Advanstar Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 12, 2014
6 interviews

2.5

Editor Interview

Fairly straightforward: main interviews with direct supervisor and immediate direct report. These appeared to be excellent and knowledgeable people with whom it would be fun to work--and they were. There were short, meet-and-greet discussions with division managers.

Negotiation was short, and company held firm to a low figure within the prevailing range.

Webinar Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Iselin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iselin, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Advanstar in August 2013.

I was contacted by an agency on tuesday, had a phone interview on thursday and was hired on friday. I started the next Monday, it was that quick. Didn't ask too much about me and my experience really just told me about the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  North Olmsted, OH
    Anonymous Employee in North Olmsted, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar.

I was actually really excited at first to come in and interview. This position was located in North Olmsted, OH. The receptionist was great and let me know what a great place it was to work, so I was excited. And then the real interview process happened.

I interviewed with several layers of the organization: HR, Business Manager, Director, VP. I was told I was a top candidate and then was never offered the position. I was told that there was a "budget issues" with that position, and from there, completely sensed that there are problems with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Typical HR and management questions. "Why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar in September 2011.

From my perspective, the hiring process at Advanstar is a held up by personalities. I got the sincere feeling that the person that I interviewed with had a preconceived notion as to what a female designer is capable of versus a male designer when designing for the Veterinary and PowerSports division. I am a highly qualified and very experienced senior designer.

Additionally, this is my fourth time freelancing for the same company. My creative director at Advanstar has always loved my work and we get along famously. Unfortunately, I didn't find favor higher up the food chain. Although my work has been well received by the public as well as the marketing staff, and even commended for bringing the look of the company to a higher level aesthetically I was not chosen.

Sadly, I feel a bias and I wish I did not.

Managing Editor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Advanstar.

This was a very long, process from telephone interview and discussion phase to an actual offer and hire. I had given up on the job a few times and moved on only to hear from the hiring manager yet again. I didn't feel that details of the job description were ever adequately laid out, despite several conversations on the topic. And, when I finally started, it turned out that the job description I was informed of before being hired was quite different.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar.

Phone interview with HR, in person itnerview with HR, 2 interviews with department heads

Very straight forward

Worked for Advanstar? Contribute to the Community!