Advisory Board

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Phone interviews as well as several rounds on in-person interviews. Continuous hiring process but it helps if you have a recommendation from a current employee.

Interview Question – What was your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20 minutes and the questions were basic and what you expect from any initial interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through you resume
Why are you interested in the health care field?

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Received call in couple days. Job is all customer service/relationship.

Interview Question – Tell me a difficult customer you have dealt with and how you dealt with him/her.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interviews. Very standard questions and procedures.

Interview Question – What qualities would be your ideal manager posses?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through university career center and received notification of phone interview 2-3 weeks later. The position that I applied for was not the position that they decided to interview me for. The phone interview was comprised of a list of questions that others have previously mentioned. Received notification about a week later stating that they wanted to invite me in for an in-person interview for 3 different positions. First round of interviews was composed of 3 2:1 interview and 2 1:1 interviews (5 total) for the 3 positions. Was contacted the next day for an invitation to complete 2nd round of interviews which was composed of 1 2:1 interview and 1 1:1 interview. Thoroughly enjoyed all 7 of my in-person interviews. Interviewers were pleasant and asked behavioral questions that are very similar to the ones previously posted. Looking for great organizational skills (ability to upward-manage projects and tasks), great presentation/speaking skills, solid goal-setting and execution skills, and people with a genuine interest in the work/field. Be able to speak to your resume. Was contacted 2 days after my final interview with an offer. Fell in love with "young" environment and opportunities to move up within the firm fairly early in your career.

Interview Question – Please describe your experiences on your resume (resume run through)?
Give an example of how you would sell an idea/product.
How would you go about getting information/requests from someone who is non-responsive?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation - Base Salary for Account Management Associates

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Within about a week, someone sent me an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview wasn't very personal - the interviewer asked generic questions such as "explain a time when you had a goal and how you achieved it" etc. Didn't seem like they wanted to get to know who they were actually talking to.

Interview Question – Explain a time at work when you did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2010.

Interview Details – At this point, I've already had a phone interview with ABC, and it was very straight forward, they wanted to know about my resume experience, and what I liked about the job, etc... I'm waiting for the in person interview that they scheduled with me, and I'm hoping that it will go as well, if not better.

Interview Questions

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and heard back quickly for a first round phone interview. It was the general screening call with an HR representative. Mostly making sure you understood what the company is/what the position entails. Heard back for a second round interview a week later which consisted of 5 1:1 interview and 1 2:1 interview. The two on one was the first with HR representatvies while the rest were with people who would be co-workers and higher ups. Again standard questions. Nothing that hasn't been stated before. Everyone was really friendly and was generally just looking to see if you could handle the work load and would be a good fit. Was then contacted for a final round phone interview which I had a week later and am now waiting to here back.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure?

What's something NOT on your resume that you're proud of?

Account Management Associate

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview felt like I was talking to a robot. most impersonal conversation I have ever had

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for the Advisory Board   Answer Question

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email to setup an initial phone interview. Set it up for after the Christmas holidays. Interviewer called exactly on time, lasted about 25 minutes, pretty standard-issue. Walk through resume, explain what the company does, what position entails, etc.

I was told to expect to hear back within 2 weeks...So I'm hoping for something to come back soon!

Interview Questions

• why did you choose your college?   Answer Question
  • if you were talking to someone who had never heard of our company, how would you explain what we do?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Account Management Associate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.