Advisory Board Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.8

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The day starts with a very informal get-to-know-you breakfast between candidates and current employees. There is a tour of the beautiful office space and two ensuing interviews. The first is 2-on-1 and the second is 1-1. Both interviews were very straightforward and showed how interested the company is in assessing if the interviewee is a good fit. Everyone was very welcoming and relaxed, and the overall experience was very positive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview was short, about 30 minutes, and began with me walking my interviewer through my resume. I described the highlights of my experience and discussed my customer service experience in depth.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you when you were challenged professionally. Describe how you worked through a professional issue or problem. Describe what The Advisory Board Company does in two sentences or less.   Answer Question

Coordinator/Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online and was asked to interview weeks later. When I had my initial phone interview she mentioned me considering a different role. So I interviewed on the phone for both..not really prepared for the second one...

Two weeks later: In person interviews, all 30 minutes but multiple rounds. I met so many people in 3.5 hours and each round comprised of people from the two different departments mentioned on the phone.

Then I was called back a second day to come in and do another round of interviews. Then a week later called on the phone to do one more phone screen.

They said they would let me know by the beginning of the year and I heard nothing. I finally started looking at other places and accepted a job offer elsewhere. And a week later got an email to interview for an even different position.

Disorganized to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose you school? Will you tell me about a time you could not accomplish something?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

Interview

I applied, then received an email about a week later. It took over 2 weeks to schedule the phone interview. The first interview was with someone in HR who just ran through my resume with me. It took another few weeks to schedule the second round, also on the phone (which I was told would be in person). The position I was interviewing for went from senior associate to dedicated advisor. The second interview was super specific about the details of my most recent experiences in grad school. None of the questions were very difficult.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled working with someone who is resistant to your idea(s)?   Answer Question

Health Care Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Initially interviewed for one position months ago; never heard back until I reached out to the recruiter. I was told that the position was taken by an internal candidate, but then I was recommended for another position. Had 1 phone interview, about 10 days later 1 face to face interview in D.C. I felt that it went positive, especially given the short time I had to prepare for the interview (case type question, plus a powerpoint). Heard back 6 days later via email that I did not get the position. Asked for feedback, no response.

Interview Questions

• Case interview question that had nothing to do with all the prep materials they provided; presentation   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and heard back 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview and was told I would hear back in 2 weeks about an interview. The recruiter was friendly, but sounded like she was reading off a script of questions.

Director, Performance Technologies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

The process took a little over 3 weeks. I initially applied for 2 consulting positions online, and received a form letter saying they would not be moving forward with an interview. I connected with someone in the firm from a mutual friend, and after a conversation with her, she found a better position for me and gave me an internal referral. I was contacted for a phone screen, which went well. Basic interview questions, HR was positive, friendly, and had a lot of great things to say about ABC. Followed up with an in person interview at ABC where I met with 3 senior managers. They asked about my experience, background, my opinion on selling tenured vs. new products, how I felt about a lot of travel, etc. After the in person interviews, I had another phone interview with a team leader, and was extended an offer 3 days later, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• How much monthly client revenue I generate, what my main responsibilities are in my current role, why ABC, etc. Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advisory Board (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview at school through Career Center. Recruiter described the job and then asked me to explain the aspects of my resume. Then asked me a lot of jobs about customer service - for example: "Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, how you handled the situation and what you would do if you could change it."

Entry Level Role Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Applied online. Was sent an email within a week to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was not difficult asked a series of behavioral questions. Seemed like they were reading off a script and did not seem genuinely interested in my credentials or interest in the company.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!