Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward 30 minute initial phone interview with recruiter. Go through your resume and why this company. Told me I should hear back within a week whether accepted for second round or not.

Interview Question – None, questions were straightforward, no surprises.   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview. One in-person interview. Questions were generally difficult, but not unexpected. Know the product. Clear understanding of what the tool offers and what the opportunities are for the company/product are key. The standard difficult questions (google search + sufficient prep) are a part of each phase. Strength in analysis and presentation is vital for success.

Interview Questions

• What are the deficits your current employer would say you have?   View Answer
  • Case study questions (i.e. those not 100% applicable to the position, but indicative of work habits/patterns).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flat. There was no negotiating the offer.

Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview Details – About a week after I applied, I received an email asking if I would like to pursue a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview, but never received the call. The next day, I received another email apologizing that no one was available to do the phone interview due to family emergencies. I set up another phone interview for a week later. Again, I did not receive a call. About an hour after the scheduled time, the rep finally called and apologized because there was a family emergency. Interview was simple background questions. The rep told me he wanted me to come interview on-site. I was pretty skeptical as I knew Advisory Board had quite the rep for taking young people in droves and turning around their labor force pretty quickly, but it was a free trip to DC. The onsite was 4-5 1:1 interviews with some being very basic and others being case questions like lemonade stand or market share analysis. The next day I received an email saying I had made it to the final round for 3 openings and that I just needed to do phone interviews with the Directors at those locations. These were scheduled fro 1 hour each. Each interviewer called a minimum of 30 minutes late, asked me two questions then said they were done and that it had gone really well, I received an email from the HR rep stating things have gone really well and that they will regroup and make decisions but it is highly likely I could receive multiple offers. Fast forward one week, I get a rejection email. Overall, I cannot say I am surprised knowing their reputation. The day I was on site, there were 8-9 other people interviewing at the same time. It was like an interview factory. It is always a good experience to interview, and you might get a free trip.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Health Care Consultant interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.