Advantage Resourcing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Skilled Trades Interview

Director of Skilled Trades
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in May 2011.

Interview Details – They take to long from identifying new talent to hire. I was in the process of hiring a new Branch Manager and it took a month to get them interviewed by upper management. I have lost potential candidates due to the lengthy, multi-interview process.

Interview Question – I didn't sense that any questions was difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy, I went to work for a former boss who gave me the package that I asked for.

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in June 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview with pretty standard questions, "What did you do when you didn't get along with an employee?" "What was a time you had to deal with an irate customer?" then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with very similar questions but with the Director of the company rather the person I had spoken to before.

Interview Question – "What does working in a busy, fast-paced environment mean to you?"   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in January 2009.

Interview Details – My initial hiring process was o.k. I was recruited by a former manager and then he was downsized. I remained longer than he did. Would not recommend the organization, they do not value top talent and do not try to retain good employees. High turnover

Interview Question – There was not difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They give you a salary with no room to negotiate.

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Senior Technical Recruiter
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in June 2012.

Interview Details – The Director conducted a phone screen with me. The Recruiting manager called me to schedule an in person interview. Interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My job offer was at the higher end. No need to negotiate.

Temp Interview

Temp
Hammond, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in January 2011.

Interview Details – went in for interview, drug tested and hired the same day

Interview Question – simple interview   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Shreveport, LA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in February 2010.

Interview Details – The people there are very friendly. They are not intimidating at all. They are genuinely interested in helping you meet your career goals, and are very good at following through with assistance if you ever have any trouble at a placed assignment. A few of the newer account executives (as they are called) may seem a little formal at first, but once they talk to you in the interview and find out what kind of person you are, they will adjust their behavior accordingly.

Interview Question – The most difficult question asked was one that is asked commonly. They want to know what your strengths and weaknesses are. Be prepared to answer more creatively than saying "my biggest weakness is that I work too hard" or any variation of that. As a staffing firm, they hear that one a lot, and it won't get you very far.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is not always a lot of negotiation room, as the company they are hiring you to work for may have a set budget. But if you are a hard worker, they excel at getting you regular raises (I got one after 90 days).

Internet Researcher/Bait and Switch Interview

Internet Researcher/Bait and Switch
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Advantage Resourcing.

Interview Details – Phone call, two interviews

Interview Question – Their was no questions, they just asked me to tell them about myself and work history.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Bait and switch. I initially was a internet researcher with only a few calls a day.. Then in the first day they said i would have to make 75 calls a day... I was not looking for a call center position and they did not make it know... the said i need to do the job or leave now.. They also said the company was moving locations and i would need to move with them or be with out a job..

Manager Interview

Manager
North Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in January 2011.

Interview Details – lengthy and unprofessional with giggles and offers on how to beat thier testing

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Conroe, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in August 2011.

Interview Details – 2 interviews-1 with Area Manager and 1 with local Branch Manager then official offer was made

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected..very cordial and professional interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation-no room on salary and at the time there was no commission plan but the promise of things changing within 6 months

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Data Entry Clerk
Rockville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in August 2008.

Interview Details – I came in to do the initial testing to find out what kind of computer skills I had. Soon after, I was called in and interviewed for a position. During the interview, a fax came in with a better job position and that was immediately offered to me. I said I had not experience using a fax, they said no worries, I would learn some of those small things as I went along, as each machine is different. It made no difference whether I knew the basics, I would still have to learn each new machine I encountered.

Interview Question – They asked me if I had any debt. And they asked me a second time if I was sure I had no debt. When I asked my friends if they had been asked the same question, they said no. I wondered if it had something to do with my skin color and they expected everyone who looks like me to be in debt.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a job where I was paid per hour.

Worked for Advantage Resourcing? Contribute to the Community!