Advantage Sales and Marketing

jobs.asmnet.com

Advantage Sales and Marketing Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – Searched online on glass door, and a recruiter had contacted me set up a phone interview, in which i basically got told about the position. then i went to panera bread to have an interview, which went great. He was a nice guy. and i got called two days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Sell me this pencil   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2012.

Interview Details – Easy average questions. Mostly about experience an how to handle conflict. The lady that interviewed me was nice and listened to my answers. Be positive and excited about the job. They want outgoing people as you will need to work with store managers. We met at a coffee shop as this is a route job, I never went to an office my entire time employed with them.

Interview Question – Example of a time when you went out of the way for a customer and they still were not satisfied.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Retail Sales Merchandiser

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was hired over the phone. I received no training. I worked with my supervisor 4 time over seven years.

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Merchandiser

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2012.

Interview Details – They have internal headhunters. You have a phone interview with them and then you can move forward to a personal interview. The interview was with the Supervisor. She seemd like all she wanted was a warm boby in the position. Advantage has a high turn over rate because they treat their employees like crap.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Here is the hourly wage, take it or leave it. There were no negotiations.

Pine Bluff, AR

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in March 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online and received a phone call

Negotiation Details – Explained what the job , location and pay rate.

I applied online and interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – The person that interviewed me was very nice.

Interview Question – This interview was several years ago, so I can't recall specific questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – I did not apply for this position, they contacted me. First by phone,then live interview.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

I applied online and interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview Details – I initially applied online and received an email with 10 questions that I was to answer that were pre-employment screening questions as well as a brief overview of the position. A few days later I received a call from a recruiter who asked me questions reviewing my answers as well as additional questions asking about my background and goals for the future. My information was then forwarded to the supervisor for my area and a phone interview was scheduled the next week. After the phone interview an in-person interview was scheduled at a local walmart. We spoke further about the position, I was given a tour of the store locating the clients we served and their products on the shelves as well as a brief introduction on use of the ipad. I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a manager who you asked to help you complete information and then when you returned a week later the task was still incomplete?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – During the phone interview my supervisor was very honest i had originally said i was looking for a certain amount that was already below the minimum. He said he wouldn't low ball me and that the job was worth the maximum he was available to offer and that's what he gave me.

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in June 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by talent acquisition, then a phone call from my supervisor which led to an in person interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake at work. What did you do and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation. I was given the hourly rate up front which I said sounded fine

Morristown, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very long interview process for just a job. This company dose not offer careers

Negotiation Details – There is no negation with this company you either take what the company offers or you do not take the job

Worked for Advantage Sales and Marketing? Contribute to the Community!