Advisory Board Health Care Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2014.

Applied through the company's online portal and also had an employee referral. After I submitted my application, I was contacted to set up a first round phone interview. The phone interview was pretty standard. The recruiter requested that I navigate through my resume and explain my experiences. I was then asked a few more questions, ex. Why do you want to work for the Advisory Board Company? How would you deal with a client that was not open to suggestions?

At the end of the interview, the recruiter answered questions I had about the role and the company and gave me an email address to follow up with additional questions I may have. I was told that the company would be in touch within 2 weeks to inform me if I had moved on to the next round or not. After the interview, I followed up with a thank you note to the recruiter, highlighted key points we spoke upon in the interview, and reiterated my interest in the company and position. After the 2 weeks had passed, and I sent an additional follow up email, I never heard anything regarding my standing for the position. It would have been courteous to receive an official update from the company stating that I was no longer in the running for the position, rather than being left no response.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Health Care Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

I interviewed twice with this company; and both times were horrible.

The first time the interviewer/recruiter did not call at the scheduled time. About an hour later I called to see what happen and ask to be rescheduled. New appt set up and the guy finally called. He was very dry and almost rude. He seemed annoyed when I asked questions.

About six months later I reapplied for the same position. And got scheduled with the same guy! And guess what? He didn't call on schedule. So again, an hour or so later I emailed the scheduler to tell her what happened and if I could reschedule. Some part of me wanted to just say forget it but decided against it.

When I finally heard back from the scheduler I asked if I could interview with a different person. I didn't address any reasons, just asked if it were possible. Ended up interviewing with a woman. She was actually pleasant. But I didn't move on in the process.

Overall, I say my experience was frustrating just doing a phone interview. They (recruiters) seem very unprofessional and already have their decision made before the interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you worked with large amounts of data   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Pretty straightforward 30 minute initial phone interview with recruiter. Go through your resume and why this company. Told me I should hear back within a week whether accepted for second round or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

One phone interview. One in-person interview. Questions were generally difficult, but not unexpected. Know the product. Clear understanding of what the tool offers and what the opportunities are for the company/product are key. The standard difficult questions (google search + sufficient prep) are a part of each phase. Strength in analysis and presentation is vital for success.

Interview Questions
    • What are the deficits your current employer would say you have?   View Answer
    • Case study questions (i.e. those not 100% applicable to the position, but indicative of work habits/patterns).   View Answer
    Flat. There was no negotiating the offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

About a week after I applied, I received an email asking if I would like to pursue a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview, but never received the call. The next day, I received another email apologizing that no one was available to do the phone interview due to family emergencies. I set up another phone interview for a week later. Again, I did not receive a call. About an hour after the scheduled time, the rep finally called and apologized because there was a family emergency. Interview was simple background questions. The rep told me he wanted me to come interview on-site. I was pretty skeptical as I knew Advisory Board had quite the rep for taking young people in droves and turning around their labor force pretty quickly, but it was a free trip to DC. The onsite was 4-5 1:1 interviews with some being very basic and others being case questions like lemonade stand or market share analysis. The next day I received an email saying I had made it to the final round for 3 openings and that I just needed to do phone interviews with the Directors at those locations. These were scheduled fro 1 hour each. Each interviewer called a minimum of 30 minutes late, asked me two questions then said they were done and that it had gone really well, I received an email from the HR rep stating things have gone really well and that they will regroup and make decisions but it is highly likely I could receive multiple offers. Fast forward one week, I get a rejection email. Overall, I cannot say I am surprised knowing their reputation. The day I was on site, there were 8-9 other people interviewing at the same time. It was like an interview factory. It is always a good experience to interview, and you might get a free trip.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!