Advanstar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Editor Interview

Editor

Interviewed at Advanstar

Interview Details – Fairly straightforward: main interviews with direct supervisor and immediate direct report. These appeared to be excellent and knowledgeable people with whom it would be fun to work--and they were. There were short, meet-and-greet discussions with division managers.

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was short, and company held firm to a low figure within the prevailing range.

Very Easy Interview

Webinar Marketing Coordinator Interview

Webinar Marketing Coordinator
Iselin, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advanstar in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an agency on tuesday, had a phone interview on thursday and was hired on friday. I started the next Monday, it was that quick. Didn't ask too much about me and my experience really just told me about the position.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
North Olmsted, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar.

Interview Details – I was actually really excited at first to come in and interview. This position was located in North Olmsted, OH. The receptionist was great and let me know what a great place it was to work, so I was excited. And then the real interview process happened.

I interviewed with several layers of the organization: HR, Business Manager, Director, VP. I was told I was a top candidate and then was never offered the position. I was told that there was a "budget issues" with that position, and from there, completely sensed that there are problems with this company.

Interview Question – Typical HR and management questions. "Why do you want this job?"   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Santa Monica, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar in September 2011.

Interview Details – From my perspective, the hiring process at Advanstar is a held up by personalities. I got the sincere feeling that the person that I interviewed with had a preconceived notion as to what a female designer is capable of versus a male designer when designing for the Veterinary and PowerSports division. I am a highly qualified and very experienced senior designer.

Additionally, this is my fourth time freelancing for the same company. My creative director at Advanstar has always loved my work and we get along famously. Unfortunately, I didn't find favor higher up the food chain. Although my work has been well received by the public as well as the marketing staff, and even commended for bringing the look of the company to a higher level aesthetically I was not chosen.

Sadly, I feel a bias and I wish I did not.

Interview Question – Do I own a motorcycle.   View Answer

Managing Editor Interview

Managing Editor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Advanstar.

Interview Details – This was a very long, process from telephone interview and discussion phase to an actual offer and hire. I had given up on the job a few times and moved on only to hear from the hiring manager yet again. I didn't feel that details of the job description were ever adequately laid out, despite several conversations on the topic. And, when I finally started, it turned out that the job description I was informed of before being hired was quite different.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advanstar.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, in person itnerview with HR, 2 interviews with department heads

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward

Worked for Advanstar? Contribute to the Community!