Advantage Sales and Marketing

Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.0

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I was interviewed on-campus by a retail supervisor. The interview consisted of basic STAR interview questions and questions regarding employment history and Education. The interview was fairly casual and the interviewer gave a fairly accurate description of the job expectations and responsibilities.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question
None

Other Interview Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I sent in a resume from a ad posted on monster.com. I was than contacted to come in for a interview. The interview was one on one. General interview questions were asked. I was contacted a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation it was part time

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Overall Good experience. The recruiter was timely in completing a phone screening and then scheduling a one on one within the same week. The interviewer gave great details as to what the job responsibilities were and the next steps in completing the process.

emailed an offer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Applied online for a different position at the company. A manager emailed me and told me that if I applied for the position, she would interview me. I did and soon after that we made plans for a phone interview. Had only one interview and soon after that it was mainly just processing my information and filling out an evaluation.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

I applied online, had 2 phone calls and was hired by the second caller. I have never met a person working for this company face to face, yet they expect me to give my ssn and drivers license numbers online which makes me nervous. Just seems like poor practice for a company to expect one to do that these days when you never know if it is an identity theft scam! Also, if you read the fine print on the first acceptance email that you have been hired, (which gives them the right to ask for your ssn), it says you really aren't guaranteed the job until you go through the hiring process. I totally understand background check and drug tests, but still would feel much better if I could meet with someone before giving all my IDs! The form I am supposed to fill out online doesn't even say the site is secure! How do I know this is safe? Any site I have used in the past asking for that kind of info had safety features all over it! Anyway, I still havent decided whether I should complete the forms and continue with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    Simple questions, and hired so quickly it really seems a little suspicious!

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Searched online on glass door, and a recruiter had contacted me set up a phone interview, in which i basically got told about the position. then i went to panera bread to have an interview, which went great. He was a nice guy. and i got called two days later with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in May 2014.

Complete disaster of an interview process. Recruiter had to reschedule last minute multiple times. Had a very uncomfortable phone and Skype interview. Third interview was in person, but was mostly just information on what the job was. I never felt I had a real interview which was less stressful but the whole process was unorganized and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • Did not have many real interview questions, most important to them seemed to be that you would be willing to relocate if you were looking to move up within the company.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

The person that interviewed me was very nice.

Interview Questions
    • This interview was several years ago, so I can't recall specific questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I did not apply for this position, they contacted me. First by phone,then live interview.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

I initially applied online and received an email with 10 questions that I was to answer that were pre-employment screening questions as well as a brief overview of the position. A few days later I received a call from a recruiter who asked me questions reviewing my answers as well as additional questions asking about my background and goals for the future. My information was then forwarded to the supervisor for my area and a phone interview was scheduled the next week. After the phone interview an in-person interview was scheduled at a local walmart. We spoke further about the position, I was given a tour of the store locating the clients we served and their products on the shelves as well as a brief introduction on use of the ipad. I was then offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a manager who you asked to help you complete information and then when you returned a week later the task was still incomplete?   View Answer
    During the phone interview my supervisor was very honest i had originally said i was looking for a certain amount that was already below the minimum. He said he wouldn't low ball me and that the job was worth the maximum he was available to offer and that's what he gave me.