Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
503 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in early December of 2013. I heard back from someone at the Advisory Board in late December, and they set up a phone interview with a recruiter. They asked me very detailed questions about my research experience. Then I had a case interview by phone with a research manager, which was a little difficult for me since I had never done one. After that I completed a 1.5 hour writing test from home, which was fairly easy. The company then flew me down to the DC office for 2 case interviews, both 2:1 with research managers. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming, and once I the interviews began I wasn't nervous at all. All of the case questions were research-oriented, not consulting-oriented, which made them much more manageable. Overall I had a great experience.

Interview Question – How to best consolidate student services at a university   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation available, since most RAs have the same experience level

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Entire process took about a month. First, it was a phone interview which was pretty straightforward. Second, it was two case interviews, which were not particularly difficult, but it was hard to know what they were looking for.

Interview Question – Cases were not technical in nature. Didn't really need background knowledge.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview, it lasts about 20 mins and he asked several questions about my background. He was particularly interested the extracurriculars that I did.

Interview Question – What do you see the most vulnerable weakness in yourself?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Interview

Sales and Marketing
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was called about 2 weeks after submitting an application on their website. I received an e-mail to tell me of a time for the call and I had to fill out a set of questions beforehand online. Towards the end of the interview, I was told about how the Sales and Marketing division works and a bit about what the job would entail if I were to get it. I was then told that I would be notified within 3 weeks if I were to move on to the in-person interviews.

Interview Question – If you had one critique to tell your college, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Unfortunately, I can only speak about a phone interview as I was not invited to further interviews. I had applied through the company website and was contacted by e-mail about scheduling an interview about 2 weeks later.

The phone interview itself was straight-forward. The interviewer asked me to "walk" her through my resume and also to describe my "research process." I think this is the formula for a lot of intro Advisory Board interviews.

Interview Question – Both questions -- see above -- can be fairly difficult because they are very open-ended and, given the interface -- a phone interview -- you may not get a "read" or "feel" on what the interviewer is thinking or seeking in an answer.   Answer Question

Healthcare Consultant Interview

Healthcare Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2013.

Interview Details – I had a brief phone interview for this position. It was very short- only about 15 minutes. The recruiter asked me to outline my resume for them and discuss my experience.

Interview Question – Asked few questions- more of the recruiter asking me to tell them about myself.   Answer Question

Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied and was contacted just two days later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was quite straightforward with many of the questions asked already on here. There was nothing tricky and they were extremely helpful in communicating on time. I did not get the position, though I'm not entirely sure why I didn't get a second interview.

Interview Question – Most were easy, but maybe what draws you to the financial management side of higher education?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Applied online and got appointment for phone interview. They asked the usual behavioral questions: Tell me about yourself, Name of of your biggest challenges and how did you manage... Interviewer seemed very desintersted. It was over quick, 30 min. tops. I didn't get the job but think it was for the better...

Interview Question – Since it was a routine interview, there was nothing unexpected. Can easily be prepared for.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was contacted to have a phone interview a few days after I submitted my resume. I scheduled the phone interview within 2 weeks, and it was very basic. She asked me about myself and asked a few questions about my resume. She asked a few questions about my interest in the Advisory Board and to give a couple examples of when I had to work on certain initiatives.

Interview Question – They were all very basic. One question asked about what I could do to improve my current education experience. Also a time when someone wasn't cooperating.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a final round interview at the headquarters.

Very Difficult Interview

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Advisory Board in August 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process took a long time ( several months). Had to go through a phone screen, then an interview with four different managers (one hour each). I was not impressed with the screening and interview process, but I was impressed with one of the interviewers.

Interview Question – Why should we be excited about hiring you?   Answer Question