Advisory Board Account Management Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

14 interviews

2.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Account Management Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Applied beginning of June and heard back less than a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week and then several in person interviews a week later. Told me I would hear back the following week. Ended up having 3 more phone interviews. HR was very unorganized and I had to have a couple phone interviews while I was busy at work because of it (and it definitely affected my interview).

Interview Questions
  • What was a goal that you ended up not achieving and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

initial phone interview only. 20-30 minutes with HR person. Was asked to go over resume and talk about my interests and career goals. She said the next step was for her to meet with the other HR people, discuss each candidate's interview and consider them for any open position that they qualify for.

Interview Questions
    • typical interview questions- what are your career goals, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Thirty minute phone interview followed by a two on one interview. The first interview was very basic and easy. The second interview asked a few behavioral questions. All employees were eager to talk about the company. No surprising questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was extremely difficult to answer. Make sure you have questions lined up to ask and know a lot about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Applied in July 2013 - got a call back to set up a HR phone interview for 1 week later. Asked basic resume questions about my experience. Got a call the next day requesting I meet in person for 9 different interviews for 3 separate job titles available for 9 different teams. Asked some behavioral questions. Explained the job title, asked if I had questions and looked for how my previous experience would help me be successful in this role based on my knowledge of the firm, the department, and the role.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest problem in hospital systems based on my previous experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Phone interviews as well as several rounds on in-person interviews. Continuous hiring process but it helps if you have a recommendation from a current employee.

Non-negotiable

Account Management Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online, got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20 minutes and the questions were basic and what you expect from any initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through you resume
      Why are you interested in the health care field?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Referred by a friend. Received call in couple days. Job is all customer service/relationship.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult customer you have dealt with and how you dealt with him/her.   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Phone interview followed by in-person interviews. Very standard questions and procedures.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Applied online through university career center and received notification of phone interview 2-3 weeks later. The position that I applied for was not the position that they decided to interview me for. The phone interview was comprised of a list of questions that others have previously mentioned. Received notification about a week later stating that they wanted to invite me in for an in-person interview for 3 different positions. First round of interviews was composed of 3 2:1 interview and 2 1:1 interviews (5 total) for the 3 positions. Was contacted the next day for an invitation to complete 2nd round of interviews which was composed of 1 2:1 interview and 1 1:1 interview. Thoroughly enjoyed all 7 of my in-person interviews. Interviewers were pleasant and asked behavioral questions that are very similar to the ones previously posted. Looking for great organizational skills (ability to upward-manage projects and tasks), great presentation/speaking skills, solid goal-setting and execution skills, and people with a genuine interest in the work/field. Be able to speak to your resume. Was contacted 2 days after my final interview with an offer. Fell in love with "young" environment and opportunities to move up within the firm fairly early in your career.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe your experiences on your resume (resume run through)?
      Give an example of how you would sell an idea/product.
      How would you go about getting information/requests from someone who is non-responsive?
        Answer Question
    No Negotiation - Base Salary for Account Management Associates

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

I applied online. Within about a week, someone sent me an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview wasn't very personal - the interviewer asked generic questions such as "explain a time when you had a goal and how you achieved it" etc. Didn't seem like they wanted to get to know who they were actually talking to.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time at work when you did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!