Advisory Board Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 10, 2014
26 interviews

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2014.

First round consisted of a 30 minute phone interview. Questions were behavioral in nature and were fairly easy. Second round was at the corporate offices in Washington. Two interviews, both with cads studies. First was about operating a food truck business, second about a franchise opportunity. Also given a 90 minute written case study. After reading a case with a potential hospital merger, analyzed pros and cons of the acquisition.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were not health care related which was a little odd given the health care nature of the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Unfortunately, I can only speak about a phone interview as I was not invited to further interviews. I had applied through the company website and was contacted by e-mail about scheduling an interview about 2 weeks later.

The phone interview itself was straight-forward. The interviewer asked me to "walk" her through my resume and also to describe my "research process." I think this is the formula for a lot of intro Advisory Board interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Both questions -- see above -- can be fairly difficult because they are very open-ended and, given the interface -- a phone interview -- you may not get a "read" or "feel" on what the interviewer is thinking or seeking in an answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

I got a phone interview through an internal referral. Pretty straightforward, know your resume well and be prepared to answer why you're interested in healthcare. A couple days later they called to tell me they wanted to fly me in for an in person interview. That was 3 one-on-one interviews, two included a case study. There was also a one-page written case with plenty of time to think and answer. None of the interviews require specific knowledge about healthcare, just clear and logical thinking. The case studies are not like the regular consulting cases. They are about efficiency, marketing, revenue, etc. in various healthcare-related situations, but again, no prior knowledge is required. Keep in mind that if you don't make it to the third interview, you probably didn't get it. Think fast, demonstrate enthusiasm, and you should be okay. A couple of weeks later I received an offer. They were very professional and courteous throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • You have a hospital abroad with a decreasing patient volume. What strategies would you implement to remedy the issue?   Answer Question
    Very little wiggle room.

Analyst Interview

Applied online and was invited to do a phone interview the following day. The phone interview was routine. The day after the phone interview was invited to a second round interview, which included 2 case interviews and a 90 min writing task.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Participated in a phone interview that lasted an about half an hour that asked about my undergraduate experience, why I chose my institution, why I chose my major, the work experience that I had and why I had chosen to apply for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

I had a phone interview and was asked to come in for in-person interviews. I had the interviews and heard nothing from them for a few weeks, despite attempts at making contact. They eventually responded that I hadn't gotten the job but that they'd like to interview me for 2 more teams. Scheduling the interviews was a nightmare and they canceled at the last minute. After interviewing again and a lot of positive feedback, they informed me again that I didn't get the job but that they'd like to interview me for 2 more teams, very different from the Analyst role. At that point, I was quite frustrated and declined to continue with the process since it seemed like a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Standard healthcare case questions--you're a hospital executive and need to make a decision of some kind, enter a new market, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Applied online, HR emailed to set up phone interview -- basic resume/background questions (like others said -- sounded like she was reading off a paper), HR emailed to set up in-person interview -- two case studies, one writing sample, four interviewers (they paid for all expenses, including travel). HR was great and very cordial. Company does have a factory feel and the people that interviewed me addressed this as well -- they hire tons of recent grads and talked about some of the pros/cons.

Interview Questions
    • The in-person case studies were not particularly difficult but as others have said, the interviewers (higher-ups, senior consultants, etc) are not as conversational or helpful as I would expect/experienced in a case-study style interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2012.

Advisory Board contacted me a couple weeks after applying for the analyst position with a phone interview opportunity. I was traveling abroad during the interview, so the technical aspect of the interview was challenging. A conference number was provided, but was not working during the time of the call. The phone interview was cancelled twice a few minutes after the scheduled time of call. This seemed highly unprofessional.

Analyst Interview

Very quick emailing which was nice, and quickly set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic, behavioral questions, explaining my resume. asked some odd questions, like she was reading a checklist but adlibbing the question. No offer, no explanation why and no interview feedback.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? not too difficult but she kept asking why this behavior(not multi tasking efficiently) was a weakness   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2012.

I applied for the job online and got an interview the next day.
    Since I was from Sweden I had a phone interview.

First round was a Phone interview with HR
    I was not selected so I didn't have the opportunity to attend the second round

The HR was nice and had a positive attitude.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!