Advisory Board

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant, Healthcare Interview

Consultant, Healthcare

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I applied using the online system. It was quick and easy to use. After a few weeks, I was contacted by a coordinator to do a phone interview via email with a recruiter. Process went smoothly and interview lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a healthcare consultant?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview for this position. It was very short- only about 15 minutes. The recruiter asked me to outline my resume for them and discuss my experience.

Interview Question – Asked few questions- more of the recruiter asking me to tell them about myself.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2013.

Interview Details – I found their post on LinkedIn and Applied online. Got an email to schedule an interview a few days later. He just asked questions like why Advisory board, and what experiences I had. He also spent some time talking about himself. After about 3 questions, he asked if I had questions to ask him. I felt that it wasnt enough information that he was trying to get from me, since it was just 19 minutes into the conversation, so I asked more than 3 questions to him. He became a bit impatient and didnt say much about the company. .

Healthcare Consultant

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with manager of recruitment which mostly focused on my job history, and why I left each position. He was supposed to forward my resume on to another person, but I never heard from her. About a month later, I was contacted to speak with another recruiter who was late for the phone interview, and called apologizing and rescheduled. That seemed to go well, again focused on what I had done, with some reference to the job opportunity. Very nice man who said he would get back to me within 1-2 weeks. It sounded like there were some major departmental and strategic changes going on, including a new name for this position. I learned a week later that I was not selected to move forward in the process and I sent a thank you email to the recruiter, also asking for an opportunity to chat briefly and get feedback on my interview and gaps in skills, etc.. He never responded.

Interview Question – None really difficult   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was smooth and the interview was basic

Interview Questions

Healthcare Consultant

I applied online - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2012.

Interview Details – First round interview was over the phone and purely involve experiential questions. There was a bit of a focus on how to obtain buy and deal with push back from physicians. At the end of the conversation it was suggested that I should go to the HQ in order to interview in person.

About a week later I head back that I was invited to second round interviews in DC. ABC payed for expenses (flight, 1 night stay, food). I had been told I would be interviewing with 3 different people, 2 would be experiential and 1 would be for a case. In the end there were no case questions. Everything was relatively straight forward and similar to the first round but required more examples of previous experiences that were relevant etc.

Interview Questions

Healthcare Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer was over 10 minutes late. When she got on the call she spent the next 10 minutes talking about her childcare situation, her babysitter, and then her background. She then asked me two questions. After the second question, she was done. I said, "that's it?" and she assured me that she had taken notes and the hiring manager would see them. I was interviewed for less than 10 minutes.

A week later I was sent an email indicating that I would not be hired for this position.

Interview Question – Tell me how your background matches up to this position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Healthcare Consultant interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.