Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.6

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The interview was your typical interview, nothing out of the ordinary but the person interviewing me did not seem too interested in what I had to say. I was referred by an employee and the process was very slow. A couple of weeks went by and I had not heard back from HR. The process seemed disorganized and they were quick to ask what my salary expectations were which I believe was a factor in the reason why I did not receive an offer. Overall not a very pleasant experience, the HR people were not very helpful of timely.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks, applied online and then had two phone screenings. After the phone interview was an in person interview with several members of the department. The interview was easy, low stress. It seemed like they just wanted to confirm you're a normal person rather than determining special skills and qualifications

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

phone call, interview in d.c., offer. recruiter read off a script was very nice and full of information about the position. asked lots of questions about what the company does and how your experience fits the role. company seems to be very young but a good place for recent college grads.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advisory Board (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview at school through Career Center. Recruiter described the job and then asked me to explain the aspects of my resume. Then asked me a lot of jobs about customer service - for example: "Talk about a time you had to work with a difficult customer, how you handled the situation and what you would do if you could change it."

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with the Marketing chief of staff. It was mostly behavioral and I could tell that they were looking for someone who understood what the company did.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Behavioral interview. Not very job specific questions, i honestly was not sure what the interviewer was looking for in a can date. Felt my interview went very well but was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you left out a detail when dealing with a customer   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I had a first-round phone interview. Interview took 30mins. The interviewer was nice but sounded a bit uninterested. Questions were to tell a little about myself and walk her through my resume, if I could go back to my college, what advice would I give the staff or administration, how do I stay organized or manage my time, tell about a time I had to develop something and what the process was like, tell about a time I set a goal and what I did to reach that goal, what do I think the Advisory Board does/ what is it about, how I heard about the company and why I decided to apply, then if I had any questions (in that order). I have never been asked this many questions. Still waiting to hear about a second interview, but it was nice to hear they definitely contact you again either to deny you or schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What advice would you give the staff or administration of your school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question