Advantage Sales and Marketing

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Specialist/Event Demonstrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downey, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2014.

We interviewed at Starbucks and the lady seemed like she was off some drugs. She kept moving her mouth, but no words were coming out. She would be talking, and then, stop talking so that she could just move her lips as if words were really coming out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like about working on your own with no boss?   Answer Question

Organizational Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Was contacted by HR and had an initial phone interview. From there I interviewed on the phone and in person with the hiring manager. My HR point of contact was very diligent and fast to respond to any questions or concerns I had during the hiring process. From initial phone interview to hearing an official offer was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Asked questions about past experiences to see how my skills can be transferrable to the position I was applying for. The interviewer was very friendly and made it easy to speak about my skills and experience without being nervous.   Answer Question

Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in January 2014.

The interview process was very quick and efficient. It was already a given that I was going to get the job, it was just a matter of talking about where, when, and what their expectations of me were.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Hiring process has changed since I was first hired 5 years ago. But pretty basic, know what your doing, and be confident in what your saying

Interview Questions
    • If your manager was doing something wrong would you report it? I said yes, and was fired for doing so.   Answer Question
    No, negotiations, they choose how much you will be paid out of their budget per manager.

Leadership Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

1 phone interview, and then a skype interview to present a project given to you by initial interviewer

Interview Questions
    I would have negotiated if i had known what I know now, however, I always believe in working for a paycheck and not working to live up to your paycheck

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in July 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter from Advantage Sales & Marketing. I had never heard of them before. They saw my resume on one of the internet job-board site. The interview was a break the ice and flowing. I liked that the person I interviewed. She asked me questions based on the needs of the company. I do not care for behavioral questions because if you are not on the same page at the time these questions are posed, it may take some time, especially if you are a methodical thinker to "think of a time when..." Those are fair to comedians and from what I learned from Toastmasters as an impromptu speaker.

I passed through the initial screening and interviewing. Management was please with my background.

None available since this was a part-time and based on state regulations.

Entry Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in January 2012.

Thought it was for marketing, ends up working at Home Depot selling kitchen appliances. Waited in Lobby for near 2 hrs, asked the most ridiculous questions and my interviewer was an 18 yr old. Not what was explained over phone would give details before I arrived and complete waste of a day and time.

Interview Questions
    • If I would want to work at home deport selling kitchen appliances   View Answer

Misrepresented the company and job label and details of job

Customer Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in June 2011.

I was hired inerviewed and hired as a Leadership Development Associate in order to learn the ropes in the CPG business. I prepared for my interview by learning all I could about the job and the business it would be in. Through interviewing initially over the phone with talent acquisition, the second interview was over the internet webcam. After enough time, details wer given and the hiring process carried on.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect in the future if this job becomes yours?   Answer Question
    Fully understand the committment you are making, unexpected surprises are never fun.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in February 2011.

Was simple, just a one on one interview via phone, then in person, and then again with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • How would you say you are more qualified than other candidates?   Answer Question

Pay is terrible.

I-9 Something Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in August 2010.

Interviewed here for a job and felt like I wasted my time driving to the interview because the Recruiter said I was over qualified.