Advantage Sales and Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.3

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

Applied online, Got a phone call from a recruiter very quickly. Asked about my experience. Then asked what I thought I should get paid. We agreed on a hourly rate and schedule. I then was sent an email requesting me to fill out a bunch of new hire paperwork. Since I finished the paperwork I have yet to receive a training date, it has been almost a month and still haven't worked at all.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions if you know anything about merchandising   Answer Question
    They asked what I wanted to be paid. I asked what they are paying. I said I wouldn't for anything less than what they promised in their posting on an online job posting site, and they agreed to pay me that

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

I applied online, had 2 phone calls and was hired by the second caller. I have never met a person working for this company face to face, yet they expect me to give my ssn and drivers license numbers online which makes me nervous. Just seems like poor practice for a company to expect one to do that these days when you never know if it is an identity theft scam! Also, if you read the fine print on the first acceptance email that you have been hired, (which gives them the right to ask for your ssn), it says you really aren't guaranteed the job until you go through the hiring process. I totally understand background check and drug tests, but still would feel much better if I could meet with someone before giving all my IDs! The form I am supposed to fill out online doesn't even say the site is secure! How do I know this is safe? Any site I have used in the past asking for that kind of info had safety features all over it! Anyway, I still havent decided whether I should complete the forms and continue with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    Simple questions, and hired so quickly it really seems a little suspicious!

Auditor Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in April 2013.

phone interview. there were 2 of them. Very brief quick, pleasant. first interviewed by company screener then by sales manger. They were efficient wanted immediate response. Evrything was done by phone and on line, I never met anyone.

take it or leave it

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I received a phone call from a recruitment person. She liked my answers and told me I would a get a call soon from the DM asking if i had any experience promoting a product! Your hired now do what is emailed to you.

None

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

Was called first by "Jesse" in CA, then told I was just right for job. Interviewed with DM Sharon Smith, was given all job info and said offer letter was coming. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. Don't know if I am hired or not.

Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

We interviewed at Starbucks and the lady seemed like she was off some drugs. She kept moving her mouth, but no words were coming out. She would be talking, and then, stop talking so that she could just move her lips as if words were really coming out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about working on your own with no boss?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tinley Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tinley Park, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2010.

I had a most excellent interview process with ASM, and was hired in 2010. I had a chance to meet the store managers, and the other ASM employees. It was a rather pleasant experience.

It went very smoothly.

Club Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2010.

contacted by a recruiter same day then the ROM gave me the run around on getting an interview after that i got a sit down interview in a club with the DSM and was hired same day but took 3 weeks to get paperwork completed. At the time there was a lot of items that needed to be faxed back to the company and the hiring manager just said they would email everything to me but did not say fax was required.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2013.

Not a long process. Application, if accepted, job offer. If the offer is accepted by you,you submit tax information. Then drug testing and I-9 formation.Then you will get to meet your supervisor for an interview. This company only wants hands and feet to be on the floor, regardless of the quality of the work being done. They expect event specialist to study for each demo, which is good, some do. They expect you to interact with members, which is good, some do. They expect you to demo up to 5 items. Cook, chop, portion out product, make eye contact, walk around your cart to mingle, all the while selling your products.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were answered on the application. During the interview, the club manager was in her own world. Just not interested in the process.   Answer Question
    It was a take it or leave it situation.

Events/Demo Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

The recruiter was wonderful. The actual super? Wha? That was no interview an misleading at that. The focus is on selling as long as you can hand out samples tho you should be fine. The interview is really not one. It's done while everyone is running around getting ready ....

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. Just a little role play of selling a product.   Answer Question
    There is none

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!