Advanced Technology Services

Updated Nov 29, 2014
Updated Nov 29, 2014

2.9

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services.

Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face interviews at corporate with hiring manager, executive sales leadership and sales support staff, and then a final phone call with offer being made

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate salary and other parts of compensation package, leadership and HR accommodated my requests.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services.

It was a private interview conducted by a two man panel, that included the purchasing manager and his boss. I was very comfortable during the interview process. They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. They were personable and relaxed themselves. I guess that's why I felt so comfortable.

I didn't attempt to negotiate. They offered a salary, and I accepted. I was pleased with the offer.

Maintenance Planner/Scheduler Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advanced Technology Services in June 2014.

The interview was highly professional and even though they wanted to fill the position before I could accept it, she finished the phone screen and has since referred me to a different recruiter that has more flexibility.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All questions were about my experience as it related to necessary duties. There were no questions about what I knew about ATS.   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbern, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newbern, TN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services.

It was two interviews one short one over the phone followed by an in person interview. They focus more on learning what your personal culture is than what your job experience is especially on the over the phone interview. The manager I had at the time was very knowledge able and able understand what my skill sets were.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions that was not straight forward or an indicator to my ability to do my job.   Answer Question
    Push for the best you can get to start with. Managers revolve a lot so making special deals sometimes doesn't work out well.

Engineer Interview

interviewed at Advanced Technology Services in April 2014.

More interested in filling a vacancy then finding a good fit. They seem like they hire based on a culture not necessarily based on experience. Some companies require certain requirements for potential candidates.

Diesel Test Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services.

This is strictly a behavioral based interview. They won't ask you anything about diesel injectors or turbos. Just google behavioral based interview questions and you will have all of the answers.

You will also want to wear a button up shirt and a tie wouldn't hurt.

If they ask you if you want a tour of the place, you have a 75% chance of getting the job.

If they don't give you a tour you have about a 5% chance of getting the job.

Interview Questions
    • They are all easy if you know behavioral based interviews   Answer Question
    Talking with a recruiter who then talked with the hiring manager. It was really a mess and took some time

Help Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advanced Technology Services in December 2012.

Work for Column Technologies as a contractor. They look for Level 1 people. They will do a review of your resume. Then you will do a phone interview and they let you in like water stream with least about of resistance.

Interview Questions

Hostile environment and hostile customers from dissatisfied customers.

Senior Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services in May 2012.

The interview process was good, initial email and phone call for screening. Time and date set for second interview. Second interview was a basic "committee" basis, members of other enterprise support/engineering teams were present. Although this happened, I did find it unusual as I was also being asked skill set questions as they related to other elements of enterprise support which I also have.

Interview Questions
    • The only real questions related to working knowledge and processes, there were no unusual or difficult questions asked.   Answer Question
    Time - and more time.... This was initially supposed to be a fourth party contract... However, they were not willing to pay the rate I was asking for. So ATS determined that a direct hire was best for all parties. Took about two weeks for this to transpire.

Test Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services in March 2011.

Contacted twice by the company. Once, for a position in Mossville Illinois which I did not accept, and another for the a position in Thomasville Ga 6 months later which I did. Process was swift, but handled professionally. Met with current site manager, regional manager and reliability engineer, as well as the operations supervisor of our customer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were status quo for the most part, however some bu the operations supervisor were rather specific to the job at hand and could realistically only be answered with some experience within that particular facility.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. An offer letter was sent and yo either accepted it of declined.

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Advanced Technology Services in July 2010.

Flew me to corporate office for 1:1 interviews with 3 executives.
    The interview process did not take long. I was known to the company through affiliated work.

Interview Questions
    I did negotiate for in increase in the offer. We agreed on a place in the middle of their offer and my counter. Very respectful and quick turn around.