Advantage Sales and Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.2

Leadership Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, video project, phone interview with recruiting manager, phone interview with VP or your department. None were actually in person, all on phone or video conference. Quick process. Recruiters were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• career goals, explain your experience, what do you know about ASM>   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Toledo, OH).

Interview

6 years ago, my interview process was filling out application online. I received a call within a day or so. They asked me a few questions, and I asked them questions. THEY LIED ABOUT GETTING RAISES AND OFFERING INSURANCE!!!!!!!!!!! They told me they gave raises, and that they have insurance available. The insurance they have available is very expensive, and being an event specialist with no certain hours every week, it isn't affordable. This company DOES NOT give raises to event specialists. Someone starting to day makes as much if not more than someone that has been with the company for years.

Interview Questions

• Do you like to cook?
      How would you get someone to purchase_________ product?

Answer Question

Negotiation

The company doesn't negotiate. I was told that they gave raises, which they don't. AVOID this company. Events have dropped off to VERY FEW each week. Even during holiday weeks, there were very few events. Right now is worse than the company has ever been.

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Simple phone interview 7 years ago They called me and asked if i knew anything about demo's and i said i have taken samples before. They asked if i had cooking experience and my availability

Interview Questions

• Do you like to cook and can you cook   1 Answer

Alcohol Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yorktown, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Yorktown, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I put in an appilcation online, submitted resume, had one quick email, one 10 minute phone conversation, a 5 minute skype interview an hour later, and was offered the job. Very easy process, Starting pay is pretty awesome. Only 20 hours a week, but that's all I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Have you every promoted alcohol?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Not applicable

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

Very straightforward, easy and fun process overall; one basic phone interview 1 day after I applied and then an in person, 1:1 interview a few days later. I got an offer later that same day. Really wanted the job but the hourly rate was so low, that I had to pass on the offer. Post taxes and after all of the free mileage I am expected to "donate" for the job, I would be in the poverty level range for income! So sad this is the case!

Interview Questions

• All of the usual stuff...how to handle challenging store managers, why I want to work for Advantage, why I would be an asset to the company, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview which seemed to go really well. The interviewer called and asked me several questions about my experience, and I asked some questions about the company. She told me that she'd like to schedule a follow-up appointment with the person who would be my supervisor. She scheduled the appointment for "Tuesday" at 1:00 PM, and sent an appointment to add to my calendar. I did so.

On Tuesday, I waited by my phone for the call, and at 2:00, I emailed and said that I was sorry the interviewer didn't get a chance to call, but I was still interested and would like to reschedule. I received a response a while later saying that the interviewer was on vacation and the interview was scheduled for _next_ Tuesday, and asking if that would work. So, my mistake. I do wish that it had been clarified that the interview wasn't for the Tuesday immediately following the initial phone call, but for the week after that, but miscommunications happen. I said that sure, next Tuesday would work.

During the week before the upcoming interview, I received five promotional emails from the company(not from the same employee I had spoken to previously, but from a different employee) advertising jobs that were not related and not even in the same field as what I was going to be interviewing for. All of the promotional emails were for the same types of position, for part-time weekend product demonstrators, whereas the job they had spoken to me for was a full-time systems engineer.

On the following Monday night, I got an email saying that the person who was supposed to be interviewing me was not going to be available for Tuesday, and asking if Wednesday at the same 1:00 time would work. I said that okay, that would work.

On Wednesday at 1:00, I was waiting by my phone, ready with some questions and with an open text document to use to take notes, but the call didn't come in. I waited until 1:30, then to 1:45, and then to 2:00. It's now after 3:00.

I don't know if the company just decided they didn't want to hire me, or if the interviewer forgot, or what. I'm marking the interview difficulty as "very difficult", not because the first discussion was difficult, but because this makes the third time that I used an hour of my time expecting for them to contact me and not being contacted. I also don't know why I received the marketing emails for part-time weekend product demonstrator jobs, but at this point I'm very concerned, and have decided to not pursue employment with this company.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions about my experience and previous work.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview but declined to continue with the process. I had a phone interview with the recruiter, then an in person interview, and a second in person interview. The first in person interview was scheduled at the wrong time (the recruiter told me one time, and the interviewer another). No one showed up to the second in person interview. They asked me to come back but I declined to continue with the process after this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your prior work experience, tell me about your work style   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview. He called 3 hours late when I was out and couldn't really talk for that long. Very unprofessional. Quick 5 minute phone call asking about my work experience and hired me immediately after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure they tell you the correct hours you will work a week. I was told 40 hours, but I am currently only working 28

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I've interviewed with this company for two different types of positions on two separate occasions and both have been mediocre experiences. Discussions with the hiring managers were straight forward but coming up with a final decision was stretched out. They used the recruiter (I had both an internal and external recruiter for these incidences) and they just drag on that they'd get back to me in a week or two. If you're not interested, just let me know and let's both move on especially if YOU were the one contacting me.

Recruiter Interview

Application

Interview

I don't the job on a career site and applied online. A little less than a week past and was contacted via phone for a phone interview. Took about 15 minutes and was asked to come in for an in person interview the same week. When I got to the place I waited for about 15 minutes and was asked the general questions. Make sure you are friendly and a people person. They will see if you can be a good fit for the job. Pretty smooth interview... IF you know what you are talking about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's a take it or leave it kind of negotiation.