Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.8

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was contacted abotu 3 weeks after submitting an application. I had no prospects of getting a call back; however, I was screened over the phone for about 30 minutes and then after a week I was prompted to schedule an in office interview. I interviewed individually with 4 people and with 2 paired interviews. After a week I was contacted with an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself. What do you want us to remember about you? How do you handle multiple assignments and how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

One phone screen by the human resources department and then that was followed by several in person interviews in a row. I would say there were 3 to 5 of them. They ranged from specific qualifications about the job itself and then some probing questions about yourself and how you work, deal with adversity, and communicate.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Phone interview for about 25 minutes. Asked several of the questions previous reviewers have posted. Interviewer explained the phone interview process, then the next steps for the hiring process. Went over resume, asked basic interview questions. Much better if the interview ends up more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to improve a process to make it more efficient.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week to set up a phone screen with a recruiter. The recruiter was very nice and communicative with me. Overall I find phone interviews to be very awkward and that I don't do well in them. Every question I was asked during the screen is on glassdoor. I was contacted the next day to set up a 1-hour phone interview and 90-minute writing test. I will update my review if I make it to an in person interview after that.

Interview Questions

• Describe a Research project in depth. Walk me through your resume. Why did you choose your university? What advice would you give your university to improve something there? Describe your writing style and how it has changed.   Answer Question

Web Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interviewer was a bit ditzy and rehearsed. She used the word "great" way too many times. Felt like she was distracted and just working her way through the script on her computer. Didn't seem like she had my resume in front of her because she only asked generic questions and never referenced the resume or application itself. She said I asked great questions but she repeated herself often in her answers. She was pretty young and inexperienced, which made it a bit awkward since I'm also young and inexperienced. Sure this doesn't characterize the entire HR team, but it certainly didn't leave a good impression. I was so interested in ABC going into it, and she seemed like it was just a job.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through an online job board. After a week or 2 I received an email with an offer to partake in a 30 minute phone interview with a hiring recruiter. The phone interview was not interactive, it was a heavily one-side conversation where I simply answered questions as they came. Though I prefer interviews that are more interactive, because of glassdoor I was very prepared for both the interview style and questions. After the phone interview, the recruiter immediately offered me a second interview. The second interview is usually at the office but I am not in the D.C. area so I opted for the virtual interview. I have that interview today not sure what it will bring.

Interview Questions

• All of the interview questions are already listed it would be wise to refresh and prepare yourself on how you would like to answer each question to your best ability.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2015.

Interview

Went through the first round of interviews, wasn't impressed with the position but thought it might be worth-while to gain interview experience. Was asked to come in for an in-person interview with six different people over the course of 5 hours and decided not to waste everyone's time for a position I wasn't planning on taking.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you would change about your undergraduate institution?   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter reached out within a week. Had a phone interview the following week which went over my resume, asked about my research experience, why I was interested in research, and why I was interested in ABC. About two weeks later I was sent a writing exercise to complete within 90 minutes. I was given two scenarios to choose from, both of which were healthcare related. One asked about the factors to be considered when opening an alternative medicine center and the other asked about factors to be considered when merging two healthcare systems. About a week later I had a video Skype interview which again, went over my resume and asked about my research experience. In addition, I went over a typical business case in which they wanted to see how I thought analytically/critically. My situation was about beefing up campus security around a concert venue. I received an email about a week after my Skype interview informing me that I did not get the position, but I imagine I would've had another round of interviews in person during the next phase, possibly going over more business case style questions.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for ABC? Tell me about your research experience.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The Interview Process was awesome. It went really smooth and I was able to take a tour of the offices during the interview process. I was able to meet with 4 people in this process, 1 manager, 2 others that actually worked in the area I would work, and another manager on the phone. Everyone was quite nice but was asked about Active Directory more than once which kind of made me feel that without that experience where I work now I might have a hard time with obtaining the position.

Interview Questions

• These are only some of the questions, not all.. Q: How many balloons would fill this room? Q: Why is a manhole cover round? Q: What is the most technological thing I have done recently? Q: What is the difference between a Switch and a Hub? Q: Have you worked with Active Directory? Q: What is the feature you miss between Windows 7 and Windows 8? or Mavericks and Yosemite?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

After an employee referral, a phone interview was conducted within a week. Although questions were not difficult, the interview was very fast paces and rushed which resulted in an awkward dynamic between interviewer and myself. Structured as a classic interview, the interviewer described the job and company and then asked me behavioral questions followed by time for me to ask questions. I was emailed back within 3 weeks with no offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you encountered in a professional setting and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question