Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.3

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

Applied online, Got a phone call from a recruiter very quickly. Asked about my experience. Then asked what I thought I should get paid. We agreed on a hourly rate and schedule. I then was sent an email requesting me to fill out a bunch of new hire paperwork. Since I finished the paperwork I have yet to receive a training date, it has been almost a month and still haven't worked at all.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions if you know anything about merchandising   Answer Question
    They asked what I wanted to be paid. I asked what they are paying. I said I wouldn't for anything less than what they promised in their posting on an online job posting site, and they agreed to pay me that

Events/Demo Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

The recruiter was wonderful. The actual super? Wha? That was no interview an misleading at that. The focus is on selling as long as you can hand out samples tho you should be fine. The interview is really not one. It's done while everyone is running around getting ready ....

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. Just a little role play of selling a product.   Answer Question
    There is none

Category Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Pretty easy and laid back Interview. They told me a little more about their company and what they did at this particular office. They then asked me about my background and more specific questions related to what they had read in my resume.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Searched online on glass door, and a recruiter had contacted me set up a phone interview, in which i basically got told about the position. then i went to panera bread to have an interview, which went great. He was a nice guy. and i got called two days later with a job offer.

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Was contacted by HR and had an initial phone interview. From there I interviewed on the phone and in person with the hiring manager. My HR point of contact was very diligent and fast to respond to any questions or concerns I had during the hiring process. From initial phone interview to hearing an official offer was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked questions about past experiences to see how my skills can be transferrable to the position I was applying for. The interviewer was very friendly and made it easy to speak about my skills and experience without being nervous.   Answer Question

Retail Project Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in July 2014.

Interview was virtually non-existent. The area supervisor told me what area was open. It is about 35 miles from where I live (one way). I'll give it a month or so, but with the price of gasoline, and no mileage reimbursement, hopefully something closer might open up in a few weeks.

The recruiter told me in preliminary phone interview that the rate of pay was $10 per hour with mileage or $11 per hour with no mileage. Area supervisor said she'd never heard of that. Mileage reimbursement only kicked in AFTER first 40 miles of leaving your home and is excluded with the last 40 miles back to your home.

Retail Project Merchandiser/Reset Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton, IL

The interview process went well. The recruiter was very friendly along with the hiring managers. One thing they failed to mention was if there was a drug screen that was needed. That's the only question I need answered

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how well I work with a team, and also told that there are egotistical people who work for the company and how would that bother me   View Answer
    I was asked what I felt was a reasonable pay rate and I was offered $10.75

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anchorage, AK

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in July 2014.

Most of the information was relayed to online and HR is quite proactive in their hiring process. Since I did a project for them though another firm at $18.00 they realized who I was and my work ethics, so the process was easy. Of course the typical background and drug test are require, since you are in the public view.

Interview Questions
    • None just simply experience and honestly. This is a self started position they are seeking mature experience individuals. All the people I worked with were very helpful.   View Answer
    There was not one.

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I was offered a position after the 2nd phone interview. All the new hire paperwork was done through their online portal. Trying to get someone to review the I-9 was a nightmare and everyone I spoke to for help told me something different. Many times, no one would respond to my emails.

The whole new hire paperwork process was an absolute nightmare. My husband had concerns because the interview with the hiring manager wasn't face to face. The on-line portal housed everything and printing out the information was a challenge. I had major issues with dealing with the I-9 and only had one day to get it reviewed. No one at the main office was helpful. Being so frustrated, I felt it was best I didn't work with this company so I rescinded the job offer.

ACE LDA Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Went to a career fair and was asked to do a phone interview. Did a phone interview that was filled with STARS questions. Then did two 1:1 interviews with seperate individuals.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of same stars questions. Name a time that you failed? what did you learn? what would you do better next time? : What are your weaknesses? : What are your strengths?   Answer Question