Advisory Board

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Contacted by a recruiter. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. Nothing unexpected; asked me about my research experience, interest in healthcare and 'ideal job environment.' The interview was two weeks ago and I still did not hear back. However, I got an e-mail asking me to fill out self-identification forms. It seemed like an automated e-mail so not sure what's happening.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. I guess 'describe your ideal job environment' would be more on the unexpected side.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Took two weeks following submitting my resume online to be contacted for an interview (June). After this, there were two more interviews. The first was with an (I assume) entry level professional in that same position you were interviewing for in another department. The next was with a higher up. A third interview then takes place but the process took so long (at this point it was August) that I had already been offered another position at another company.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard- mostly just asked to be walked through your resume. All in all the interview was more of a conversation than a question and answer session.   Answer Question

Higher Education Researcher Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Rushed process and definitely felt like I was one of hundereds going through the interview process. You have an interview with two people at a time and have a writing portion. The interviewees were my age or a little older but seemed uninterested. For one of my interviews, they didn't schedule a room so I had to go to their office with four other desks and people were coming in and out. It seemed so distracting and unprofessional to me.

Interview Questions
    • More behavioral but had a case question in there to just analyze your thought process.   View Answer

Disorganized interview process and didn't get great vibes when talking to the staff.

Coordinator Interview

Interview through an internal submission. They seemed really receptive, although I've read they care a lot about GPA which I think is zero representation of who I am. No call back

Interview Questions
    • GPA- because apparently getting over 3.0s for the last 6 semesters of college is not good enough   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted an online application and received an email from the general HR person the following day giving me the opprotunity for a phone interview. I quickly replied but never received a response however this was over the December holidays so it may have had something to do with that. However the HR person did eventually resend the email and was quick to respond then. I had a brief 30 minunte screening interview. She asked me about my current position and had a lot of questions about my academic experience. One of the questions was an aspect of my academic experience I would change and how I do in managing goals and priorties. She was very friendly but it was a very cookie cutter interview she didn't really seem interested in what I have to say but I realize this is the way it is sometimes. She briefly went over the position and what the next steps in the interview process would be.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to explain what I thought the position was, not inherently difficult but was unexpected.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I was contacted for a phone interview and was scheduled within a week. The phone interview was quick lasted 15 minutes the interviewer seemed disinterested throughout the entire process. The questions were straight forward.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your school administration?
      Describe why you picked your university/college?

Answer Question

Analyst, Research and Insights Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted my application online, and the next day I was contacted to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. As other have said, the initial phone interview is largely behavioral. They ask you basic questions concerning your research experience, why you chose your academic institution, and why you are interested in working at the Advisory Board. The next day, I was asked for a follow up interview with an individual from the Research and Insights team as well as a timed, online, case-style question.

Interview Questions
    • What would you ask your school administration to change?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online and was then contacted to set up a phone interview. The interview was straight forward and rather generic. The interview seemed to come from a script, and the interviewer sounded young and relatively inexperienced. I talked a bit about myself, and then got into some of the research projects I had been involved with.

I am currently waiting to hear back from ABC, following my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Problems working with data/describe a time you were involved with some form of research.   Answer Question

Research and Insights Analyst Interview

First phone interview - more casual just getting to know you and asking questions about your resume/experience. Next step is a second phone interview and a written section. Case study and questions about resume asked. Written section administered online. Both interviewers were kind.

Interview Questions
    • What has your experience been in research. What is the research process.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

applied through LinkedIn, contacted shortly after for a phone interview ( I think I applied one weekend and heard back by that Monday)

Interviewer was extremely boring--felt like she did not want to be on the call at all. Also there was so much background noise that I was distracted--tried to hint that the loud background was very distracting but I don't think she was even listening. Not too bummed about no second interview offer because the salary is laughable

Interview Questions
    • standard questions, they asked what I would change about school's administration   Answer Question