Advantage Sales and Marketing

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

Retail Reset Merchandiser
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. I had a one on one interview at a Carl's Junior with the supervisor who asked questions about my knowledge of the business to assess my skills. The process for the paperwork was difficult. It's done electronically. I had to fill out some forms that required a notary that I in turn had to fax.

Interview Question – The questions the supervisor asked were questions only someone with experience with merchandising would know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my work schedule. I would tell others that the supervisors are working on upper management for better pay. Currently, they didn't seem too negotiable with the pay.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Organizational Development Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR and had an initial phone interview. From there I interviewed on the phone and in person with the hiring manager. My HR point of contact was very diligent and fast to respond to any questions or concerns I had during the hiring process. From initial phone interview to hearing an official offer was about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked questions about past experiences to see how my skills can be transferrable to the position I was applying for. The interviewer was very friendly and made it easy to speak about my skills and experience without being nervous.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Retail Sales Merchandiser
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy average questions. Mostly about experience an how to handle conflict. The lady that interviewed me was nice and listened to my answers. Be positive and excited about the job. They want outgoing people as you will need to work with store managers. We met at a coffee shop as this is a route job, I never went to an office my entire time employed with them.

Interview Question – Example of a time when you went out of the way for a customer and they still were not satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Event Specialist Interview

Event Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – I was offered a position after the 2nd phone interview. All the new hire paperwork was done through their online portal. Trying to get someone to review the I-9 was a nightmare and everyone I spoke to for help told me something different. Many times, no one would respond to my emails.

Reason for Declining – The whole new hire paperwork process was an absolute nightmare. My husband had concerns because the interview with the hiring manager wasn't face to face. The on-line portal housed everything and printing out the information was a challenge. I had major issues with dealing with the I-9 and only had one day to get it reviewed. No one at the main office was helpful. Being so frustrated, I felt it was best I didn't work with this company so I rescinded the job offer.

ACE LDA Interview

ACE LDA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Went to a career fair and was asked to do a phone interview. Did a phone interview that was filled with STARS questions. Then did two 1:1 interviews with seperate individuals.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of same stars questions. Name a time that you failed? what did you learn? what would you do better next time? : What are your weaknesses? : What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – The initial interview was great the Representative from the company was very detailed about the job and how the training and overall store selling takes place. Great technology using ipad to help with information and selling of product that you represent.

Interview Question – Understanding of sales techniques and how to use technology, role play questions and some standard questions as well.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay was set with incentives every month but i feel there is opportunity and full benefits that make up for the lower pay starting out

Marketer/Sampler Interview

Marketer/Sampler
Longview, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hired by email, then phone interview. Went online to complete the 'on-boarding'. I-9 verification is the pits as no real management person is within 100 miles. Multiple emails and phone messages reminding me to complete the on-boarding even though I was in constant contact with the hiring manager to work it out.

Interview Question – None. I have customer service experience and have lived in this small city for over 20 years and understand the culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told over the phone that it pays 10.50 an hour and entails travel to towns nearby. I accepted.

Event Specialist Interview

Event Specialist
Murray, UT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in February 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process is very easy going with average and basic questions. There is nothing really to be nervous about this company. You are pretty much a self managing all the work you do and reporting to your manager. The only downside is they'll tell you you don't have to travel but will make you travel irregardless.

Negotiation Details – Very easy going. There wasn't much negotiation to be done.

ACE LDA Interview

ACE LDA

Interview Details – A few phone and Skype interviews with HR and directors across the country and a in person interview. During the Skype interview, you will have to email a PowerPoint presentation and present it. It took me an hour or less to make the presentation

Negotiation Details – Simple because salary was awesome!

Retail Supervisor New England Division Interview

Retail Supervisor New England Division
Oakland, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in October 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview was fine- I was hired originally back in 2008 and the company was still run in a manner conducive to creating a positive working environment. Now, not so much and the online application process is now very cantankerous and clumsy and is very difficult to navigate.

Interview Question – Name a time you failed and what you learned.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much negotiation. There was a take it or leave it offer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advantage Sales and Marketing

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!

Advantage Sales and Marketing – Why Work for Us?

ASM was formed in 1987 on founder Sonny King’s vision of building a national sales and marketing agency focused on unparalleled service, customized solutions, and outstanding results. Today we are the leading sales and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advantage Sales and Marketing interview questions and advice. All 145 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advantage Sales and Marketing employees and interview candidates.