Advisory Board

Advisory Board Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

After phone interview with a recruiter, was invited to interview in DC office. The interview process was very unorganized, seemed like random people were thrown in to the interview as interviewees. Quite terrible with providing prompt response to emails or calls. For any company that do not respect potential candidate or employees time its a clear sign of lack of responsibility. I personally expect the company to respond according to their initially stated timeline, or at least notify the delay or miscommunication or anything that can provide explanation of the delay. Not acknowledging their lack of responsibility or mistake in communication strongly suggests to me the unimpressive level of maturity this company has. Some interviewers spent majority of the time what a great company they are and how much I can grow from here when they should be asking me questions to really test my ability and fit.

The company is employed by very young workforce in the early to mid 20s with extremely high turnovers. Not much learning opportunity from the actually experienced employees. All in all I should have listened to the advice from some of these posts here. Experiences, however, can vary from individual to individual. I gave them a benefit of the doubt but they certainly let me down.

lack of firm's maturity

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Consultant Interview

I applied for the Consultant position but didn't make it past the first interview which was over the phone. It was pretty basic and followed the pattern outlined by previous reviewers where I was aksed why I wanted the job and for me to run through my resume for the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • No obviously difficult question but that's perhaps because I never made it past the first interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Had an inside referral. Questions were relatively difficult and situational, but nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan to contribute to improvement in this organization?   Answer Question
    I was a new grad, so there was not much to negotiate! 30k is what I had to settle with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Had an internal referral, I was told they review the application and get back to you in two weeks if there's a fit. Had a phone interview with a recruiter who asked me some pretty standard behavioral questions: strengths/weaknesses, asked me to talk about what projects I worked on in my previous job, etc.

2+ weeks later, after emailing them to ask the status, they told me that they didn't have any openings to match my skills.

I found the interivew process a little strange. It seemed that they were completely uninterested in the fact that I was experienced, and seemed more like the interview was tailored towards their typical hire: someone right out of college. Which is fine, perhaps that's their target applicant. From all the reviews of this place, it's likely for the best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2013.

Three interviews. Fair and thorough. Do your homework!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

I first applied for a general Healthcare Consultant position, interviewed on the phone and about two weeks later got a rejection email. No problem with that! A couple of weeks after that was reached out by a recruiter and offered to interview on-site for a different position. The job description was great and I realized that I would be a good fit for the position. On the day of the interview I discovered that I was being interviewed for a position different from what the job description stated. I didn't get the offer. I don't begrudge them for that, but they could write the job description for the position the hiring manager wants to fill.

Interview Questions
    • If I give you 100 pennies how would you allocate them between the following skills?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2011.

initial phone interview w/ HR recruiter. in-person interview with two senior group members and one interview with the director of the group. case study exam (90 minutes, 1 question) to test business strategy skills

Interview Questions
    • Describe how your educational background directly addresses the way we serve our clients?   Answer Question
    • (after the interviewer described a current consulting "product") Can you think of some ways we could apply this template to other areas of business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in December 2010.

Two phone interviews, and then asked to fly out for a real interview. Phone interviews were about 30 minutes. Offered to proceed with an in-person interview but declined flying out, as it wasn't possible for me to relocate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2010.

The phone interview was a standard behavioral interview held by a corporate recruiter. The main focus of the interview was why I wanted to join Advisory Board and what the position could offer me that my current job could not. There were also some questions about my experiences with my current company, but again, everything led back to what I thought I could gain by working at ABC.

Interview Questions
    • When you compared your current job responsibilities to the ones listed for the consultant position at ABC, what differences did you see?   View Answers (2)

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2012.

Submitted my résumé online and heard back in about a week. Had a 30 minute phone interview with an HR person. Standard interview- describe your experience, work habits, etc. Heard back within 2 weeks, which is the timeline I was told, and notified via email. My only complaint is that the email rejection requested feedback about their interview process. I responded with some comments, which were positive because it was in fact a positive experience, but I also requested feedback on my interview. Never got a response.