Advanced Testing Laboratory

Relevance Date Difficulty

Biologist II Interview

Biologist II
Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – Applied for job online and contacted by recruiter within a few days. Interview set up quickly at the corporate site with the manager over the open position. Interview was pretty relaxed, lasted maybe an hour and consisted of questions regarding previous work experience and education. Hear back a few days if they offer a job.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions during interview   Answer Question

Microbiology Analyst Interview

Microbiology Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – Very Quick Process. Phone interview followed by in person interview in less than 2 weeks time for both. Straight forward questions about resume experience. Strengths, weaknesses, what I like most and least about current employer, and management.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. They will offer you the base hourly wage and you can accept or not.

Cincinnati, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory in January 2012.

Interview Details – Ditto previous interviews: ie.

phone interview. then in person interview. asked about my college career. areas of chemistry, prospects for the next few years. asked to a simple problem.

Interview Question – When asked about dilution method, a follow up would be of why choice to make excess/no excess amounts of stock. Explain your reasoning.   View Answer

Mason, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory in April 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview. then in person interview. asked about my college career. what areas of chemistry i was interested in. prospects for the next few years. i was asked to a simple dilution problem but i've heard of others being asked to esplain mass spec, ICP, and other analytical techniques.

Interview Question – not really any for me. asked about analytic techniques/problems   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none. no options. take their low pay or there is no job.

Blue Ash, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory in June 2012.

Interview Details – Was initially contacted by HR. The woman didn't understand the work involved in the position, and flat out lied to me at one point, but overall was nice and got me through to the next person.

In person interview with the general manager first. He asked me about my experience and then drilled me on titration theory and some instrumentation I had worked with (UV-Vis) even though I was applying for a Mass Spec position. An alarm was going off the whole time and he didn't check to see what it was about.Overall, it was a very awkward and strange experience.

I received a call back and was told to do a phone interview with the direct supervisor for the Mass Spec position. Spoke with her about my experience and what would be entailed in the job. Got a call back from HR saying the position had been filled by someone with more experience, which turned out not to be true since I ended up getting the job.

Since they thought the position had been filled, I interview in person with the GM and another supervisor for a different position involving basic lab work. The GM dominated the interview and I repeated my previous answers from my first interview. I didn't even really understand what the position would be.

Got a call back saying I got the initial job in Mass Spec. Was sent my offer letter, orientation date and drug test information.

Interview Question – They'll ask you about staying late if the work requires doing so. Apparently, on base this is mandatory and some people are on-call for immediately needed analysis for regulatory purposes.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiated salary at the initial interview only. They pay way lower than the standard for the industry, so don't expect much. This particular GM likes people who stand up for themselves though.

Manager Administer Interview

Manager Administer

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – Local employee were not available to answer questions.

Interview Question – How did you manage the most difficult person you encountered?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview process was not organized. Difficult to contact.

Microbiologist

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – Pretty bush league. I knew something was up when they called me the very next morning and set up a phone interview as soon as possible, while most companies sat on my resume for a week. They also sounded just like my former temp agency - friendly but clueless, but they're not a temp service.

After passing the phone screen, they wanted me to drop by. I live four hours away, so I asked whether they meant their HQ or the work site, a week later I get a response. I give two subtle but polite cues for them to mention who's paying for the expenses and reiterating my salary range, but they pretty much go silent for a week or two then respond as if I've forgotten my concerns.

I am thankfully employed, and they sound more fishy than Manpower. I'm guessing they have a bunch of 25-30K jobs and get people who'd rather make that than sit at home, and it probably is a decent way to fill up your resume, but keep your head up and keep looking.

Interview Question – They asked for my salary range.   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – 1 telephone interview and 2 personnal interviews.

Interview Question – If you are replaciing your position at work and you have given the oppurtunity to choose a person, what are the qualities you will be looking for?   Answer Question

Cincinnati, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory.

Interview Details – They called for an phone interview, then they scheduled a face to face interview that last 30 minutes. I had two phone interviews with two managers. Took about two weeks to hear back from them.

Interview Question – What's some of your weakeness and how do you intend on imporving on them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated for a semi-better rate. Still too low, but economy was bad so I took the job.

Chemist Interview

Chemist
Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed at Advanced Testing Laboratory in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, face to face interview with three HR, another interview with the lab manager and overall manager

Reason for Declining – Bad feeling about the way the follow-up was not there.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advanced Testing Laboratory

Worked for Advanced Testing Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!