Advantage Rent A Car Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.3

Interview

Was emailed, then called. Interview was at a location near the airport.(John Wayne) The location was filthy and run down. The hiring manager was running late. There were two other candidates. When the hiring manager. When he got there we went into a dirty office. He was chewing gum. He looked sloppy. I have never had such a laughable interview. This guy was unprofessional and talked so fast and make weird fake faces. He literally had no clue on how to interview. If the condition of the office, the unprofessionalism of this particular employee is any indication of how this company runs their business...Ugh! I would never want work there. The interview lasted only a few minutes. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Role play selling to me. Apparently role playing is not a teaching tool. Besides who role plays alone?   1 Answer

Customer Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car.

Interview

It all depends on your City Manager. They sometimes allow other management to make hiring decisions however there was no set process in place at the site I worked at.

Interview Questions

• Name your biggest weakness... Too often people will say they don't have one and that is a bad sign. It flags overconfidence which is scary to your boss because they want you to ask for them for help. It's better to be honest.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't one from the interviewer because the HR rep calls and offers you the job. The salary wasn't negotiable to my knowledge.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advantage Rent A Car (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online for position and had forgotten about the job, because I had never heard of this company and we didn't have one in Memphis. So the day my unemployment benefits endedI got a call from the HR person asking if I was still interested in the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell about previous sales experience. And explain what prior sales background did you have..   Answer Question
    • All questions center around how and when did you sell something and the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate any thing...I was sure with my background in sales and customer service would have paid me more. Only took job because I had no...income.