Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Energy
- Test Engineer (1)
- Senior Test Engineer (1)
- Electrical Engineer III (1)
- Program Manager (1)
- Test Engineer - I (1)
- Motor Lab Assistance (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Fort Collins, CO).
Multiple people, about an hour each. Mainly RF and LabView. They hire almost exclusively by having people work as contractors for a while first. They paid fairly well on contract and were fairly flexible on work hours. The trick is to find a headhunter that has contacts into the company. They almost never respond to direct attempts as contact. They are mainly a LabView house for test development. In the lab they use MatLab a lot.
- Describe Smith Chart and its uses. Calculate an RF matching network. Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Advanced Energy.
5 interviews , very long
- manage ambiguity Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advanced Energy.
I was local, so I don't recall if there was an initial phone interview. They had me present for an hour on a position related subject of my choosing. General approach was looking for technical competency and familiarity with reliability as well as experience with steps of development programs. HR was pretty typical, with being friendly and open about information,... until salary is discussed, then they are trying to get you for the best deal, like most HR people.
- Probably either explaining the development process I am (already) used to, or there were some specifics on magnetics. Answer Question
Some back and forth with the HR lady,... I initially was going to decline, then came back and decided to accept.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advanced Energy (Raleigh, NC) in December 2011.
Very easy interview talked a lot about resume.
- What kind of work do you want to do? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review