final round of interviews with the Director and/or Senior manager.

Interview Questions

• What skills or experience do you have that sets you apart from others going for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation, but it was handled through the recruiting firm. Make sure you state your minimum requirements to take the job. Be reasonable, but don't be afraid to ask for what you want. They will negotiate to a certain point.

Fleet Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very comfortable. The first interview was with the managers. they were happy people and really made you feel wanted. they made me really want the job when i left. Shortly after i had a second interview with the plant manager and if was short and straight to the point. he told me i got the job after asking several easy relatable questions and then discussed wages. I started working a week after.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (Hilliard, OH) in April 2012.

Interview

First you will get a telephone interview. When you do good you will get a personal interview. In my case the interviewer set me down in front of a laptop with Visual Studio and an existing project. Then he asked me to write some code to get a particular value from the database. (Mind you he was sitting next to me). But I stayed calm and took my time to look through the existing code and just used what was already in there. He just wanted to see my though process and general knowledge of the .Net framework. After I aced that I was hired the same day.

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Springfield, VT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advanced Drainage Systems (North Springfield, VT) in June 2011.

Interview

I sat in the conference room with the production manager, and he asked me some questions that pertained to the job, then he asked me some questions like if I had any goals for my future.