Advanced Technology Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.8

Maintenance Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sumter, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Sumter, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

It's all set up by a recruiter. A few questions about your skills and ethics. The real interview starts when you meet the folks you will be working with. Expect to be asked about your mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic skills. Trouble shooting questions and even some schematics.

Interview Questions

• What are the two most important things in the work place?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not needed. Offer was fair

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by email and was requested to schedule an appointment for a phone interview and was contacted by a recruiter. My first interview was conducted by the recruiter whom asked questions pertaining to my work experience, why I was looking for employment. At the conclusion of this interview, I scheduled a follow-up interview with a Supervisor. The Supervisor asked similar questions as the recruiter. Any questions I had were answered immediately and I was given the opportunity to follow up by email or phone with any further questions I had. However I did not make it to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Work experience and describe a work day.   1 Answer
    • What has put me back in the job market?   1 Answer

Maintenance Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Interview was held in one of the interviewers hotel room. Different. All in all not a bad experience. I did feel a little intimidated because the interview was held in the room and not in say one of the conference rooms or maybe the lobby. Better preparations could have been made.

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Fort Worth, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I first applied online and was called a week later. The phone interview felt like an interrogation and only lasted three minutes. Then I had to take an assessment . If I passed she would call me the next week. She sent me an email asked when was the best time to call me in the afternoon. She didn't call me during that time at all. I ended up calling her when I was available and she wouldn't answer. So we played phone tag for a week. At the interview I meet with three other people, which also felt like an interrogation. The interview only lasted for ten minutes. It was held at a local hotel. A ten minute interview in which no questions about the job were asked, made them decide that I didn't qualify.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions asked had anything to do with the job.   Answer Question

IT SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

It took forever, interviewed with multiple people. Not one of them could accurately describe what their services are in an elevator pitch, sales 101. Met with the sales manager, operations, a sales person and HR over the course of weeks. it was laborious at best. The overall interview sessions were not well organized and the people seemed less than interested.

Interview Questions

• All questions were arbitrary. They really only wanted to know about my "book" of customers that I sold to.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Peoria, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly standard. It began with an online application and I was contacted about 48 hours later to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted with three members of the division's management team and was an overall pleasant experience. Questions were drawn from what appeared to be a standardized bank of questions and referenced heavily content from my resume. About three days later I was contacted by a senior manager to inform me that I would not be offered the position. I commend all those involved in the interview process for their professionalism

Interview Questions

• Questions related to my previous experience and how it could be applied to the open position   Answer Question

Senior Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lovell, WY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Lovell, WY) in February 2015.

Interview

The job was posted as being in the area I live in. Turns out it wasn't even in this state. It was about 85 miles away. After 2 phone interviews I played phone tag with the in house recruiter and on one of his messages he said he needed to get me a rental car to go to the on-site interview. That didn't happen. I just drove my own car, 170 mile round trip. The two managers listed as the on-site contacts weren't even there, one wasn't even in the country. The interview went fine, good bunch of people at the site. Got a tour of the facility. Drove 85 miles home.Finally got a call 12 days later and their in house recruiter tells me that they had a meeting and decided that there wasn't any money in the budget for another technician and they may have to renegotiate the contract (essentially that there wasn't even a position open). He did send me an expense report so I could get reimbursed for gas, however it plainly stated that the expense report must be completed and returned within 10 days of travel. I didn't even receive it until 12 days after travel.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, face to face interviews at corporate with hiring manager, executive sales leadership and sales support staff, and then a final phone call with offer being made

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary and other parts of compensation package, leadership and HR accommodated my requests.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advanced Technology Services (Greenville, SC).

Interview

It was a private interview conducted by a two man panel, that included the purchasing manager and his boss. I was very comfortable during the interview process. They asked the typical interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. They were personable and relaxed themselves. I guess that's why I felt so comfortable.

Negotiation

I didn't attempt to negotiate. They offered a salary, and I accepted. I was pleased with the offer.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advanced Technology Services in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was highly professional and even though they wanted to fill the position before I could accept it, she finished the phone screen and has since referred me to a different recruiter that has more flexibility.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. All questions were about my experience as it related to necessary duties. There were no questions about what I knew about ATS.   Answer Question