Advantage Sales and Marketing

152 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Club Supervisor Interview

Club Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2010.

Interview Details – contacted by a recruiter same day then the ROM gave me the run around on getting an interview after that i got a sit down interview in a club with the DSM and was hired same day but took 3 weeks to get paperwork completed. At the time there was a lot of items that needed to be faxed back to the company and the hiring manager just said they would email everything to me but did not say fax was required.

Interview Question – How would you handle a problem with your client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Event Specialist Interview

Event Specialist
Huntsville, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Not a long process. Application, if accepted, job offer. If the offer is accepted by you,you submit tax information. Then drug testing and I-9 formation.Then you will get to meet your supervisor for an interview. This company only wants hands and feet to be on the floor, regardless of the quality of the work being done. They expect event specialist to study for each demo, which is good, some do. They expect you to interact with members, which is good, some do. They expect you to demo up to 5 items. Cook, chop, portion out product, make eye contact, walk around your cart to mingle, all the while selling your products.

Interview Question – Most questions were answered on the application. During the interview, the club manager was in her own world. Just not interested in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a take it or leave it situation.

Events/Demo Interview

Events/Demo

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – The recruiter was wonderful. The actual super? Wha? That was no interview an misleading at that. The focus is on selling as long as you can hand out samples tho you should be fine. The interview is really not one. It's done while everyone is running around getting ready ....

Interview Question – There were no questions. Just a little role play of selling a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is none

Retail Project Merchandiser/Reset Merchandiser Interview

Retail Project Merchandiser/Reset Merchandiser
Clinton, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in July 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process went well. The recruiter was very friendly along with the hiring managers. One thing they failed to mention was if there was a drug screen that was needed. That's the only question I need answered

Interview Question – I was asked how well I work with a team, and also told that there are egotistical people who work for the company and how would that bother me   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was asked what I felt was a reasonable pay rate and I was offered $10.75

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Retail Project Merchandiser
Fort Wayne, IN

Interview Details – Interview was virtually non-existent. The area supervisor told me what area was open. It is about 35 miles from where I live (one way). I'll give it a month or so, but with the price of gasoline, and no mileage reimbursement, hopefully something closer might open up in a few weeks.

Negotiation Details – The recruiter told me in preliminary phone interview that the rate of pay was $10 per hour with mileage or $11 per hour with no mileage. Area supervisor said she'd never heard of that. Mileage reimbursement only kicked in AFTER first 40 miles of leaving your home and is excluded with the last 40 miles back to your home.

Category Analyst Interview

Category Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Pretty easy and laid back Interview. They told me a little more about their company and what they did at this particular office. They then asked me about my background and more specific questions related to what they had read in my resume.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Retail Sales Merchandiser

I applied online and interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Searched online on glass door, and a recruiter had contacted me set up a phone interview, in which i basically got told about the position. then i went to panera bread to have an interview, which went great. He was a nice guy. and i got called two days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Sell me this pencil   Answer Question

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

Retail Reset Merchandiser
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly easy. I had a one on one interview at a Carl's Junior with the supervisor who asked questions about my knowledge of the business to assess my skills. The process for the paperwork was difficult. It's done electronically. I had to fill out some forms that required a notary that I in turn had to fax.

Interview Question – The questions the supervisor asked were questions only someone with experience with merchandising would know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my work schedule. I would tell others that the supervisors are working on upper management for better pay. Currently, they didn't seem too negotiable with the pay.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Organizational Development Specialist
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Was contacted by HR and had an initial phone interview. From there I interviewed on the phone and in person with the hiring manager. My HR point of contact was very diligent and fast to respond to any questions or concerns I had during the hiring process. From initial phone interview to hearing an official offer was about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked questions about past experiences to see how my skills can be transferrable to the position I was applying for. The interviewer was very friendly and made it easy to speak about my skills and experience without being nervous.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Retail Sales Merchandiser
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy average questions. Mostly about experience an how to handle conflict. The lady that interviewed me was nice and listened to my answers. Be positive and excited about the job. They want outgoing people as you will need to work with store managers. We met at a coffee shop as this is a route job, I never went to an office my entire time employed with them.

Interview Question – Example of a time when you went out of the way for a customer and they still were not satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!