Advisory Board

Updated Jun 10, 2014
Updated Jun 10, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2013.

went through standard phone interview and then came in for a second round of interviews in DC and the next day got called back for a writing exercise and to meet a few more people. The questions were pretty standard interview questions, nothing that you can't prepare for but you should prepare. All friendly and warm people and they were excited about what they do and answering questions that you had about the company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you prioritize situations if you are given more than one thing that is important at once?   Answer Question

I had another job offer that had a significant increase in salary and benefits but would have gladly accepted a position here.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in January 2013.

Interviewer asked me the routine questions about my past experiences and how they relate to the company. I felt that they were looking for someone more research oriented than anything else. I thought it went well and was even expecting a second interview. I didn't receive a response to my follow-up email or any communication until the automated generic rejection email was sent to me over 3 months after my interview. Incredibly unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2010.

The office is nice and is in a great location - near Georgetown, West End and Dupont Circle.
    Friendly and welcoming staff that all appear very young.
    Promise of advancement based on merit and performance rather than length of employment.
    Regardless of the position you apply for, you are considered for other open opportunities.
    Each interview (you'll likely have many in one day) is about 1/2 hour.

Interview Questions
    • What aspect of your current job is the most difficult for you to manage, and causes the most frustration?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Advisory Board in October 2010.

The interviewer didn't even ask that many questions. It was all background and even though I knew how to do a lot of the things she wanted experience in, she didn't seem to care. It was generally easy but other than asking me if I knew a few computer applications, there wasn't much more of a job description.

Interview Questions
    • What was the hardest task you ever had to complete?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in June 2010.

Phone interview round and then in person with current eployees

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2010.

Applied online for an entry-level position and was contacted approximately 2 weeks later. Scheduled an interview for the following week.
    Drove over 6 hours for the interview in D.C. What a waste of time! Practically a cattle call, I was at least the 20th interview of the day and it was only mid-morning. The recruiter and associate that interviewed me seemed bored from the beginning. They were very fake and condescending. They were so rude to me that I didn't even understand why they had me come in for an interview, when they didn't like me from the start of the interview.
    Pros: Quick turn-around (I had a no thanks letter days later), great DC location in the middle of everything, fancy office, young staff

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a research paper or project you completed in college.   View Answer