Advisory Board Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief phone call. It was quite difficult to hear the recruiters questions because she was whispering at her desk. I didn't like the fact that I had to keep requesting her to repeat the question, bc it threw me off from answering the question correctly. The questions were not difficult; 20 minute conversation. She was willing to provide a lot of information about the role and the steps taken after the phone screening. Response was given 2.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and received an email to schedule an initial phone interview. Phone interview happened roughly 10 days later, and then was told I would hear back in the following week to see if I was or was not chosen for an on-site interview. I received a second email exactly 2 weeks later requesting a second interview in their DC offices with a chance to meet their team. Unfortunately, I got an email less than a week prior to my in person interviews that my interviews had been cancelled and the position had already been filled. Very disappointed and surprised, as they did not even give me a chance to come in and let them know more about me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult "customer" and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

went through standard phone interview and then came in for a second round of interviews in DC and the next day got called back for a writing exercise and to meet a few more people. The questions were pretty standard interview questions, nothing that you can't prepare for but you should prepare. All friendly and warm people and they were excited about what they do and answering questions that you had about the company.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize situations if you are given more than one thing that is important at once?   Answer Question

I had another job offer that had a significant increase in salary and benefits but would have gladly accepted a position here.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewer asked me the routine questions about my past experiences and how they relate to the company. I felt that they were looking for someone more research oriented than anything else. I thought it went well and was even expecting a second interview. I didn't receive a response to my follow-up email or any communication until the automated generic rejection email was sent to me over 3 months after my interview. Incredibly unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2010.

Interview

The office is nice and is in a great location - near Georgetown, West End and Dupont Circle. Friendly and welcoming staff that all appear very young. Promise of advancement based on merit and performance rather than length of employment. Regardless of the position you apply for, you are considered for other open opportunities. Each interview (you'll likely have many in one day) is about 1/2 hour.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of your current job is the most difficult for you to manage, and causes the most frustration?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewer didn't even ask that many questions. It was all background and even though I knew how to do a lot of the things she wanted experience in, she didn't seem to care. It was generally easy but other than asking me if I knew a few computer applications, there wasn't much more of a job description.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest task you ever had to complete?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

Phone interview round and then in person with current eployees

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied online for an entry-level position and was contacted approximately 2 weeks later. Scheduled an interview for the following week. Drove over 6 hours for the interview in D.C. What a waste of time! Practically a cattle call, I was at least the 20th interview of the day and it was only mid-morning. The recruiter and associate that interviewed me seemed bored from the beginning. They were very fake and condescending. They were so rude to me that I didn't even understand why they had me come in for an interview, when they didn't like me from the start of the interview. Pros: Quick turn-around (I had a no thanks letter days later), great DC location in the middle of everything, fancy office, young staff

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a research paper or project you completed in college.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2011.

Interview

After applying online I received an email request for a phone interview with HR within a few business days. The interview was fairly straightforward--"walk me through your resume," etc.--plus a handful of behavioral questions. Within a few more days I was offered an in-person interview. I was told I would be meeting with one person, though I was asked to stay and meet with that interviewer's supervisor for a second interview. Both interviewers focused more on background, experience and fit than on the behavioral questions that HR asked. Both also had a list of behavioral questions which were identical to the questions I was asked during the phone screen. I followed up with emails to the two in-person interviewers and, a week or so later, a follow-up call and then email to my initial contact in HR; months later I haven't heard a single word from this company, either positive or negative--not even a canned "thanks for interviewing, we'll be in touch." While this leaves me with a bad feeling about the company, the overall interview experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the college you went to? If you could, what would you change about your school?   Answer Question