Advantage Business Media

Relevance Date Difficulty

Editor Interview

Editor
Madison, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Business Media in September 2013.

Interview Details – They called and asked me to interview on the following day, but it seemed like they already decided not to hire me before I got there. The editorial director didn't shake my hand or introduce himself. Seemed like he wasn't listening to my answers. Really weird experience overall.

Interview Question – He pulled out a blank sheet of paper and asked, "How do you go about filling this?"   Answer Question

National Sales Manager Interview

National Sales Manager
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Business Media in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Group publisher and by a few of the editors and sales reps. I had two separate interviews.

The First- I came in and spoke briefly with the Publisher. I then interviewed with the two of the editors, then the executive editor and a sales rep. I concluded by speaking with the Publisher.

Second (Final) Interview- I came in and spoke with the a couple more sales reps and another editor and concluded again with the publisher. The publisher then told me he was interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be good at sales?   View Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in five Years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told him what I would have liked as far as salary. He met it +$500. Commission was set at 3% which gets reviewed after 6 months. Advice: Ask for what you would like, it is better to aim too high than too low.

Worked for Advantage Business Media? Contribute to the Community!