Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.3

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Applied online and got a phone call a few days later. At first it seems a little shady like it's a fake company, but it really isn't. Went over typical retail questions/experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Business Account Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I applied online. I went into the office for an in person interview. Next I had to do some more online stuff to prove that I could work in the US. I got to go back to the office and show them my passport to rove again that I could work in the US.

Interview Questions
    • When they want you to come in to prove you can work in the US. It helps you have your passport.   View Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Applied online for a different position at the company. A manager emailed me and told me that if I applied for the position, she would interview me. I did and soon after that we made plans for a phone interview. Had only one interview and soon after that it was mainly just processing my information and filling out an evaluation.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

I applied online, had 2 phone calls and was hired by the second caller. I have never met a person working for this company face to face, yet they expect me to give my ssn and drivers license numbers online which makes me nervous. Just seems like poor practice for a company to expect one to do that these days when you never know if it is an identity theft scam! Also, if you read the fine print on the first acceptance email that you have been hired, (which gives them the right to ask for your ssn), it says you really aren't guaranteed the job until you go through the hiring process. I totally understand background check and drug tests, but still would feel much better if I could meet with someone before giving all my IDs! The form I am supposed to fill out online doesn't even say the site is secure! How do I know this is safe? Any site I have used in the past asking for that kind of info had safety features all over it! Anyway, I still havent decided whether I should complete the forms and continue with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    Simple questions, and hired so quickly it really seems a little suspicious!

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I received a phone call from a recruitment person. She liked my answers and told me I would a get a call soon from the DM asking if i had any experience promoting a product! Your hired now do what is emailed to you.

None

Event Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

Was called first by "Jesse" in CA, then told I was just right for job. Interviewed with DM Sharon Smith, was given all job info and said offer letter was coming. That was 2 1/2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing. Don't know if I am hired or not.

Retail Reset Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

Applied online, Got a phone call from a recruiter very quickly. Asked about my experience. Then asked what I thought I should get paid. We agreed on a hourly rate and schedule. I then was sent an email requesting me to fill out a bunch of new hire paperwork. Since I finished the paperwork I have yet to receive a training date, it has been almost a month and still haven't worked at all.

Interview Questions
    • Very simple questions if you know anything about merchandising   Answer Question
    They asked what I wanted to be paid. I asked what they are paying. I said I wouldn't for anything less than what they promised in their posting on an online job posting site, and they agreed to pay me that

Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

We interviewed at Starbucks and the lady seemed like she was off some drugs. She kept moving her mouth, but no words were coming out. She would be talking, and then, stop talking so that she could just move her lips as if words were really coming out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about working on your own with no boss?   Answer Question

Events/Demo Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

The recruiter was wonderful. The actual super? Wha? That was no interview an misleading at that. The focus is on selling as long as you can hand out samples tho you should be fine. The interview is really not one. It's done while everyone is running around getting ready ....

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions. Just a little role play of selling a product.   Answer Question
    There is none

Category Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Pretty easy and laid back Interview. They told me a little more about their company and what they did at this particular office. They then asked me about my background and more specific questions related to what they had read in my resume.