Advent Software

Updated Oct 4, 2014
Updated Oct 4, 2014

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advent Software.

Found Advent's job requisition through Craigslist for a Senior Client Support Specialist, then followed link to Jobvite and applied. About a week later, their contract recruiter sent an email to set up a phone interview for their Global Client Support Specialist position; out of 5 days, 3 possible days for an interview had to be selected.

The interviewer was very precise and seemed to be going off of a list of typical interview questions, like what was my background, what I knew about Advent and its products, what I felt that I could bring to the team.

A few days later, I received another email from the contract recruiter and an in-person interview was scheduled.

Upon arriving, I had to sign-in, place a name tag on my shirt, and eventually met with one of the senior support reps. I was shown parts of the office, and after a brief conversation, we met with another senior support rep. The interview involved more typical information exchange, as well as a couple brain teasers; fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water, using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug, and something about socks, and how many of each color.

Although the interview experience was different than most others, it seems Advent utilizes this format for everyone.

Interview Questions
    • fill a jug with exactly 4 gallons of water, using only a 3 gallon and a 5 gallon jug, and something about socks, and how many of each color.   View Answer

CSM Interview

We're committed to protecting our community from fraudulent submissions that might affect our ratings and reviews.

We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Client Support Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advent Software in September 2014.

The entire process took one month. After filling out the Jobvite, I was contacted via email to setup a prescreen phone interview. After passing this, I had a phone interview with a hiring manager who passed me onto the final in person interview. I was given a study guide on finance and technical terms and scheduled an in person interview the following week.

I arrived at my interview and was told that it was three parts: 1) meet with a client support rep for an hour and listen to any calls he may have, 2) met a manager, another client support rep, and someone calling in from the Boston Office - here I was interviewed for an hour and asked three brain teasers along with describing my work history, 3 ) met with two more reps and the director - Here I as again asked to describe my work history and asked some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teasers:
      1) there are 9 spherical balls and one weighs more than the rest. You have a balance scale and two tries. How do you find out which ball weighs the most?
      2) It is dark and you are to choose 1 sock at random. There are 20 black and 20 blue socks. What is the least amount of socks you can pick at random to be guaranteed a matching pair?
      3)Your internet is not working. What do you do?
        Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advent Software in August 2014.

Applied online. Took about 3 week before I heard anything- received an email from HR to schedule an initial phone "interview" with him. The HR rep was extremely nice and seemed very excited about the company. Within a week I was scheduled for another phone interview, this time for a technical screening with an engineering manager. We used a screen sharing tool so he could show questions that he'd prepared for me to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked some typical software interview questions requiring knowledge of databases and recursion, questions about OOP, and then some more language specific questions.   Answer Question

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advent Software in July 2014.

First phone screen with recruiter went really well. He seemed really excited about working for Advent and just upbeat in general. A few days later had another phone interview with a Software Engineer. This involved more technical questions regarding my past experience and knowledge, not very tough. About a week later they brought me in for 4 1-on-1 interviews. First their was a short technical test followed by 3 interviews with SEs. The final interview was with a product manager. He asked me more broad questions regarding my experience in school.

Interview Questions
    Brief since I was coming in with very little real world experience. I was very happy with the offer since my initial ballpark was well exceeded. I do wish I had some more preparation going into the negotiation phase.

Finance and Accounting Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advent Software.

Phone Interview with recruiter. Asked questions such as why you liked company and why did you pick that job instead of others that related closely to them. Good luck to all and hope you do well on what you want to do.

Interview Questions
    • Skills and any experience on resume they are unclear of   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advent Software.

Recruiter conducted initial interview, followed by the hiring manager's 2nd and 3rd interviews. While they were slow to communicate, when they did, it was always positive and transparent. The only disappointing aspect of the process was that the hiring manager didn't seem to really know what they wanted; when asked about standard job description details the manager was vague.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions about competencies and experience.   Answer Question

The salary range was 15% lower than industry average.

Data Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advent Software in May 2011.

Consists of a call from recruiter from the department in which you've applied to, a phone interview with a current data support lead, another phone interview with a data support hiring manager, and then a panel/group with the team that you would be working closely with at Advent. The group interview will last around 2.5 hours. Every 40 minutes you will have meet two team mates and they will ask you to describe your work history and ask you the similar questions each time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advent Software in February 2011.

First apply for the job online on their website. If they are interested, someone will call you and tell you the basics of the hiring process and the job in general.

After this initial call back they will call for a phone interview. I believe it was about 45 minutes but it has been a while.

If you pass the phone interview there will be at least 2 in person interviews. The first interview is a fairly all day event, I remember arriving in the morning and being there for at least 3-4 hours, if not more.

After arriving and greeting, was asked to respond (simulation) to an important upset client by email based on a set of conditions provided, which was about 5-7 facts about the situation. Afterwards there was about 2 hour long group interviews with 2-3 persons each time. They were pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly cannot remember too much in the field of specific questions, but they did ask riddles that require logical thinking, such as how to measure exactly 4 gallons of water using only a 2 gallon bucket and 3 gallon bucket (the exact details escape me, but there were at least 2 or 3 questions of this type)   View Answers (2)

Professional Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advent Software in December 2010.

Phone interview with recruiter, hiring manager and spent a half day in their NY office interviewed by a employees of different roles. Review of resume, presentation skills, technical and business knowledge.Interview questions consisted of determining problem solving skills and how you would handle different workplace situations and personalities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a particular problem you encountered and how you solved it.   Answer Question