Advantage Sales and Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.2

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Got a fast reply by a recruiter through email, called him and did a telephone interview right there. He seemed to like my answers, asked me to do a skype interview, and then was offered the position within 24 hours after applying.

Interview Questions
    • Q: How would you convince me to try a product I didn't like?   View Answer

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

If it is in a remote area, you are probably the only candidate. They often move forward with the first person who applies, but it takes 2 months to get on board.
    Be sure to do some research on here for wages in your area. There is no consistent wage. The wages can range by $15,000 starting out. There is no pay raise, so do not lowball yourself. They pride themselves on turnover. It is cheaper to hire and train and new manager then give a pay raise. You will also not be able to give pay raises to any of your personnel. TURN OVER IS HIGH!

Interview Questions
    • None, they follow behavioral interview questions to a T!   View Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I was interviewed on-campus by a retail supervisor. The interview consisted of basic STAR interview questions and questions regarding employment history and Education. The interview was fairly casual and the interviewer gave a fairly accurate description of the job expectations and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
    None

Retail Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in January 2015.

The hiring process begins when you receive a call or email from a recruiter who schedules a phone interview. During the interview you are asked a bunch of very common questions. The recruiter will aggregate your responses into a doc that is given to the hiring manager for the 2nd interview. My recruiter was nice enough to help me properly formulate responses.
    Hiring manager called me a couple days later and couldn't be nicer. We were both disappointed that I couldn't take on the amount of travel required. I got a great feel from the people I spoke with about the job and the company and look forward to finding a position with ASM that fits my life better.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were reasonable and as challenging as you'd want them to be.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I sent in a resume from a ad posted on monster.com. I was than contacted to come in for a interview. The interview was one on one. General interview questions were asked. I was contacted a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation it was part time

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Overall Good experience. The recruiter was timely in completing a phone screening and then scheduling a one on one within the same week. The interviewer gave great details as to what the job responsibilities were and the next steps in completing the process.

emailed an offer

Event Specialist Interview

The initial application was completed after coming across the position on a local job board. After 2 months I was contacted, by phone, by a hiring manager based in California which asked me several questions such as who I was, why do I want to work for ASM, how can ASM help me achieve my goals and if I still looking for work. About 2 weeks later I was contacted again, if I was still looking for work and if I was interested in a position and then I was scheduled for another telephone interview which included many standard questions about my abilities, history and drug use. Finally, I was contacted by a local manager who brought me in to be interviewed, where my sales skills were evaluated.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, it was a flat $10 or $15 rate depending on ability.

Kitchen Aid Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I had to apply online then I had a phone interview, after the phone interview I had a skype interview and then finally was hired. I had to complete training online.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation that I know of

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

If you have any experience in the CPG industry, getting at least a phone interview is simple. Research the company and division you are applying for. This makes a BIG impression.

Straight forward. they have a systematic pay per position, but will step outside the box, for the person they feel is best for the position

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in November 2014.

Mid October, found job posted on LinkedIn. I applied via their website. On October 24 I reached out to an HR recruiter that I had been working with months prior on another opportunity for any details. He emailed me back saying he'd look into it. Three days later, October 27, I received an email from another recruiter regarding my application. We did a phone screen the next day on Oct. 28. She called me back on November 7 to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager. On November 11, I met with the Account Director, Account Supervisor and the VP of Client Services for a total of about an hour.

Both HR recruiters were extremely personable, friendly, honest and helpful. I enjoyed communicating with them whether it be on the phone or email. We were in different timezones and they were always respectful of that.

The hiring team was also very friendly. I met with the AD and the AS at the same time. Sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming, but they were very approachable and aware of our surroundings. There were a bunch of meetings going on, and many people in the office that had traveled in for day. So with all the craziness going on around, they were able to filter all of that out, and focus on our conversation. I was able to meet 1:1 with the VP and she was extremely friendly and approachable as well. She was very adamant that this was my career and my job, and wanted to make sure that not only would I serve their needs, but that this job would also meet mine.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about IN Marketing/ASM?   View Answer

I had another offer come in at the same time. The other offer was for a senior role, with a significant difference in pay. I was also coming from a position of being on-site in the client office and was really looking forward to being in-house at the agency again. This AE position was on-site at the client's office, and my other offer was at the agency. It was really a personal preference, and what I was looking for in the next step of my career.

If I didn't have this other offer, I absolutely would have accepted this role at ASM. Whoever they decide to fill this role, will be a very fortunate person.