Advanced Energy

www.advanced-energy.com

Advanced Energy Interview Questions

2.5

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Advanced Energy.

5 interviews , very long

Electrical Engineer III Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advanced Energy.

I was local, so I don't recall if there was an initial phone interview. They had me present for an hour on a position related subject of my choosing. General approach was looking for technical competency and familiarity with reliability as well as experience with steps of development programs. HR was pretty typical, with being friendly and open about information,... until salary is discussed, then they are trying to get you for the best deal, like most HR people.

Interview Questions
    • Probably either explaining the development process I am (already) used to, or there were some specifics on magnetics.   Answer Question
    Some back and forth with the HR lady,... I initially was going to decline, then came back and decided to accept.

Motor Lab Assistance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Energy in December 2011.

Very easy interview talked a lot about resume.

N/A

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advanced Energy in October 2009.

First an HR rep. calls you and asks if he or she can schedule a phone interview between you and the relevent hiring manager. They asked that it be scheduled in the next few days. The morning of the phone interview, the HR rep called about 15 minutes before the scheduled time and told me the hiring manager was tied up and could he call me back later that day.

During phone interview the hiring manager asked about past experience, skill sets, etc. A day or so after this interview, the HR person called back and asked if she could schedule another phone interview, this time with 3 engineers from the test group. They called right on time. Asked the typical questions, mostly technical questions related to the exact technology they were working on. Ex. Labview, RF impedence matching, s parameters, and use of the Smith chart. Also asked about experience doing gage R and R tests.

Everyone from the company was very professional and friendly. During the interview, i stumbled on the smith chart and s parameter questions, but I explained I would need to go back and refresh, do to the number of years that had gone by since I'd used those.. Before I heard back from the company with their decision, I went back and refreshed my memory on the Smith and s params. It took a whole of about 30 minutes. I dropped a friendly email to the Hiring manager, thanking him for taking time to interview me and stating that I had taken the initiative to refresh on those 2 subjects. It didn't do any good. About a week later I got the boilerplate rejection email. My advice to other candidates would be to request an in person interview, as the phone interview process can cause miscommunication, and they don't give you a second chance. I have 30 years of hands on electrical / electronics experience, I even helped run the test department for a large company for 5 years in the late 1990's. I could have done the job they were hiring for in my sleep, but somehow was less than successful comunication that over the phone. Good luck.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for detailed knowledge of two port network s-parameters, and use of the Smith chart to do impedence matching   View Answer
    • What is most important in determining the effectiveness and accuracy of a piece of test equipment? The answer they were looking for was:   View Answer

Test Engineer - I Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Energy in February 2011.

First there was a phone interview with the hiring manager. Second round had another phone interview with two engineers. One manager, and one senior engineer. And the third round was supposed to be an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly based on the resume and project work. Complete resume review was conducted on the phone.   View Answer