Advisory Board Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.7

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

I applied online and heard back within a week to schedule a phone interview, which was several days later. The day after my phone interview I was invited back for in-person interviews for the next week. All of the interviewers were very friendly. I received an offer less than a week after my in-person interviews.

Interview Questions
No negotiations, but good benefits

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Submitted application online and had a standard HR phone interview 2 weeks later reviewing resume/company in general. Two weeks after the phone interviewed, received an offer to interview in person. Paid own travel out to DC to meet with marketing coordinators and team. Questions were mostly behavioral/right fit for company. Received job offer a week later.

Interview Questions
    • They start every question with "I'd love to know.." so be have examples of different experiences/reasons why. What motivates you?   Answer Question

Very low pay

Coordinator Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week. I received a phone call from a recruiter on Monday then spoke with a hiring manger on Tuesday. I received an email from a coordinator later that day and scheduled an onsite interview. The interview process itself was chaotic. I had numerous interviews scheduled and numerous interviewers didn't show up and no one knew why. The person who coordinated the interviews took the day off so things were extra crazy. It seemed there was a lot of miscommunication. However the interviewers I did meet with were extremely nice and apologetic. Another coordinator rescheduled my missed interviews as phone conferences.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

I was contacted for an interview for one job that I applied for, and the HR manager asked if I would also be interested in this other position. I said yes and asked for the job description to be sent. Never received it, so I had zero idea of what my interview was going to be about. Started out with phone interviews with an HR manager. Next step was a phone call with two of the team members for the department I was looking at. Third call was with the senior manager in the department. All went well, or so I thought. I didn't hear anything from HR for weeks and weeks. When I finally did get an email, it was from someone else in HR trying to set up a first-round interview for a job I didn't apply for. I was so confused. I don't know what happened. Never heard from anyone in the first department I talked to. HR really didn't have it together.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic questions. Asked about how you work in teams, under pressure, what is your experience with health care and higher education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied for the position and received a phone call the next day to set up an interview. I had two phone interviews, followed by an in person interview. While applying for one position, they said I would be a strong candidate for two other positions and would be considered for all three. After the interview, I did not hear back for over two months.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

This is the most terrible interviewing process I have ever been through. Not because of the difficulty, but because the HR department was extremely unprofessional and insensitive. First I had a basic first round phone call interview for three positions I did not apply for. This was highly frustrating because the positions were in higher education when I specifically applied for roles in healthcare. So, when the recruiter kept asking me why I wanted to work in higher education I was angry and almost couldn't answer. I was then asked to come out to the DC office. However, this company does not pay for low level prospects to fly out. Although put off by this, I would have been okay with paying my own way if they had given me a decent amount of time to find a flight. HR had scheduled my interview for 3 days after I was told I was invited to the office which gave me no chance of finding an flight, let alone one I could afford. After speaking with HR they said it was an error and then scheduled my interview for two weeks later.

When I arrived in DC the day before my interview, I received an email that they had a changed my interview and I was now only interviewing for two positions which had changed the schedule and time I was to be at the office. By this point I was thoroughly annoyed with the HR department.

The two interviews were very basic. They asked about my resume and experience and asked behavioral questions. Both the interviewers were late which added to the unprofessionalism of the company. They try to draw you in with the fact that everyone is young and the company outings are fun. Do not listen. The bad in this company outweighs the good.

As soon as I left the office, I received an email from HR that they had actually messed up my schedule for interviewing, once again, and I was supposed to have a third interview later that day. However, this would be rescheduled as a phone interview a week later due to their mistake. At that point, with all the mistakes made I decided no matter what, I was not going to work for this company. They are completely unprofessional in the hiring process and the interviewers in DC were not that much better. They have a high turnover rate because people want to get out quick. They lie in the job descriptions, at least for the coordinator role, because they do not want you to know you will basically be a secretary. Last, their pay is HORRIBLE. If you are just starting out, you will not be able to survive on their salary in DC without outside help.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you failed at a project and how did you fix the situation?   Answer Question

The company was the most unprofessional organization I have interviewed for, their pay is embarrassingly low compared to other companies in the same field, and moving out of state to basically be a secretary was not worth it. I ended up taking a position at another company that paid more and was not a disappointment to the industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

First had a phone interview which took about 25 minutes. Was asked why the advisory board company? What is healthcare? Explain what you think the advisory board culture is like., Explain a process you have improved at work or school? How do you manage stress? What is your strength? What is your weakness?...Pretty simple stuff.

Then had two in-person interviews. The first one was with an executive assistant and a senior coordinator. Were both very friendly and made me feel welcomed. Asked me a lot of the same questions in my phone interview, along with questions about my organizational skills, how I would speak to upper management, what I would do if I was having trouble with another employee.

My last interview was with an executive who was also very charming and made me feel welcomed. Asked me basically the same questions the other two did and opened up the floor for me to ask questions where I asked her about how I can grow within the company and her experience with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What process have I improved in a past work or school experience?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2012.

I interviewed for the marketing coordinator position after receiving an email online. The questions were basic but the interviewer was difficult to read, offered little insight into the corporate culture, and very rarely said anything other than "Ok."
    Generally I am a pretty good interviewer, have received the majority of internships I have interviewed for and for whatever reason I bombed this interview and did not click at all with the interviewer. Take extra time to prep if you struggle with phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Using tangible descriptions and numeric references please describe a situation where you reached a challenging goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

I applied for a position at Advisory Board online and received an e-mail the next day to set up a phone screening. The phone screening was pretty standard with questions to just get to know me better as a candidate. The next day, I received an e-mail to setup an interview to come into the office for an in-person interview with a few members of the team. This is where things started to become a bit unorganized. The first e-mail I received offered me two different jobs to interview for: both coordinator positions, but in different departments. A week or so later, I received an e-mail saying one of the positions had been filled. They then offered me another position to interview for in the research department, which I accepted. The e-mails were very pleasant and the recruiter always was quick to respond to any questions I had. They gave me the names and titles of the people I would be speaking with and my interview schedule, but when I showed up at their office the next week my whole schedule was changed. I had a much fuller interview schedule that day than anticipated and was notified that I would be speaking with different people than what was printed in my e-mail so I had no idea what positions anyone held going in. It was all very confusing.

The interviews themselves were pretty pleasant and easy. Everyone was really nice, young, and easy to talk. In one of my discussions, we went 10 minutes over our scheduled time and the interviewer told me that it had gone really well, she liked the conversation we were having, thought I would be a good fit, and that she would definitely get back to me within the next couple weeks. After a comment like this, I thought I had a job offer in the bag. That's not how it worked out. I sent the standard thank you e-mails to each of my interviewers the next day (they had given me their business cards) and then I waited two weeks with no response. Three weeks later, I finally sent them an e-mail asking them where I was in the process. I received an e-mail from the recruiter saying I would not be offered a position at this time. That was a big slap in the face. What person makes such raving comments like that to a candidate and then offers no reason as to why there was no offer? I'm upset that I wasted my time and money to come down to DC - yes, you have to pay travel fees out of your own pocket. I thought I was a great candidate and I was really interested in the position, but honestly I am now clueless as to what kind of qualities they're looking for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2010.

Phone interview and then in person with five people in three interviews. Took a long time to get the initial call about doing an interview, but after that the process moved really quickly. Received an offer and they wanted me to start the next week. I needed a job and was sold on the growth potential at the firm so I took it!

Interview Questions
    • Will not let you give a "cop out" answer when asked what one of your weaknesses is.   View Answer

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!