Advisory Board

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Had an inside referral. Questions were relatively difficult and situational, but nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – How do you plan to contribute to improvement in this organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was a new grad, so there was not much to negotiate! 30k is what I had to settle with.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I had one phone interview which was about half behavioral questions, and half practical questions (what type of research have you done, what methodology did you use, what were the outcomes), and then behavioral questions such as "when is a time you made a mistake, and how did you solve it?". I was interviewing for a different position, and the interviewer asked about other interests of mine, and then suggested another position, which actually sounded more interesting to me. About 3 weeks later, they flew me to DC for the second round interviews, which consisted of a writing test and two case study interviews. The questions were very practical, and the interviewers were very friendly and approachable. There was also a small section of time at the beginning of each interview for a few more behavioral questions, which were more specific to my work-style and process.

Interview Question – How would you go about getting information from an interview subject who was being unhelpful?   View Answer

Health Care Consultant Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Interview Details – One phone interview. One in-person interview. Questions were generally difficult, but not unexpected. Know the product. Clear understanding of what the tool offers and what the opportunities are for the company/product are key. The standard difficult questions (google search + sufficient prep) are a part of each phase. Strength in analysis and presentation is vital for success.

Interview Questions

• What are the deficits your current employer would say you have?   View Answer
  • Case study questions (i.e. those not 100% applicable to the position, but indicative of work habits/patterns).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Flat. There was no negotiating the offer.

Business Analyst, Senior Associate Interview

Business Analyst, Senior Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Took 4 months, had initial interview w/ HR, then onsite interview with 3 managers

Interview Question – case study questions - be prepared   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – know that the bonus structure is based on individual performance and be sure to ask details because the full amount is not always obtainable within the first year

Research Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Difficult and time consuming-- it's an honor if you get through all the rounds.

Interview Question – The case study questions were hard.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I got an email 2 weeks after applying through LinkedIn to set up a phone interview with an HR recruiter. The interview lasted for about 25 minutes and consisted of pretty basic questions (how did you hear about this job, what interested you, describe your research experience).

I honestly didn't think it went that well, but a week later I got an email asking to set up another phone interview with a current staff member in the department. That interview lasted for 45 minutes and included a 10 minute case study. I thought I did really well and knocked the case interview out of the park, however I got an email a week later saying that I hadn't moved forward.

I found it strange that the person who did my 2nd interview wasn't my future manager or even someone who worked in the same area as me. It felt like a random staff member who drew a short straw (the interview was in the late afternoon). In addition, it repeated a lot of questions that they asked in the first interview, which makes me wonder if they even looked at my answers to the first interview. Moreover, I wasn't asked about my past work experience at all, which was very, very strange.

I very much wanted to work at Advisory Board, but unfortunately it just didn't work out. I asked for feedback on my interviews and haven't gotten a response (it's been 2 weeks). Best of luck to anyone who interviews here.

Interview Question – Why a corporate environment over a think-tank or nonprofit environment (the job was located in DC)   Answer Question

Senior Analyst, New Product Development Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – 1 Behavioral interview, 30 mins. very straightforward questions. I thought I absolutely crushed the interview, but did not make it to the second round. I tried to follow up with the recruiter for feedback, but got no response.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was recommend by an Senior Employee to interview for a Development position. Called by outside recruiter who set telephone discussion and then numerous face to face meetings.
I had two satellite conference's and 4 face to face meetings.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, in fact i was disappointed at the elementary and inexperienced senior executives in interacted with. These were very young kids and a short unimpressive Chief Marketing Officer, who clearly had never worker in healthcare outside of this organization. The leadership was uninspiring..   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No challenge and child uninspired leadershio

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate
Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1st interview was over the phone: Talked about the resume mainly. She asked a lot of questions about my experiences and why they would help the company. Strengths, weaknesses etc. Nothing too difficult as it was all talking about yourself. Have questions prepared for them about the company

Interview Question – All standard questions (strengths, weaknesses) Shouldn't be nervous as it is all about you   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Management Associate Interview

Account Management Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The interview lasted 20 minutes and the questions were basic and what you expect from any initial interview.

Interview Question – Walk me through you resume
Why are you interested in the health care field?
  Answer Question