Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time ( several months). Had to go through a phone screen, then an interview with four different managers (one hour each). I was not impressed with the screening and interview process, but I was impressed with one of the interviewers.

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Interview

Phone interview was around 30 minutes long, mostly behavioral interview questions. I was contacted by email for an onsite interview about a week later. The onsite interview was overall a good experience, I spoke with 3 managers, and they were all very courteous. I had to do a case interview for one of the interviews. They gave me an excel data set to analyze and create a powerpoint presentation.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral interview questions during the phone interview were tough. You have to think on your feet.   Answer Question

Dedicated Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Mangalore (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

i had written exam in this field .that time very difficult for me .nw i can mannage myself

Academies Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2010.

Interview

One of the more arduous processes I've been through. Had to interview with 4-5 different people and was tasked with case study work. College pedigree definitely matters for a first look. Took offer with high expectations, but left after 2 years.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer will put you on the spot with Harvard Business Review type issues and must instantly rationalize in order to convey how you thought process works. Comes across as a "trick question". It's a test of your logic skills.   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennimalai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Chennimalai (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

I have nearly 4 years of experience in PHP. HR called me for PHP Developer interview on Saturday and they sent call letter email. I don't think interview will like that. In my experience I also interviewed for developer hiring process.

Interview Questions

• They asked following questions 1.Tell me about your roll in the current company. 2.They asked about constraints and triggers. 3.How will you develop database. 4.Your currently in code development but this company is maintance of some projects. Is it OK for you? 5.They asked apart from technical what you expect from this company?   1 Answer

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Chennai (India)) in November 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very strict and the they highly focus on the technical knowledge. My manager was focusing mainly on the technical aspects as I had to manage about 5 products initially. He was also focusing on the other aspects as communication tool knowledge. further on I had a discussion round with the Senior director who was an awesome personality. He was mainly concentrating on my attitude and also perfectly technical person so there was no fooling around. As a whole my entire interview experience was awesome.

Negotiation

They gave more than what I asked and that was awesome

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied through college job portal. Initial phone interview and multiple round in-person interviews within one day at headquarters. Although they didn't initially specify how many interviews you would receive that day, it appeared that candidates who excelled received more interviewers. All interviewers were professional and cordial, yet strict and not very helpful in walking you through cases.

Specialist Java Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Chennai (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Telephonicvisory Interview process is divided in to 4 rounds or sometimes five rounds too. Initially applied to their career id, got a call from the recruiter to take up a tech discussion, there were 4 rounds of discussion Telephonic level 1 1. Brief about you 2.how much % of your daily work involves coding, was askrd to rate my self on core java, j2ee, design patterns, jpa, springs, sql 3. Questions on data structures, big o complexity, sorting, java 5 features, varargs, race condition they are expecting in depth knowledge, lisyeners in servlets, enumerator interface, their constrctors etc etc 4. J2ee focus on problem solving. 5. Scenario based questions mostly 6. Sql queries, joins, sub queries, limit It went for 1.5 hrs Telephonic roubd 2 then 2 more face to face from US ppl Full pbm solving, tree data structure, jvm rekated questions, scenario, sql questions, Tel1

Interview Questions

• Telephonic Interview process is divided in to 4 rounds or sometimes five rounds too. Initially applied to their career id, got a call from the recruiter to take up a tech discussion, there were 4 rounds of discussion Telephonic level 1 1. Brief about you 2.how much % of your daily work involves coding, was askrd to rate my self on core java, j2ee, design patterns, jpa, springs, sql 3. Questions on data structures, big o complexity, sorting, java 5 features, varargs, race condition they are expecting in depth knowledge, lisyeners in servlets, enumerator interface, their constrctors etc etc 4. J2ee focus on problem solving. 5. Scenario based questions mostly 6. Sql queries, joins, sub queries, limit It went for 1.5 hrs Telephonic roubd 2 Full pbm solving, tree data structure, jvm rekated questions, scenario, sql questions, Telephonic 3 From us ppl mostly pbm solving and data structures, jpa, springs advanced questions Write a binary search algorithm, threads, string matching pbms   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard. Had a 30 minute phone interview with HR, where mostly behavioral questions were asked. I was then scheduled for a second phone interview with a practice manager and this was more behavioral questions as well as a bit about my research history and why I wanted to work at ABC. After the phone call I had an hour to complete a writing assignment, which was kind of like a case study. I was then scheduled for an office visit where I had three interviews, two with practice managers and one with he managing director. In total I had about 4 case interviews, all relatively challenging but they did give great guidance throughout the course of the interview. I didn't get the job though so I think I didn't do well in the cases. But it was a good experience and great practice. This was my first ever consulting interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. I have two jars, one with red marbles and the other with blue marbles. How do I ensure that my first and only pick of a marble is going to be blue? 2. I want to open a coffee shop in the building. What factors do I need to take into account in making my decision? 3. How do we estimate the number of mammograms that will be done int he US between 2015 and 2020? 4. Cleveland Orchestra is facing a profit decline. Go through all the factors you would need to take into account in determining what is driving this decline.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Very good experience. Talked to a HR rep, which in turn set up a phone screen. From there I was interviewed by another manager before brought on site for a full 4 hours of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• There were several brain teasers followed by a question involving buliding a ETL process   1 Answer