Advisory Board Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Phone interview was approx 30 minutes, then contacted me for a in person interview, scheduled it the interview in the office was approx 30 mins then met with higher ups which was 15 mins.

Interview Questions

• asked me why I picked my university, my accomplishments etc.   Answer Question

way too low of a salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a woman from HR. The interview itself was easy enough and the woman was polite. She asked me why I chose to go to the university I did instead of somewhere else. I went to an accredited state university, and so did she, but her school is considered better than mine though. Don't bother applying here unless you have a rich family that could afford to send you to an upscale university. Oh, and to top things off, the rejection email they sent me had a noticeable spelling error in it.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Took two weeks following submitting my resume online to be contacted for an interview (June). After this, there were two more interviews. The first was with an (I assume) entry level professional in that same position you were interviewing for in another department. The next was with a higher up. A third interview then takes place but the process took so long (at this point it was August) that I had already been offered another position at another company.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were pretty standard- mostly just asked to be walked through your resume. All in all the interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

Interview through an internal submission. They seemed really receptive, although I've read they care a lot about GPA which I think is zero representation of who I am. No call back

Interview Questions

• GPA- because apparently getting over 3.0s for the last 6 semesters of college is not good enough   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn, received an email request for a phone interview, which happened within a week.

I was extremely unimpressed with the phone interview - I felt like I was on the phone with Comcast customer service. I asked a few questions and got scripted responses that didn't even answer what I'd asked. It was very obvious that she was reading from a piece of paper in front of her.

At the end of the phone interview, I was told that they weren't sure if they needed to fill the position and would let me know. Got a "thanks but no thanks" email a week later. I'm pretty sure my distaste was obvious by the end of the interview when I gave up on trying to have an actual conversation about the company, so that probably had something to do with it.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week to schedule a phone interview, which was several days later. The day after my phone interview I was invited back for in-person interviews for the next week. All of the interviewers were very friendly. I received an offer less than a week after my in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations, but good benefits

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Submitted application online and had a standard HR phone interview 2 weeks later reviewing resume/company in general. Two weeks after the phone interviewed, received an offer to interview in person. Paid own travel out to DC to meet with marketing coordinators and team. Questions were mostly behavioral/right fit for company. Received job offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• They start every question with "I'd love to know.." so be have examples of different experiences/reasons why. What motivates you?   Answer Question

Very low pay

Coordinator Interview

Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week. I received a phone call from a recruiter on Monday then spoke with a hiring manger on Tuesday. I received an email from a coordinator later that day and scheduled an onsite interview. The interview process itself was chaotic. I had numerous interviews scheduled and numerous interviewers didn't show up and no one knew why. The person who coordinated the interviews took the day off so things were extra crazy. It seemed there was a lot of miscommunication. However the interviewers I did meet with were extremely nice and apologetic. Another coordinator rescheduled my missed interviews as phone conferences.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview for one job that I applied for, and the HR manager asked if I would also be interested in this other position. I said yes and asked for the job description to be sent. Never received it, so I had zero idea of what my interview was going to be about. Started out with phone interviews with an HR manager. Next step was a phone call with two of the team members for the department I was looking at. Third call was with the senior manager in the department. All went well, or so I thought. I didn't hear anything from HR for weeks and weeks. When I finally did get an email, it was from someone else in HR trying to set up a first-round interview for a job I didn't apply for. I was so confused. I don't know what happened. Never heard from anyone in the first department I talked to. HR really didn't have it together.

Interview Questions

• Pretty basic questions. Asked about how you work in teams, under pressure, what is your experience with health care and higher education.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied for the position and received a phone call the next day to set up an interview. I had two phone interviews, followed by an in person interview. While applying for one position, they said I would be a strong candidate for two other positions and would be considered for all three. After the interview, I did not hear back for over two months.