Advantage Sales and Marketing Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.0

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

Very straightforward, easy and fun process overall; one basic phone interview 1 day after I applied and then an in person, 1:1 interview a few days later. I got an offer later that same day. Really wanted the job but the hourly rate was so low, that I had to pass on the offer. Post taxes and after all of the free mileage I am expected to "donate" for the job, I would be in the poverty level range for income! So sad this is the case!

Interview Questions

• All of the usual stuff...how to handle challenging store managers, why I want to work for Advantage, why I would be an asset to the company, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advantage Sales and Marketing

Application

Interview

Phone interview. He called 3 hours late when I was out and couldn't really talk for that long. Very unprofessional. Quick 5 minute phone call asking about my work experience and hired me immediately after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure they tell you the correct hours you will work a week. I was told 40 hours, but I am currently only working 28

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

I was interviewed on-campus by a retail supervisor. The interview consisted of basic STAR interview questions and questions regarding employment history and Education. The interview was fairly casual and the interviewer gave a fairly accurate description of the job expectations and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

I sent in a resume from a ad posted on monster.com. I was than contacted to come in for a interview. The interview was one on one. General interview questions were asked. I was contacted a few days later and offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation it was part time

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

Overall Good experience. The recruiter was timely in completing a phone screening and then scheduling a one on one within the same week. The interviewer gave great details as to what the job responsibilities were and the next steps in completing the process.

Negotiation

emailed an offer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

Applied online for a different position at the company. A manager emailed me and told me that if I applied for the position, she would interview me. I did and soon after that we made plans for a phone interview. Had only one interview and soon after that it was mainly just processing my information and filling out an evaluation.

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online, had 2 phone calls and was hired by the second caller. I have never met a person working for this company face to face, yet they expect me to give my ssn and drivers license numbers online which makes me nervous. Just seems like poor practice for a company to expect one to do that these days when you never know if it is an identity theft scam! Also, if you read the fine print on the first acceptance email that you have been hired, (which gives them the right to ask for your ssn), it says you really aren't guaranteed the job until you go through the hiring process. I totally understand background check and drug tests, but still would feel much better if I could meet with someone before giving all my IDs! The form I am supposed to fill out online doesn't even say the site is secure! How do I know this is safe? Any site I have used in the past asking for that kind of info had safety features all over it! Anyway, I still havent decided whether I should complete the forms and continue with the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple questions, and hired so quickly it really seems a little suspicious!

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online. I received a call within about two days. I had prior experience with their competitor. They were very nice and professional. Overall, easy questions. Just be honest. I even joked with the guy a couple of times. Then I was given a face to face interview with who would become my boss. She seemed very eager to get to know me. That interview was about fifteen minutes and we meet in a location of my choosing. I was called two days later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your experience in this field? (Retail) 2) Are you okay with extensive travel if needed? 3) what salary are you expecting? (Seriously, he'll/she'll ask in the interview)   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing.

Interview

Searched online on glass door, and a recruiter had contacted me set up a phone interview, in which i basically got told about the position. then i went to panera bread to have an interview, which went great. He was a nice guy. and i got called two days later with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advantage Sales and Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Complete disaster of an interview process. Recruiter had to reschedule last minute multiple times. Had a very uncomfortable phone and Skype interview. Third interview was in person, but was mostly just information on what the job was. I never felt I had a real interview which was less stressful but the whole process was unorganized and uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Did not have many real interview questions, most important to them seemed to be that you would be willing to relocate if you were looking to move up within the company.   Answer Question