Advanced Equities

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2009.

Interview Details – Basic interview for any broker position, extra points if you're a 'guido' type

Interview Question – None....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None...

Very Easy Interview

Investment Executive Interview

Investment Executive
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2011.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through my campus recruiting and recevied an email wanting me to sign up for an appointment for a phone interview. I then completed the 15 minute phone interview and waited about a month before they called me again for my offer. During the month I had not received any calls from them and actually thought I did not get the job. Lucky enough they called later and said they were going through some recruiting problems and still offered me the position.

Interview Question – Are you capable of taking hundreds of rejections everyday on the phones?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Advanced Trainee Interview

Advanced Trainee

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advanced Equities.

Interview Details – Found a job listing on Craigslist for a trainee position that would offer a training program to help trainees get their Series 66 and Series 7 licenses. Sent in my resume and cover letter, and got a call back the next business day. The recruiter asked me a couple of basic questions, and then asked me if I was comfortable with cold-calling. That was an immediate red flag for me, as it's not something I'm interested in. They were up front about what the position entailed, which was nice. I decided not to proceed with the interview process at that point.

Interview Question – Since it was more of a screening call, the question that was most difficult for me was a personal choice-whether or not I was willing to spend the next year of my life mostly devoted to cold-calling.   Answer Question

Invest Interview

Invest

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2010.

Interview Details – Take a long time to get back to you.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advanced Equities? Contribute to the Community!