Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.3

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Overall Good experience. The recruiter was timely in completing a phone screening and then scheduling a one on one within the same week. The interviewer gave great details as to what the job responsibilities were and the next steps in completing the process.

emailed an offer

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

The initial application was completed after coming across the position on a local job board. After 2 months I was contacted, by phone, by a hiring manager based in California which asked me several questions such as who I was, why do I want to work for ASM, how can ASM help me achieve my goals and if I still looking for work. About 2 weeks later I was contacted again, if I was still looking for work and if I was interested in a position and then I was scheduled for another telephone interview which included many standard questions about my abilities, history and drug use. Finally, I was contacted by a local manager who brought me in to be interviewed, where my sales skills were evaluated.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate, it was a flat $10 or $15 rate depending on ability.

Kitchen Aid Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I had to apply online then I had a phone interview, after the phone interview I had a skype interview and then finally was hired. I had to complete training online.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation that I know of

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

If you have any experience in the CPG industry, getting at least a phone interview is simple. Research the company and division you are applying for. This makes a BIG impression.

Straight forward. they have a systematic pay per position, but will step outside the box, for the person they feel is best for the position

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in November 2014.

Mid October, found job posted on LinkedIn. I applied via their website. On October 24 I reached out to an HR recruiter that I had been working with months prior on another opportunity for any details. He emailed me back saying he'd look into it. Three days later, October 27, I received an email from another recruiter regarding my application. We did a phone screen the next day on Oct. 28. She called me back on November 7 to schedule an in-person interview with the hiring manager. On November 11, I met with the Account Director, Account Supervisor and the VP of Client Services for a total of about an hour.

Both HR recruiters were extremely personable, friendly, honest and helpful. I enjoyed communicating with them whether it be on the phone or email. We were in different timezones and they were always respectful of that.

The hiring team was also very friendly. I met with the AD and the AS at the same time. Sometimes that can be a bit overwhelming, but they were very approachable and aware of our surroundings. There were a bunch of meetings going on, and many people in the office that had traveled in for day. So with all the craziness going on around, they were able to filter all of that out, and focus on our conversation. I was able to meet 1:1 with the VP and she was extremely friendly and approachable as well. She was very adamant that this was my career and my job, and wanted to make sure that not only would I serve their needs, but that this job would also meet mine.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about IN Marketing/ASM?   View Answer

I had another offer come in at the same time. The other offer was for a senior role, with a significant difference in pay. I was also coming from a position of being on-site in the client office and was really looking forward to being in-house at the agency again. This AE position was on-site at the client's office, and my other offer was at the agency. It was really a personal preference, and what I was looking for in the next step of my career.

If I didn't have this other offer, I absolutely would have accepted this role at ASM. Whoever they decide to fill this role, will be a very fortunate person.

Full Time Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in October 2014.

I have been contacted by a recruiter 3 times over the past two years. The first interview was for the wal mart team which I have experience with, as I've worked on Crossmarks walmart dedicated team for 6 years. I did a skype interview and was not selected for the position. Next I was called to be interviewed for another full time position working with OTC brands such as Bayer and oral b oral care. I drove 140 miles round trip to do an interview in a hotel lobby with Joan Campbell no problem as I was made to feel I was a great candidate for the position, with my experience and knowledge of the territory. Nonetheless I never received a response. Now on Oct 17 a recruiter by the name of Robert called about a full time position in Montgomery on the m&m Mars team. He advised me the district manager will contact me within 48 hours well, I never received a call. The ironic thing is I went to meet a woman today who turned down a part time job with FHI and I had to pick up supplies from her home in Prattville AL as I will be working this job she turned down. She turned down the part time job to work full time for advantage sales and marketing on none other than the M&M Mars team. Wow it's a small world she was Caucasian and i am a black female. But that couldn't possibly be why they keep choosing other candidates for these positions. In all honesty I think that is absolutely what it is. If you are a minority and you apply or have applied for employment with them. Do not be discouraged their are tons of reputable companies ie Acosta, Crossmark, BDS marketing the list goes on and on . I have worked for 2 of the top merchandising corporation in the industry. I advise you to not apply with Advantage. They are racist and do not make excuses about it. They choose candidates for what they believe is a better fit. The color of your skin. It's very discouraging but I just thought id pass my experience on to others. They have wasted a lot of my time and I want to make people aware of their unfair, unethical practices.

Event Specialist Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a few days later. At first it seems a little shady like it's a fake company, but it really isn't. Went over typical retail questions/experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Business Account Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I applied online. I went into the office for an in person interview. Next I had to do some more online stuff to prove that I could work in the US. I got to go back to the office and show them my passport to rove again that I could work in the US.

Interview Questions
    • When they want you to come in to prove you can work in the US. It helps you have your passport.   View Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Applied online for a different position at the company. A manager emailed me and told me that if I applied for the position, she would interview me. I did and soon after that we made plans for a phone interview. Had only one interview and soon after that it was mainly just processing my information and filling out an evaluation.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

I applied online, had 2 phone calls and was hired by the second caller. I have never met a person working for this company face to face, yet they expect me to give my ssn and drivers license numbers online which makes me nervous. Just seems like poor practice for a company to expect one to do that these days when you never know if it is an identity theft scam! Also, if you read the fine print on the first acceptance email that you have been hired, (which gives them the right to ask for your ssn), it says you really aren't guaranteed the job until you go through the hiring process. I totally understand background check and drug tests, but still would feel much better if I could meet with someone before giving all my IDs! The form I am supposed to fill out online doesn't even say the site is secure! How do I know this is safe? Any site I have used in the past asking for that kind of info had safety features all over it! Anyway, I still havent decided whether I should complete the forms and continue with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    Simple questions, and hired so quickly it really seems a little suspicious!