Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Initial first round telephone interview. Two addition in-person one on two interviews in the Washington DC office. Career Management is easy to work with to schedule interviews. Interviewers ask easy questions. Be prepared to walk through your resume and answer questions as related to the Company's core values (found on their website).

Interview Questions
  • Describe your writing style. Describe a time you dropped the ball.   Answer Question
Non-negotiable salary. Asked for moving allowance instead.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions
    • Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Straightforward questions and easy process. Interviewed with a few different employees. Phone interview first followed by an interview in DC at the offices. I felt prepared for all interviews, but you definitely need to have your answers prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your school and how would you change its administration?   Answer Question

I did not think it was the right fit.

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Was efficient and quick. I had two interviews with a total of three people - all were friendly and full of information

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst course you took in college and why   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary, but flexible on start date and helpful with housing tips

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

Starts with a phone interview. Then you have to wait about 2 weeks to hear if you are invented to interview in person. I applied online. The phone interview was relatively basic. It lasts about 20 minutes. Basically you go through your resume and explain your experience. They were interested in why you applied to Advisory Board in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you weren't as organized as possible and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

I was referred into The Advisory Board and received contact from a recruiter within a week to set up a Skype interview. Unfortunately the recruiter did not understand that I am an experienced corporate marketing professional and they wanted to interview my for what is essentially a "sales" job within the organization. We discussed that I would be a better fit for another position posted on their website. The recruiter was going to forward my resume along to the right individual, but I never heard anything from them again.

I sent a think you email and... nothing. I sent a follow-up email and again... nothing. To me it seems rather unprofessional to not respond to thank yous or follow-up especially when you are referred into the organization.

Marketing Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

They initially interviewed me for a marketing associate position, I made it past the first round (over the phone) and they emailed to tell me I had been invited to interview them at the DC office. However, they told me I would have to pay for travel expenses, etc. I honestly could not afford to pay for that so I wrote back and expressed me high interest in the company, but declined to continue with the interview process. The next day, HR contacted me again saying their international team had agreed to a Skype interview. I accepted, and I am scheduled to interview with them soon.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume.
      Why did you choose your College?
      What attracted you to the Advisory Board Company?
        Answer Question
    If they are not planning on funding your travel expenses for an in person interview, express your interest in the company and they will most likely offer an alternative, like Skype

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2013.

Got an email after a month of submitting my application. The position was for something that was completely different that what I had applied for. When inquiring about the issue, the HR rep just shrugged it off and insisted that she thought I'd be a good candidate for her particular position she was recruiting for. In some magical way, I found myself being flown to their HQ and interviewing with four people for a role that I never applied for 2/4 people in the interview panel showed up late and then continued to ask why I was interviewing for the position when my skills seemed to match another role. It was pretty frustrating. The current employee that I know working there later verified for me that their HR is a mess.

Interview Questions
    • They churn a lot of marketing associates out because they don't meet their numbers, so a lot of the questions were about hitting targets and being comfortable with the fact that you were basically going to get fired within a year if you didn't make your sales. This is probably why they are trying to get everyone to interview for this position because it's always in demand.   Answer Question

This is the most ridiculous recruiting process I've ever been through. Imagine what would be down the line.

Marketing Associate Interview

Phone interview - a week after I applied for the job, I received a phone inteview request. The questions were nothing unexpected. The interviewer was very nice and helpful, but sounded like she just needed it to get it overwith so she could move on to the next one.

Interview Questions
    • No terribly unexpected questions:
      How do you think you can benefit from your liberal arts education?
      Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle.
        Answer Question

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!