Advent Software

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance and Accounting Internship Interview

Finance and Accounting Internship

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advent Software.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with recruiter. Asked questions such as why you liked company and why did you pick that job instead of others that related closely to them. Good luck to all and hope you do well on what you want to do.

Interview Question – Skills and any experience on resume they are unclear of   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 11 months - interviewed at Advent Software in October 2010.

Interview Details – Absurd, long and drawn out, a mind game. I went on interview after interview , was put on hold for almost a year before they actually hired me, very difficult and intense process

Interview Question – How do you feel about being interviewed by at least 15 people before given a chance for two final interviews each with the leading executives?The interview process consisted of 7 different meetings with about 15 different people, by the time the negotiation phase came I felt like I had gone through so much that taking a lower pay would be worth it, the talked up themselves in the interview but a lit of what they said was either not true or was exxageratted, for example the praised themselves on the culture they created which I think is a joke and they force it us   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The interview process consisted of 7 different meetings with about 15 different people, by the time the negotiation phase came I felt like I had gone through so much that taking a lower pay would be worth it, the talked up themselves in the interview process but a lit of what they said was either not true or was exxageratted, for example the praised themselves on the culture they created which I think is a joke and they force it us

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advent Software.

Interview Details – Recruiter conducted initial interview, followed by the hiring manager's 2nd and 3rd interviews. While they were slow to communicate, when they did, it was always positive and transparent. The only disappointing aspect of the process was that the hiring manager didn't seem to really know what they wanted; when asked about standard job description details the manager was vague.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions about competencies and experience.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary range was 15% lower than industry average.

Client Support Representative Interview

Client Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in February 2011.

Interview Details – First apply for the job online on their website. If they are interested, someone will call you and tell you the basics of the hiring process and the job in general.

After this initial call back they will call for a phone interview. I believe it was about 45 minutes but it has been a while.

If you pass the phone interview there will be at least 2 in person interviews. The first interview is a fairly all day event, I remember arriving in the morning and being there for at least 3-4 hours, if not more.

After arriving and greeting, was asked to respond (simulation) to an important upset client by email based on a set of conditions provided, which was about 5-7 facts about the situation. Afterwards there was about 2 hour long group interviews with 2-3 persons each time. They were pleasant and professional.

Interview Question – I honestly cannot remember too much in the field of specific questions, but they did ask riddles that require logical thinking, such as how to measure exactly 4 gallons of water using only a 2 gallon bucket and 3 gallon bucket (the exact details escape me, but there were at least 2 or 3 questions of this type)   View Answer

Client Support Representative Interview

Client Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Advent Software in December 2009.

Interview Details – There is a phone screen. If you pass that there is then a phone interview with a Sr. Manager. In this interview you have to teach something to them. If you pass that then there is a two interview process. The first phase is a writing test where you have to respond to an email. The next piece is you meet with a two person team to speak about technical details. There is usually a study guide provided weeks in advance over what they will tell you. After you pass this first part of the interview you will have a final interview with another two person where they will go over all the basic interview questions and make sure you are a match for the team.

Interview Question – They ask some standard trivia brain teasers. The point is to show your problem solving ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 0 negotiation. Here is the offer, here is the amount that the role pays. This is brought up very far in advance of the interviews.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Client Support Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in September 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, 2 in person interviews then 6-8 weeks of training once hired. Online and oral testing each week with change to lose your job if you don't pass the tests. Final test at the end that determines if you remain hired.

Interview Question – troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Data Support Representative Interview

Data Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advent Software in May 2011.

Interview Details – Consists of a call from recruiter from the department in which you've applied to, a phone interview with a current data support lead, another phone interview with a data support hiring manager, and then a panel/group with the team that you would be working closely with at Advent. The group interview will last around 2.5 hours. Every 40 minutes you will have meet two team mates and they will ask you to describe your work history and ask you the similar questions each time.

Interview Question – Describe your work history.   View Answer

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Professional Services Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advent Software in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, hiring manager and spent a half day in their NY office interviewed by a employees of different roles. Review of resume, presentation skills, technical and business knowledge.Interview questions consisted of determining problem solving skills and how you would handle different workplace situations and personalities.

Interview Question – Describe a particular problem you encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Advent Software in September 2010.

Interview Details – I just had my initial interview with Advent Software. As a candidate for the New York office, what can I expect as far as the interview process and training should I get the job?

Interview Question – I was asked about my experience.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in May 2010.

Interview Details – First went through a recruiter, then got a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then went into the office for in person and met with 4 team members.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last manager? What was his/her management style and what skills would your ideal manager possess.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Advent Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advent Software interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advent Software employees and interview candidates.