Advanced Testing Laboratory Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.3

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about a week later received an email asking to set up a phone interview/screening. I had the call about two days later and overall it went very smoothly. A majority of the questions were basic HR questions to verify what was already put on the online application such as "are you a veteran, do you have any disabilities, are you eligible to work in the US, etc". My only issue was that the recruiter who called me talked so fast at the very beginning it was sometimes difficult to understand what was being asked or said.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions, but I was asked to talk about my prior lab research. Also asked about desired salary, if I have had customer service experience, if I was comfortable traveling.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Blue Ash, OH).

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR, an in-person interview with the current Executive Assistant, another in-person interview with the CEO and an Executive Director, another in-person interview with an Executive Director. I followed up after each and there was no response after the last interview. The process lacked consideration and respect for my time.

Interview Questions

• What is an ideal boss and environment?   1 Answer

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Blue Ash, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was immediately contacted for a phone interview. This interview was only about 20 min or less. Shortly after the phone interview, I was contacted for in-person interview. This interview was pretty easy/relaxed and only lasted about 30 min. After my in-person interview I was called on my way home and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• What are your future/5-year plan?   1 Answer

Biologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I applied for the positions months before finally hearing back from them. We were able to set up an interview quickly. The interview took place in a common area which also serves as a cafeteria. I met with three group leaders after the supervising manager was unable to attend. They were extremely nice and had plenty of questions in mind to judge my abilities. After the interview which lasted about an hour, I received my job offer the next day. This surprised me. I was able to start work a solid week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is an instance where you were unable to finish your work due to someone else's mistake?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked an expected salary and told me what is a typical salary.

Toxicology Safety Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory in July 2014.

Interview

HR emailed me on July 2nd and scheduled a phone screen about a week after I applied. The phone screen was just a discussion about the company and the position. We went over some of my qualifications to make sure I was suitable for the position. Salary was actually discussed briefly, I got the hint that there would be no or very little negotiating for salary. The HR person than set up a phone interview (July 7th) with my prospective boss for the following week. That also went well and we again discussed the position in more detail and some of my background. The next step would have been an onsite interview but I wasn't chosen. Received a rejection email on July 22nd stating "Unfortunately, we have decided to pursue other candidates who appear to match (skills and experience) our requirements more closely at this time." But basically I was told by my prospective boss in a personal email that I was overqualified. I have a PhD and they wanted a Master's level.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a few years? No behavior questions. More of general discussions. However, I cannot comment on how an on site interview would be conducted.   Answer Question
    • Since I was a bench scientist, I was asked if I was comfortable moving away from the bench   Answer Question

Biologist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Applied for job online and contacted by recruiter within a few days. Interview set up quickly at the corporate site with the manager over the open position. Interview was pretty relaxed, lasted maybe an hour and consisted of questions regarding previous work experience and education. Hear back a few days if they offer a job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

Very Quick Process. Phone interview followed by in person interview in less than 2 weeks time for both. Straight forward questions about resume experience. Strengths, weaknesses, what I like most and least about current employer, and management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. They will offer you the base hourly wage and you can accept or not.

Manager Administer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

Local employee were not available to answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you manage the most difficult person you encountered?   Answer Question

The interview process was not organized. Difficult to contact.

Microbiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview

Pretty bush league. I knew something was up when they called me the very next morning and set up a phone interview as soon as possible, while most companies sat on my resume for a week. They also sounded just like my former temp agency - friendly but clueless, but they're not a temp service. After passing the phone screen, they wanted me to drop by. I live four hours away, so I asked whether they meant their HQ or the work site, a week later I get a response. I give two subtle but polite cues for them to mention who's paying for the expenses and reiterating my salary range, but they pretty much go silent for a week or two then respond as if I've forgotten my concerns. I am thankfully employed, and they sound more fishy than Manpower. I'm guessing they have a bunch of 25-30K jobs and get people who'd rather make that than sit at home, and it probably is a decent way to fill up your resume, but keep your head up and keep looking.

Microbiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2012.

Interview

very relaxed but professional interview for entry level microbiologist position at proctor and gamble location. Manager Susan Ward was very approachable, relaxed and professional during interview. Asked good questions and was open to answering questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• How are you qualified for the position? Describe your laboratory experience? Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question