Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – initial phone interview only. 20-30 minutes with HR person. Was asked to go over resume and talk about my interests and career goals. She said the next step was for her to meet with the other HR people, discuss each candidate's interview and consider them for any open position that they qualify for.

Interview Question – typical interview questions- what are your career goals, strengths & weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Interview Details – Thirty minute phone interview followed by a two on one interview. The first interview was very basic and easy. The second interview asked a few behavioral questions. All employees were eager to talk about the company. No surprising questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was extremely difficult to answer. Make sure you have questions lined up to ask and know a lot about the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in July 2013 - got a call back to set up a HR phone interview for 1 week later. Asked basic resume questions about my experience. Got a call the next day requesting I meet in person for 9 different interviews for 3 separate job titles available for 9 different teams. Asked some behavioral questions. Explained the job title, asked if I had questions and looked for how my previous experience would help me be successful in this role based on my knowledge of the firm, the department, and the role.

Interview Question – What is the biggest problem in hospital systems based on my previous experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Phone interviews as well as several rounds on in-person interviews. Continuous hiring process but it helps if you have a recommendation from a current employee.

Interview Question – What was your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Very Easy Interview

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20 minutes and the questions were basic and what you expect from any initial interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through you resume
Why are you interested in the health care field?
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend. Received call in couple days. Job is all customer service/relationship.

Interview Question – Tell me a difficult customer you have dealt with and how you dealt with him/her.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in-person interviews. Very standard questions and procedures.

Interview Question – What qualities would be your ideal manager posses?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through university career center and received notification of phone interview 2-3 weeks later. The position that I applied for was not the position that they decided to interview me for. The phone interview was comprised of a list of questions that others have previously mentioned. Received notification about a week later stating that they wanted to invite me in for an in-person interview for 3 different positions. First round of interviews was composed of 3 2:1 interview and 2 1:1 interviews (5 total) for the 3 positions. Was contacted the next day for an invitation to complete 2nd round of interviews which was composed of 1 2:1 interview and 1 1:1 interview. Thoroughly enjoyed all 7 of my in-person interviews. Interviewers were pleasant and asked behavioral questions that are very similar to the ones previously posted. Looking for great organizational skills (ability to upward-manage projects and tasks), great presentation/speaking skills, solid goal-setting and execution skills, and people with a genuine interest in the work/field. Be able to speak to your resume. Was contacted 2 days after my final interview with an offer. Fell in love with "young" environment and opportunities to move up within the firm fairly early in your career.

Interview Question – Please describe your experiences on your resume (resume run through)?
Give an example of how you would sell an idea/product.
How would you go about getting information/requests from someone who is non-responsive?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation - Base Salary for Account Management Associates

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online. Within about a week, someone sent me an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The interview wasn't very personal - the interviewer asked generic questions such as "explain a time when you had a goal and how you achieved it" etc. Didn't seem like they wanted to get to know who they were actually talking to.

Interview Question – Explain a time at work when you did something wrong and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2010.

Interview Details – At this point, I've already had a phone interview with ABC, and it was very straight forward, they wanted to know about my resume experience, and what I liked about the job, etc... I'm waiting for the in person interview that they scheduled with me, and I'm hoping that it will go as well, if not better.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Account Management Associate interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.