Advent Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Support Representative Interview

Client Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in February 2011.

Interview Details – First apply for the job online on their website. If they are interested, someone will call you and tell you the basics of the hiring process and the job in general.

After this initial call back they will call for a phone interview. I believe it was about 45 minutes but it has been a while.

If you pass the phone interview there will be at least 2 in person interviews. The first interview is a fairly all day event, I remember arriving in the morning and being there for at least 3-4 hours, if not more.

After arriving and greeting, was asked to respond (simulation) to an important upset client by email based on a set of conditions provided, which was about 5-7 facts about the situation. Afterwards there was about 2 hour long group interviews with 2-3 persons each time. They were pleasant and professional.

Interview Question – I honestly cannot remember too much in the field of specific questions, but they did ask riddles that require logical thinking, such as how to measure exactly 4 gallons of water using only a 2 gallon bucket and 3 gallon bucket (the exact details escape me, but there were at least 2 or 3 questions of this type)   View Answer

Client Support Representative Interview

Client Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Advent Software in December 2009.

Interview Details – There is a phone screen. If you pass that there is then a phone interview with a Sr. Manager. In this interview you have to teach something to them. If you pass that then there is a two interview process. The first phase is a writing test where you have to respond to an email. The next piece is you meet with a two person team to speak about technical details. There is usually a study guide provided weeks in advance over what they will tell you. After you pass this first part of the interview you will have a final interview with another two person where they will go over all the basic interview questions and make sure you are a match for the team.

Interview Question – They ask some standard trivia brain teasers. The point is to show your problem solving ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 0 negotiation. Here is the offer, here is the amount that the role pays. This is brought up very far in advance of the interviews.

Client Support Analyst Interview

Client Support Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in September 2009.

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview, 2 in person interviews then 6-8 weeks of training once hired. Online and oral testing each week with change to lose your job if you don't pass the tests. Final test at the end that determines if you remain hired.

Interview Question – troubleshooting questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Data Support Representative Interview

Data Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advent Software in May 2011.

Interview Details – Consists of a call from recruiter from the department in which you've applied to, a phone interview with a current data support lead, another phone interview with a data support hiring manager, and then a panel/group with the team that you would be working closely with at Advent. The group interview will last around 2.5 hours. Every 40 minutes you will have meet two team mates and they will ask you to describe your work history and ask you the similar questions each time.

Interview Question – Describe your work history.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in May 2010.

Interview Details – First went through a recruiter, then got a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then went into the office for in person and met with 4 team members.

Interview Question – What didn't you like about your last manager? What was his/her management style and what skills would your ideal manager possess.   Answer Question

IMG Client Support Representative Interview

IMG Client Support Representative
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Advent Software in January 2010.

Interview Details – I recently had a one-on-one interview with apparently the hiring manager of Advent Software. The guy who sets up the interviews, Bill, is very friendly and helpful. Once you check in, you will be given a name tag. Part of the interview included a written assessment, very simple, they asked me to write a response to a customer complaint--it took 15minutes. Then they had me speak to one of their current Client Support Rep's, who was also very friendly, and taught me a lot about the inner operations of Advent Client Support.

The interview, however, did not go so well. I just felt I was not articulating my skills and experience well enough to suit the needs of the Client Support role. Furthermore, the female interviewer seemed to be very low-energy. I could tell she did not really seem to like me when I first met her. I had brought my own copies of my resume and my professional references, and she immediately told me she didn't need them b/c as a company, they want to "save paper". I felt that there were several times she asked me the same question over and over again, and I did not understand why she did that since I felt I had properly answered it. I think she may have been looking for more depth, but it was very frustrating for me. She asked me a brainteaser question which I answerer poorly. She also asked me an IT question, and I felt she didn't like my answer.

At the end of the interview, which was after an hour, she told me she did not get the job. She also said at Advent, they like to be honest with their candidates.

Interview Question – What did you learn from your previous work experiences?   View Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Advent Software in October 2009.

Interview Details – Even though the job title is Application Engineer, Advent's clients are financial services and they want someone with financial services background. They'd rather have someone with financial services background more so than engineering background.

Interview Question – What is your dream job?   Answer Question

Sec Reporting Manager Interview

Sec Reporting Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Advent Software in September 2008.

Interview Details – Very standard interview process. I met with 3 people, each one on one. I was having an off day and in hindsight I should have rescheduled. I had studied up quite a bit on the company but did not review my past work experience as much as I should have.

Interview Question – The hardest part for me was to remember in detail specific work experience I had.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Advent Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advent Software interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advent Software employees and interview candidates.