Advantage Resourcing

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

1.8

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in March 2014.

Phone only - no physical meeting face to face with agency- only with contracted client. Very easy on boarding- but rule in favor of the company hiring- not so much dual advocacy for the applicants and hand. No resourceing of talent that has been placed from my experience

Not really opened to me

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in June 2013.

Started with a phone interview with pretty standard questions, "What did you do when you didn't get along with an employee?" "What was a time you had to deal with an irate customer?" then I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with very similar questions but with the Director of the company rather the person I had spoken to before.

Interview Questions
    • "What does working in a busy, fast-paced environment mean to you?"   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Resourcing in March 2013.

Had to go through an extensive online process before had the opportunity to speak with any one. Follow through and follow up is seriously lacking. Called in to check on status of application only to be told they were still in the review process...for weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were not able to come in to work, and not able to call.   Answer Question

Wasn't an opportunity I was interested in.

Internet Researcher/Bait and Switch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Resourcing.

Phone call, two interviews

Interview Questions
    • Their was no questions, they just asked me to tell them about myself and work history.   Answer Question

Bait and switch. I initially was a internet researcher with only a few calls a day.. Then in the first day they said i would have to make 75 calls a day... I was not looking for a call center position and they did not make it know... the said i need to do the job or leave now.. They also said the company was moving locations and i would need to move with them or be with out a job..

Senior Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in June 2012.

The Director conducted a phone screen with me. The Recruiting manager called me to schedule an in person interview. Interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    My job offer was at the higher end. No need to negotiate.

Project Manager V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in May 2012.

Initial screening by recruiter with 4 progressive rounds of interviews with the client. Met everyone from hiring manager to peers to 3 levels up. Advantage does not have much of an influence on the hiring process. The decision is made entirely by the client.

Interview Questions
    • Proving relevance for a role. Most clients are looking for even contractor PMs who come in to be able to hit the ground running and to know how to navigate the organization. If you do not have prior experience working at the client, make sure you demonstrate that byou are quick study with concrete examples in the interview.   Answer Question
    Nothing I did not accept. The trick is to stall negotiation until after you have impressed the client and they want you. If you can agree to a range vs a number and get them to setup client interviews, you can definitely get them to settle at the higher end of the range if the client likes you.

Investment Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in May 2012.

My first step in this process was a bait and switch. They put a more desirable position on the advertisement and then told me, "It's been filled internally but, there is a lower level job that you are qualified for." This is a staffing agency but, they never explain how that system works. The woman I encountered was difficult to reach by phone and took several days to respond to email. I've seen the "bait" job that was "filled internally" advertised on a regular basis since my interview. I would stay clear of this company.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in August 2011.

2 interviews-1 with Area Manager and 1 with local Branch Manager then official offer was made

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was unexpected..very cordial and professional interview process   Answer Question
    No negotiation-no room on salary and at the time there was no commission plan but the promise of things changing within 6 months

Director of Skilled Trades Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in May 2011.

They take to long from identifying new talent to hire. I was in the process of hiring a new Branch Manager and it took a month to get them interviewed by upper management. I have lost potential candidates due to the lengthy, multi-interview process.

Interview Questions
    Easy, I went to work for a former boss who gave me the package that I asked for.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammond, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advantage Resourcing in January 2011.

went in for interview, drug tested and hired the same day