Advisory Board

510 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was referred to ABC by a friend who works there and about a week after my resume was submitted, I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. Interview was very simple - questions concentrated on personal experiences and experiences outlined in my resume. Interviewer was very nice and helpful when I had questions about ABC.

Interview Question – What would you change about your college (policy wise).   Answer Question

Account Management Associate Interview

Account Management Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in July 2013 - got a call back to set up a HR phone interview for 1 week later. Asked basic resume questions about my experience. Got a call the next day requesting I meet in person for 9 different interviews for 3 separate job titles available for 9 different teams. Asked some behavioral questions. Explained the job title, asked if I had questions and looked for how my previous experience would help me be successful in this role based on my knowledge of the firm, the department, and the role.

Interview Question – What is the biggest problem in hospital systems based on my previous experience?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

Interview Details – This normally starts via a web board. Sending in the application was relatively basic and I was contacted within a week. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and had a broad range of questions that covered methodology and experience.

Interview Question – Being questioned on your methodology can be challenging if you don't have a concrete, prepared answer.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director

I applied online and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I should have believed all the negative reviews about the recruitment process. My experience consisted of 3 interviews total. Interview 1 was a standard recruiter interview asking me to go through my resume. During that interview the recruiter noted that she would get back to me within 2 weeks. She did answer me in a very timely manner after the first round and scheduled a second round interview with a manager. 2 weeks later I received an email asking for writing samples which I provided. I did not hear back for a long period of time and had to follow up. Upon following up, the recruiter scheduled another interview for me with another senior member of the team. Following this interview I did not hear back for weeks, thus followed up with the recruiter yet again. I was extremely straight forward and asked if I was still being considered for the position. Frankly, I would've just liked the courtesy of being notified regardless, with a direct answer. Following this, the recruiter replied back to me and her response was that I was still being considered for the position and asked for potential times that I could come in for the "final step." Upon replying back about my availability I never heard back again and followed up two weeks later with still no response. This was extremely unprofessional representation of the organization. I understand that recruiters are in a tough position as they are required to communicate between the applicant and the hiring manager, however, misleading an applicant and not even having the courtesy to respond is extremely disrespectful. Now I understand why there were so many negative reviews from applicants as well as existing employees.

Interview Question – How would you go about dealing with this situation: (scenario was presented)   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Great interview experience. The recruiters I spoke with over the phone and via email were very professional. After the interview I was contacted in a timely manner to inform me of their decision.

Interview Question – Questions mostly pertained to resume and experience.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst - Research Interview

Senior Analyst - Research

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – It went well but I didn't get an onsite. Not sure why because the interview said I will get one. Everything on the resume is fair play. So know your resume's stories really well! Describe your one research experience was the last question and it went way longer than I expected..for the details

Interview Question – Describe your one research experience.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I got a call for the interview of a business analyst position after applying via LinkedIn. Fairly simple interview strictly behavioural. It was hard to understand what they expected out of a candidate as the position seemed rather vague. Overall the interview was quite easy and stuck to situation questions.

Interview Question – Many questions were being repeated, the interviewer kept asking certain facts on my resume which was a little confusing. As far as technical skills were concerned, they did not mention what was required to be a good fit for the position.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Director Product Management Interview

Senior Director Product Management

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Good communication. Recruiter was very helpful in setting up calls, on-site interviews.
Consisted of several calls with other directors and VP of Product Management, other directors, and UX person.
Overall took 30 days from start to offer.
Some Bone-head interview questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Austin, TX

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process took about 5 weeks in total. My first round was a technical screening over the phone, then a three hour long in person interview. I thought the whole process was really well done. The first interview of the three in person interviews was a peer panel. It was a great opportunity to learn about the company and position and informed the following two interviews with higher level folks.

Interview Question – You need to know SQL and some basic database management principles. Specifically, the syntax of joins and the theory behind relational DB structure and normalization. Other than that, the questions are pretty standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my offer and the process was very positive.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Resume was submitted to HR by a friend, received an email about a week and a half later asking if I would be available for a phone interview and what times would best work for me. I was emailed shortly after with a date and time. The recruiter was friendly and comfortable and said I will hear back in about a week. Will hopefully be getting an in person interview soon.

Interview Question – If you could change something about your school's administration what would it be?   Answer Question