Advisory Board Dedicated Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

One week before the interview dates, HR sent me a .xcl data set (case study) to intemperate and create a 15min ppt presentation. The interview consisted of 3 60min interviews with directors of the program. Interviews consisted of basic behavioral questions and high level knowledge of healthcare industry. I presented the case study presentation to 1 of the 3 directors, who gave me immediate feedback on the presentation. After the last interview, they said that they'll make a decision 1 week later. They contacted me 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize multiple projects?
    Give me an example of a time you had to say "no".

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone interview was around 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral interview questions. I was contacted by email for an onsite interview about a week later. The onsite interview was overall a good experience, I spoke with 3 managers, and they were all very courteous. I had to do a case interview for one of the interviews. They gave me an excel data set to analyze and create a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral interview questions during the phone interview were tough. You have to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2014.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR (who did not remember he had previously talked to me when he called me back after my in-person interview), followed by a day of in-person interviews at the DC office. The in-person interviews included 1 with a Manager and 2 with Directors, followed by a 20 minute presentation and Q&A for 2 Directors and 1 VP.

Interview Questions

• 1. How do you handle uncertainty? Ambiguity?
      2. How do you get doctors, who are extremely busy, to use a health care performance improvement application/product?
      3. What is your biggest weakness? What do you think you need to work on?
      4. How would you help a hospital executive tackle population health in his system? (i.e. what metrics would you look at first? what populations?)

Answer Question

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, they did not budge on base salary. But, I was able to combine my relocation and signing bonus into one signing bonus - my move wouldn't be that expensive.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview

Personality Questions. The process includes two phone interviews then an in person interview with 2-4 members of the staff. The onsite interview process is a disaster. You may or may not actually interview with the individuals you are told. The interview process typically includes HR frantically running around the office trying to find someone who has the time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, they stood strong

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Chicago, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

Only reached the first interview. Very straightforward phone interview, went over my resume and then told me about the position then asked if I had any questions. It seemed as if she spent more talking than I did to be honest but it was over in exactly 30 minutes as stated. Did not get to the second round and I have no idea why.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, very straightforward and went over my past experiences.   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

They let me know that I was selected for the 1st (phone) interview after my application within a week. The phone interview was 30 min and standard questions of getting to know me. I was selected for the in person interview within a few days. The onsite interview was 4 hours with 4 individuals. Exhausting, but a good experience overall. Do your homework!

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX).

Interview

Replied almost immediately to my application. Initially applied for the Washington, DC office, but was flown to Austin, TX instead for their Crimson team. They seem cheap on travel expenses.

One of the things that I find most annoying is that I asked the HR person for feedback in response to their rejection email, along with one of my interviewers. They will not give candidates feedback on ways to improve their interview skills, and I'm giving them a thumbs down for this reason. Otherwise, it seems like a decent company. They really try hard to create a startup "tech" feel to the environment.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

To be honest it was quite confusing. I originally applied to the Dedicated Advisor position when I received a call (voicemail) saying they'd like to interview me for the Business Analyst position. When I called the recruiter back to set up a time for the interview he told me it was for the Business Analyst position and that they would also consider me for the Dedicated Advisor. The phone interview was fairly quick. He informed me about ABC and wanted to know about my current work. There weren't any inquisitive questions though. I was then asked to email a writing sample. About 2 months later I received a call saying I had been invited for an in-person interview for the next week..which was only a few days before X-Mas. Then later that day I received an email saying that instead , I was to have another phone interview so it was set up for the end of the week. The quy interviewing was very hardcore and it turned out he was interviewing me for a position I had not even applied to! I received an email a month later saying I had not gotten the position.

Overall it was very unorganized and disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know a time where I managed multiple projects simultaneously.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

Pretty standard questions for behavioral question. What are your strengths and weaknesses. How do you think you could help the team. If you've made it this far, you're doing pretty well. They want to see your thought process and if you'll be a good fit for the team. Be prepared to answer a case question. If you haven't done one before google some. The question is to determine your thought process and reason for supporting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate salary I think this has to do with the ranges on the salary.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

Initial and second round interview rounds were scheduled quickly. Response for moving from initial round to second round was quick as well, but the response from after the second round was incredibly delayed - 3 1/2 weeks with no response to my follow up email after a week and a half.

Interview Questions

• Business case about the amount of revenue received for tuxedos   Answer Question