Advisory Board

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2013.

Interview Details – went through standard phone interview and then came in for a second round of interviews in DC and the next day got called back for a writing exercise and to meet a few more people. The questions were pretty standard interview questions, nothing that you can't prepare for but you should prepare. All friendly and warm people and they were excited about what they do and answering questions that you had about the company.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize situations if you are given more than one thing that is important at once?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another job offer that had a significant increase in salary and benefits but would have gladly accepted a position here.

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer didn't even ask that many questions. It was all background and even though I knew how to do a lot of the things she wanted experience in, she didn't seem to care. It was generally easy but other than asking me if I knew a few computer applications, there wasn't much more of a job description.

Interview Question – What was the hardest task you ever had to complete?   View Answer

Washington, DC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2010.

Interview Details – The office is nice and is in a great location - near Georgetown, West End and Dupont Circle.
Friendly and welcoming staff that all appear very young.
Promise of advancement based on merit and performance rather than length of employment.
Regardless of the position you apply for, you are considered for other open opportunities.
Each interview (you'll likely have many in one day) is about 1/2 hour.

Interview Question – What aspect of your current job is the most difficult for you to manage, and causes the most frustration?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview round and then in person with current eployees

Interview Question – Behavioral questions   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online for an entry-level position and was contacted approximately 2 weeks later. Scheduled an interview for the following week.
Drove over 6 hours for the interview in D.C. What a waste of time! Practically a cattle call, I was at least the 20th interview of the day and it was only mid-morning. The recruiter and associate that interviewed me seemed bored from the beginning. They were very fake and condescending. They were so rude to me that I didn't even understand why they had me come in for an interview, when they didn't like me from the start of the interview.
Pros: Quick turn-around (I had a no thanks letter days later), great DC location in the middle of everything, fancy office, young staff

Interview Question – Tell me about a research paper or project you completed in college.   View Answer

Associate

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online I received an email request for a phone interview with HR within a few business days. The interview was fairly straightforward--"walk me through your resume," etc.--plus a handful of behavioral questions. Within a few more days I was offered an in-person interview. I was told I would be meeting with one person, though I was asked to stay and meet with that interviewer's supervisor for a second interview. Both interviewers focused more on background, experience and fit than on the behavioral questions that HR asked. Both also had a list of behavioral questions which were identical to the questions I was asked during the phone screen. I followed up with emails to the two in-person interviewers and, a week or so later, a follow-up call and then email to my initial contact in HR; months later I haven't heard a single word from this company, either positive or negative--not even a canned "thanks for interviewing, we'll be in touch." While this leaves me with a bad feeling about the company, the overall interview experience was pleasant.

Interview Question – Why did you chose the college you went to? If you could, what would you change about your school?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Associate interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.