Advantage Business Media

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advantage Business Media

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Business Media (Madison, WI).

Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call in a couple days. Scheduled interview for two days later. Got a call back the next week and accepted the job. The interview was casual: interviewers were in jeans and sweatshirts, very informal. Questions were predictable, standard interview questions. Very little discussion about the day-to-day ins and outs of the position.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Business Media (Madison, WI) in September 2013.

Interview

They called and asked me to interview on the following day, but it seemed like they already decided not to hire me before I got there. The editorial director didn't shake my hand or introduce himself. Seemed like he wasn't listening to my answers. Really weird experience overall.

Interview Questions

• He pulled out a blank sheet of paper and asked, "How do you go about filling this?"   Answer Question

National Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Business Media (Madison, WI) in November 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Group publisher and by a few of the editors and sales reps. I had two separate interviews.

The First- I came in and spoke briefly with the Publisher. I then interviewed with the two of the editors, then the executive editor and a sales rep. I concluded by speaking with the Publisher.

Second (Final) Interview- I came in and spoke with the a couple more sales reps and another editor and concluded again with the publisher. The publisher then told me he was interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you will be good at sales?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in five Years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told him what I would have liked as far as salary. He met it +$500. Commission was set at 3% which gets reviewed after 6 months. Advice: Ask for what you would like, it is better to aim too high than too low.