Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.8

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

phone call, interview in d.c., offer. recruiter read off a script was very nice and full of information about the position. asked lots of questions about what the company does and how your experience fits the role. company seems to be very young but a good place for recent college grads.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

The interviewer is not interacting with you what so ever, just read off the questions on the paper. Not a fun experience. Questions are just basically the ones that have already listed on the website.

Interview Questions
    • What about your school administration would you change?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

The interview set-up was straightforward and lasted about 30 minutes. Had a telephone interview with a recruiter that covered the basic resume review and behavioral interview style questions. The interviewer was perfectly nice and approachable regarding my questions. I was told I would receive a response on next steps within a week, and they responded within that time frame.

Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Phone interview was approx 30 minutes, then contacted me for a in person interview, scheduled it the interview in the office was approx 30 mins then met with higher ups which was 15 mins.

Interview Questions
    • asked me why I picked my university, my accomplishments etc.   Answer Question

way too low of a salary.

Entry-Level Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

The interview was short, about 30 minutes, and began with me walking my interviewer through my resume. I described the highlights of my experience and discussed my customer service experience in depth.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you when you were challenged professionally. Describe how you worked through a professional issue or problem. Describe what The Advisory Board Company does in two sentences or less.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

I applied, then received an email about a week later. It took over 2 weeks to schedule the phone interview. The first interview was with someone in HR who just ran through my resume with me. It took another few weeks to schedule the second round, also on the phone (which I was told would be in person). The position I was interviewing for went from senior associate to dedicated advisor. The second interview was super specific about the details of my most recent experiences in grad school. None of the questions were very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled working with someone who is resistant to your idea(s)?   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

Initially interviewed for one position months ago; never heard back until I reached out to the recruiter. I was told that the position was taken by an internal candidate, but then I was recommended for another position. Had 1 phone interview, about 10 days later 1 face to face interview in D.C. I felt that it went positive, especially given the short time I had to prepare for the interview (case type question, plus a powerpoint). Heard back 6 days later via email that I did not get the position. Asked for feedback, no response.

Interview Questions
    • Case interview question that had nothing to do with all the prep materials they provided; presentation   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

The day starts with a very informal get-to-know-you breakfast between candidates and current employees. There is a tour of the beautiful office space and two ensuing interviews. The first is 2-on-1 and the second is 1-1. Both interviews were very straightforward and showed how interested the company is in assessing if the interviewee is a good fit. Everyone was very welcoming and relaxed, and the overall experience was very positive.

Coordinator/Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and was asked to interview weeks later. When I had my initial phone interview she mentioned me considering a different role. So I interviewed on the phone for both..not really prepared for the second one...

Two weeks later: In person interviews, all 30 minutes but multiple rounds. I met so many people in 3.5 hours and each round comprised of people from the two different departments mentioned on the phone.

Then I was called back a second day to come in and do another round of interviews. Then a week later called on the phone to do one more phone screen.

They said they would let me know by the beginning of the year and I heard nothing. I finally started looking at other places and accepted a job offer elsewhere. And a week later got an email to interview for an even different position.

Disorganized to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose you school? Will you tell me about a time you could not accomplish something?   Answer Question

Entry Level Role Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online. Was sent an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was not difficult asked a series of behavioral questions. Seemed like they were reading off a script and did not seem genuinely interested in my credentials or interest in the company.