Advisory Board

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in January 2014.

I was contacted only through e-mail by an HR representative that didn't leave any contact information. She sent me information on a screening interview twice, the second time to change who I would be interviewing with. The e-mails themselves were very disorganized. The screening interview went well and I was told to expect to be contacted within the next week for a technical interview. This is where the processed stopped for me, as I was never contacted for the technical interview.

I tried contacting both the HR representative and the director that interviewed me with absolutely no luck. Exactly 1 month later I received an e-mail from a different HR person that was the basic "we decided to go with other candidates" story. The whole process was pretty irritating since HR would say one thing and do something entirely different, as well as the lack of providing contact information. Their HR department seems extremely disorganized.

Interview Questions
  • There were no particularly hard or difficult questions, they were all very basic   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Front End Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in August 2013.

Initial phone interview wasn't really even an interview, just an informational session about the company and position. At the end, I was told that I would be contacted to setup a second phone interview, which would be more of a technical evaluation.

That didn't happen. The next thing I heard from them was that I'd been rejected. Seriously?! Again, the initial phone call was purely informational, there were no questions relating to my skills or work characteristics. Maybe he didn't like the sound of my voice? I don't know, but I'd call it a poor showing on their part!