Advantage Sales and Marketing

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in January 2013.

At the time I interview for this company, I lacked experience and had no education in business. They were able to recognize my passion for doing excellent work and the skills that I had to offer. They put me through a 6 month paid internship that included all the classes and experience I would need to have a successful start with the company.

Since they have a strong training/education program, they are willing to overlook shortcomings if you demonstrate that you have passion, attention to detail, and the intellect to handle the needs of the office you are going after.

Most people are hired after 1-2 interviews. People applying for the internship program (ACE) may have anywhere between 2-4 interviews. These latter interviews could include an assignment (like presenting on a topic or an idea that you have).

The interviews are very laid back, but you still would want to put your best foot forward as there are many people applying for the internships.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "What route did you drive to the interview?" After answering it, they asked what I would have done if I had a flat tire, then got caught in a hail storm, got wet, ect... It was a test to see if I could think on my feet and how far I would be willing to go before I gave up. By the end, I wore him out and got a good laugh out of it.

They also asked me about how I would handle specific situations dealing with customers. The customer is always right is good. But the better answer is that you must teach the customer about the situation while still agreeing with them. Just agreeing with them shows weakness and the inability to have an open dialogue with a customer so that you both understand each other's perspectives.
        Answer Question
    With the internship, there is not much room to negotiate salary because it is an entry level position. But since there is an office in every major city in America, you can negotiate on place of work. They also work with you on moving expenses.