Advent Software

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

3.2

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advent Software.

Phone interview only. It was short, good but never received any follow up afterwards. But strange since this recruiter called twice and email for an interview.

I think I was declined another interview due to the fact on the desired salary.

It was obvious after the recruiter cut to the chase and ended the conversation and saying how he will reach out to the hiring manager afterwards.

It would been nice to simply say sorry this is below your asking salary price.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions like tell me about yourself, why are you looking to leave your current role, how much do you make and desired.   Answer Question

Client Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advent Software.

Found Advent's job requisition through Craigslist for a Senior Client Support Specialist, then followed link to Jobvite and applied. About a week later, their contract recruiter sent an email to set up a phone interview for their Global Client Support Specialist position; out of 5 days, 3 possible days for an interview had to be selected.

The interviewer was very precise and seemed to be going off of a list of typical interview questions, like what was my background, what I knew about Advent and its products, what I felt that I could bring to the team.

A few days later, I received another email from the contract recruiter and an in-person interview was scheduled.

Upon arriving, I had to sign-in, place a name tag on my shirt, and eventually met with one of the senior support reps. I was shown parts of the office, and after a brief conversation, we met with another senior support rep. The interview involved more typical information exchange, as well as a couple brain teasers; fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water, using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug, and something about socks, and how many of each color.

Although the interview experience was different than most others, it seems Advent utilizes this format for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water, using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug, and something about socks, and how many of each color.   View Answer

CSM Interview

We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Client Support Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advent Software in September 2014.

The entire process took one month. After filling out the Jobvite, I was contacted via email to setup a prescreen phone interview. After passing this, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager who passed me onto the final in person interview. I was given a study guide on finance and technical terms and scheduled an in person interview the following week.

I arrived at my interview and was told that it was three parts: 1) meet with a client support rep for an hour and listen to any calls he may have, 2) met a manager, another client support rep, and someone calling in from the Boston Office - here I was interviewed for an hour and asked three brain teasers along with describing my work history, 3 ) met with two more reps and the director - Here I as again asked to describe my work history and asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers:
      1) there are 9 spherical balls and one weighs more than the rest. You have a balance scale and two tries. How do you find out which ball weighs the most?
      2) It is dark and you are to choose 1 sock at random. There are 20 black and 20 blue socks. What is the least amount of socks you can pick at random to be guaranteed a matching pair?
      3)Your internet is not working. What do you do?

Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advent Software in August 2014.

Applied online. Took about 3 week before I heard anything- received an email from HR to schedule an initial phone "interview" with him. The HR rep was extremely nice and seemed very excited about the company. Within a week I was scheduled for another phone interview, this time for a technical screening with an engineering manager. We used a screen sharing tool so he could show questions that he'd prepared for me to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked some typical software interview questions requiring knowledge of databases and recursion, questions about OOP, and then some more language specific questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advent Software in July 2014.

First phone screen with recruiter went really well. He seemed really excited about working for Advent and just upbeat in general. A few days later had another phone interview with a Software Engineer. This involved more technical questions regarding my past experience and knowledge, not very tough. About a week later they brought me in for 4 1-on-1 interviews. First their was a short technical test followed by 3 interviews with SEs. The final interview was with a product manager. He asked me more broad questions regarding my experience in school.

Interview Questions
    Brief since I was coming in with very little real world experience. I was very happy with the offer since my initial ballpark was well exceeded. I do wish I had some more preparation going into the negotiation phase.

Finance and Accounting Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advent Software.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Asked questions such as why you liked company and why did you pick that job instead of others that related closely to them. Good luck to all and hope you do well on what you want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Skills and any experience on resume they are unclear of   Answer Question

FP&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Advent Software in May 2014.

Had a phone interview with recruiter who just went over my resume. About a week later I had another phone interview with the hiring manager which consisted of mostly behavioral questions and my experience with excel. Then they brought me in for four 30 minute interviews with managers, mostly just wanted someone with a positive attitude and who was going to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • Basic behavioral questions, some questions about experience with excel and school projects.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advent Software.

Recruiter conducted initial interview, followed by the hiring manager's 2nd and 3rd interviews. While they were slow to communicate, when they did, it was always positive and transparent. The only disappointing aspect of the process was that the hiring manager didn't seem to really know what they wanted; when asked about standard job description details the manager was vague.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions about competencies and experience.   Answer Question

The salary range was 15% lower than industry average.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advent Software.

The interview process was fragmented in that I had to return to the building for 3 separate on-site interviews.

The interviewers are very cautious about hiring the right people and are pretty thorough with a mixture of behavioral and more technical questions.

They were very polite and nice, however, and generally easy to talk to. I don't mind interviews that much and rather enjoyed them.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell what you did not like about past employers and co-workers. (I believe it is designed almost as a trick to see if you will disparage them ore not)   View Answer
    They offered much lower than I expected (or had ever been paid). I countered to which they countered right in the middle. It was still well below national averaged.