Advanced Equities

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Equities

Investment Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2011.

I submitted my resume through my campus recruiting and recevied an email wanting me to sign up for an appointment for a phone interview. I then completed the 15 minute phone interview and waited about a month before they called me again for my offer. During the month I had not received any calls from them and actually thought I did not get the job. Lucky enough they called later and said they were going through some recruiting problems and still offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you capable of taking hundreds of rejections everyday on the phones?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2009.

Basic interview for any broker position, extra points if you're a 'guido' type

None...

Advanced Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advanced Equities.

Found a job listing on Craigslist for a trainee position that would offer a training program to help trainees get their Series 66 and Series 7 licenses. Sent in my resume and cover letter, and got a call back the next business day. The recruiter asked me a couple of basic questions, and then asked me if I was comfortable with cold-calling. That was an immediate red flag for me, as it's not something I'm interested in. They were up front about what the position entailed, which was nice. I decided not to proceed with the interview process at that point.

Interview Questions
    • Since it was more of a screening call, the question that was most difficult for me was a personal choice-whether or not I was willing to spend the next year of my life mostly devoted to cold-calling.   Answer Question

Invest Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Equities in May 2010.

Take a long time to get back to you.