Advantage IQ

Very Easy Interview

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist
Spokane, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advantage IQ in February 2011.

Interview Details – The company works with a local staffing agency who handles all their hiring. I had found an ad in Craig's List that posted the position. I emailed my resume to the staffing agency with a letter expressing my interest in the position. I was contacted by the agency the very next day and after a brief phone interview, I was scheduled to have a one on one interview and skills assessment the following morning. After passing the tests for Windows, Excel, Outlook, Office Skills, and 3 different typing tests, I was scheduled for a panel interview with Advantage IQ. The ladies that I met with were very nice and professional. They had a few pages of the typical interview questions. I was glad that they left out the hokey "Tell us what your weaknesses are?" question. They let me know that they would have a decision made by the end of the week and would contact me either way. I had started the whole interview process on Monday and I was contacted Friday with a job offer. I was very happy that this was such a quick process. I'm starting out as a temporary employee for the first 90 days and I will be hired on permanently as long as I do a great job. I just completed the 2 week training and I love the company. Everyone has been very friendly and extremely helpful. I highly recommend this company.

Interview Question – Have you read through our website?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really wasn't an opportunity to negotiate anything since I was hired through the staffing agency. I think that more opportunities to negotiate things like salary will come up once I'm a permanent staff member.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

The process took a day - interviewed at Advantage IQ in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email a few days after submitting my application to schedule a telephone interview that week. The interview was straight forward but ended abruptly with no time for questions and I was told if I had any additional questions I should contact HR. I contacted HR the following week with a brief question and the response I received took me aback. HR told me they had no knowledge of me interviewing with the individual the week before. I thought it was a bit odd so I contacted the individual who interviewed me only to leave a voice mail. I never received any other responses regarding the position.

Interview Questions

Project Specialist Interview

Project Specialist

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advantage IQ in May 2009.

Interview Details – The company human resources found my resume and contacted me on-line. I then pursued the on-line application process and was contacted for a phone interview. Approximately two weeks later I went in for a face to face interview. My initial impressions were not good, the advertised job was not the same as the presented job. The interview itself was ordinary enough. I interviewed for a technical position and it was clear to me that I had a much more knowledge on the subject than the interviewers. They appeared to be screening me on people skills and personal values. After the interview I took a test on writing skills. The writing skills test also had interview type questions : "Describe a problem with a former supervisor and how you handled it?" The test was timed. I think that an Excel test was also planned but they weren't organized enough to administer it. I took the job because I needed the experience as I had recently graduated from college. However my initial impression turned out to be true: that the outward veneer of competent, caring and cool masks a very arrogant and deceitful core management style.

Interview Question – What gets you up in the morning?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did attempt to negotiate a higher salary but it did not fly.

Worked for Advantage IQ? Contribute to the Community!