Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

After an employee referral, a phone interview was conducted within a week. Although questions were not difficult, the interview was very fast paces and rushed which resulted in an awkward dynamic between interviewer and myself. Structured as a classic interview, the interviewer described the job and company and then asked me behavioral questions followed by time for me to ask questions. I was emailed back within 3 weeks with no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered in a professional setting and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I sent my resume in online and was contacted a day or so later to set up a phone interview. The day before the phone interview the interviewer emailed me to reschedule the interview for 10 days later because she would be out of town. The day of the interview she emailed to ask if we could do the interview 15 minutes earlier , which I agreed to but then she called 10 minutes earlier than that time. The entire time we were on the phone she read from a script and spoke so rapidly I could hardly understand her. She was also whispering or speaking so close into the phone that her words all ran together. Through out her scripted questions she would talk over me or was constantly making the "uh-huh" noise, so much so that it was very apparent she was not listening to my answers. It was very distracting fro me and I'm not sure how she could have processed what I was saying during all of this. Whenever I would ask a question she would not really answer and when I tried to have any kind of real conversation with her from an answer to my question she would cut me off and at one point said "we have to get back to the interview" however I thought my questions and her answers were part of the interview, but I could be wrong. Mostly seemed like someone who didn't really know what they were doing or how to properly interview people and simply reading a script of questions. The ultimate decision seemed to have been made before the interview started, and there was no opportunity to explore other possibilities.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a week later by email to schedule a phone interview. It was with a friendly recruiter and lasted about 25 to 30 minutes. I had seen the majority (but not all) of the questions already on glassdoor. I was emailed just under a week later to be told they wouldn't be moving forward with my application. Honestly, I was glad...having read the glassdoor reviews of the position, I don't actually think that I would be suited to the role at all

Interview Questions

• - Describe a time when you implemented a change somewhere that you worked - How do you develop relationships at work - What advice/suggestions would you give your old university for how they can improve - Describe a time you had to meet a goal   Answer Question

Interview

I was a referral candidate and was contacted for an interview. Then I was assigned to an interviewer. The lady cancelled a few minutes before my interview and then offered to do the interview in the next two days. I responded immediately and never heard back from her despite sending a follow up email the next day. HR should know that on boarding starts even before you hire a candidate. That initial impression says a lot about a company-- might be part of the reason they have a high turnover rate and pay entry level staff on the lower side. Pretty disappointed by this company when I had been following them for a while.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

The recruiting team was pretty responsive. Contacted me within 2 days of application. 2 sets of interview. Phone first, then in person. The interview atmosphere was intense. But practice well and maintain composure and you should be fine. In person interview format is a combination of general questions to get to know the candidate, case study and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time you worked towards a goal? How did you go about it and what were the results?   Answer Question
    • Is there a metric system that measures your work? How is your performance measured?   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with negative feedback and difficult conversations?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize and manage your time between competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • What would you change about the overall experience at your school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about setting up a phone interview. The Interview was a basic first round phone interview, but the recruiter did not seem interested from the beginning. It was as if she was just reading off a list of questions rather than interviewing.

Account Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed to set up a phone interview soon after. The interviewer was very nice and it lasted about half an hour. I did not end up continuing on in the process, but all of the interview questions I was asked I saw on here and helped me prepare better for the phone screen.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I initially applied for a different position and after interviewing for that position twice, they told me to come in for an in person interview for the Membership Associate position. This change of direction seemed to come out of nowhere, but I'm sure it's common with big companies like this. The in person interview was broken into three individual meetings with different members of the team. The interviewers were extremely nice and welcoming, but there was not much communication with me about who I was supposed to be meeting with and when.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take initiative without a supervisor's direction.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview process was three steps, starting with an initial phone interview, a more in-depth one and then an in person interview. They were all fairly similar and very positive in experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Had a phone interview. The interviewer was not very friendly or understanding. Got a different recruiter then originally assigned. Was told I would hear back within a week to a week and a half. Months later still no update. Would not recommend. All the reviews in regards to the process and how the interviews played out are true

Interview Questions

• Was asked to describe my resume and a time when I get pushback from a customer and how I handled it.   Answer Question