Advisory Board Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.2

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Phone interview was around 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral interview questions. I was contacted by email for an onsite interview about a week later. The onsite interview was overall a good experience, I spoke with 3 managers, and they were all very courteous. I had to do a case interview for one of the interviews. They gave me an excel data set to analyze and create a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions
  • Some of the behavioral interview questions during the phone interview were tough. You have to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

1 phone interview with HR (who did not remember he had previously talked to me when he called me back after my in-person interview), followed by a day of in-person interviews at the DC office. The in-person interviews included 1 with a Manager and 2 with Directors, followed by a 20 minute presentation and Q&A for 2 Directors and 1 VP.

Interview Questions
    • 1. How do you handle uncertainty? Ambiguity?
      2. How do you get doctors, who are extremely busy, to use a health care performance improvement application/product?
      3. What is your biggest weakness? What do you think you need to work on?
      4. How would you help a hospital executive tackle population health in his system? (i.e. what metrics would you look at first? what populations?)
        Answer Question
    Tried to negotiate, they did not budge on base salary. But, I was able to combine my relocation and signing bonus into one signing bonus - my move wouldn't be that expensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Only reached the first interview. Very straightforward phone interview, went over my resume and then told me about the position then asked if I had any questions. It seemed as if she spent more talking than I did to be honest but it was over in exactly 30 minutes as stated. Did not get to the second round and I have no idea why.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, very straightforward and went over my past experiences.   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

They let me know that I was selected for the 1st (phone) interview after my application within a week. The phone interview was 30 min and standard questions of getting to know me. I was selected for the in person interview within a few days. The onsite interview was 4 hours with 4 individuals. Exhausting, but a good experience overall. Do your homework!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Replied almost immediately to my application. Initially applied for the Washington, DC office, but was flown to Austin, TX instead for their Crimson team. They seem cheap on travel expenses.

One of the things that I find most annoying is that I asked the HR person for feedback in response to their rejection email, along with one of my interviewers. They will not give candidates feedback on ways to improve their interview skills, and I'm giving them a thumbs down for this reason. Otherwise, it seems like a decent company. They really try hard to create a startup "tech" feel to the environment.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

To be honest it was quite confusing. I originally applied to the Dedicated Advisor position when I received a call (voicemail) saying they'd like to interview me for the Business Analyst position. When I called the recruiter back to set up a time for the interview he told me it was for the Business Analyst position and that they would also consider me for the Dedicated Advisor. The phone interview was fairly quick. He informed me about ABC and wanted to know about my current work. There weren't any inquisitive questions though. I was then asked to email a writing sample. About 2 months later I received a call saying I had been invited for an in-person interview for the next week..which was only a few days before X-Mas. Then later that day I received an email saying that instead , I was to have another phone interview so it was set up for the end of the week. The quy interviewing was very hardcore and it turned out he was interviewing me for a position I had not even applied to! I received an email a month later saying I had not gotten the position.

Overall it was very unorganized and disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • Wanted to know a time where I managed multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2013.

Pretty standard questions for behavioral question. What are your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you could help the team. If you've made it this far, you're doing pretty well. They want to see your thought process and if you'll be a good fit for the team. Be prepared to answer a case question. If you haven't done one before google some. The question is to determine your thought process and reason for supporting.

Interview Questions
    They were not willing to negotiate salary I think this has to do with the ranges on the salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Initial and second round interview rounds were scheduled quickly. Response for moving from initial round to second round was quick as well, but the response from after the second round was incredibly delayed - 3 1/2 weeks with no response to my follow up email after a week and a half.

Interview Questions
    • Business case about the amount of revenue received for tuxedos   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2011.

Got an email about a week after applying online inviting me to interview for a research analyst position (which I originally applied for). Initial interview was on the phone with an HR representative; simple, standard experience and behavioral questions. At the end of interview, the interviewer suggested I also apply for the dedicated advisor/analyst position. I agreed to apply in addition to applying to the position I originally wanted, but HR took the initiative to disregard my application for the research analyst position from then on. I was then invited to an in-person interview about a week later. I had 4, one-on-one interviews and a writing test, which was a case question. Two of the interviews included a simple case question and the other two were simple behavioral/experience focused. About 2 weeks after that, I was invited to interview with one last team member, either in-person on the phone. Two weeks after that interview, I followed up with HR and got a rejection email on the same day.

The interviews themselves were easy-average in difficulty. Interviewers were all very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I agree with previous posters that ABC seems like employees are constantly rotating in and out of the company. On both days I went into the office, I met several people who were interviewing for various positions and the sign-in sheet was very full. I wasn't impressed with HR. They have different people contact you with each stage, which adds to the feeling of being on a rotation line within the ABC interview process, and they asked me for my resume each time after scheduling interviews, showing lack of coordination and organization.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2011.

Was contacted a day after I applied. Interviewed with an HR recruiter over phone. The interview itself was quite HR focused asking general questions. The recruiter however went deep into project management even till what software tools to use. A lot of questions were quite a bit pointed and none of them were directed towards my experience in the healthcare sector or my understanding of the Healthcare bill. The interview lasted around 45 minutes but I had a feeling that the HR did not really ask me anything relevant which is consistent with other reviews here. I won't say it was a bad experience but overall I felt a bit disappointed for not getting through to the second round even after the recruiter explicitly mentioned that I'd be getting an email regarding next steps. The next I heard from them was after 6 weeks since the first round interview. I sent a couple of emails after a week and two weeks but never heard back. As I said, it was a disappointing experience overall because I thought highly of ABC prior to this.