Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Submitted resume online and heard back quickly for a first round phone interview. It was the general screening call with an HR representative. Mostly making sure you understood what the company is/what the position entails. Heard back for a second round interview a week later which consisted of 5 1:1 interview and 1 2:1 interview. The two on one was the first with HR representatvies while the rest were with people who would be co-workers and higher ups. Again standard questions. Nothing that hasn't been stated before. Everyone was really friendly and was generally just looking to see if you could handle the work load and would be a good fit. Was then contacted for a final round phone interview which I had a week later and am now waiting to here back.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest failure? What's something NOT on your resume that you're proud of?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview pretty quickly followed by three rounds of in-person interviews. Interviews were done with case studies. The interviewers seemed to be looking for specific answers and were a bit rude when asked questions about the company.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

1 HR Phone interview 1 Phone interview with Hiring Manager 2 back to back phone rounds with senior management/industry experts 2 back to back in-person interviews at DC Office with senior management/industry leaders 1 Case Interview/Research Note Presentation and Defense

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Applied online through the website, received an email about a week later to set up a phone interview, which didn't happen until almost two weeks later. Interviewer (a recruiter) was friendly, knew a surprising amount about the specific position and its role within the company. Standard questions about why I chose my undergraduate university, what I've learned in jobs since then, how my writing evolved over time. Pretty standard stuff, thought it went well but got an email about a week later saying they wouldn't be moving forward. It was nice to know, and they said they'll keep my resume on file for 6 months and contact me if anything else comes up.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your contributions to a research study and how they impacted the study's findings.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone interview was pretty standard. Detailed questions about resume and research methodology. Everything was fine until in person interviews because the managers couldn't have been more than 25 and made me feel like they didn't want to be there.

Interview Questions

• They seemed to be looking for a specific answer on the case study questions. Not a lot of latitude to answer which is contrary to all the information they send out about preparing for case studies.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The Advisory Board Company moved very fast once my application was submitted. I had my first phone screen within a week of submitting my application. The second, more technical phone screen was just a week after that. You interview with the team you're going to be working with so you get a good feel right away if you will fit in.

Interview Questions

• Actually giving an example of a SQL query. My background isn't in programming so I'm more of a trial and error SQL type and I wasn't prepared for this question on the fly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2012.

Interview

I was conrtacted via email by HR about setting up a phone interview. At the time of the phone interview the recruiter was late in calling and then ended up not having enough time so we had to reschedule. At the rescheduled date, he never called. Very unprofessional.

Interview

Applied through a friend and got call within few days. there were two phone interviews and one onsite. The first phone interview was a casual one describing about the comapny and the position. The second was the 1 hour technical interview in which was asked questions on OOD and SQL.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Advisory Board (Chennai (India)) in December 2013.

Interview

I have a concern with this process; When i had the telephonic conversation with hr, I clearly mentioned that I am not a Database expert. Even after mentioning that, interview was completely in database and none of the other areas were covered. I guess interviewer knows only db, and he was just focusing on how to optimize queries which i feel is not the right question non db expert... I can switch between programming languages and even work with sql in future, but for interview sake, to test my logic skills, problems should have been in languages which is already in my Resume, so that I’ll be even more comfortable. At least for others, please take care of this concern, otherwise its a complete waste of time for me and for your technical panel. Making me to travel during weekday office hours to ask questions which is not in my Resume sounds bad to me; Please plan well by organizing a telephonic discussion with technical panel before to understand the requirement correctly; Kindly don't do this for other candidates at least.

Interview Questions

• questions from skills not mentioned in my resume - cant say it as tough; its weird and interview was not in professional way...   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

Interview

Employee Referral. Within two weeks I received correspondence from the HR team to schedule an interview. Before the interview I had to complete a standard employment status and EEOC questionnaire via an online portal. I was not in the location for the position I was applying for so the interview was conducted via Skype.

Interview Questions

• The questions on background and experience were primarily results-oriented. It was less about work-style so much as meeting goals and challenges/successes in doing so at prior positions.   Answer Question