Advisory Board

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.6

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

It wasn't too hard, was prepared. had an employee referral. The company seems great online- look at their benefit package. I was kind of weary about the low salary but seems like a fun, young, working environment!

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Behavioral interview. Not very job specific questions, i honestly was not sure what the interviewer was looking for in a can date. Felt my interview went very well but was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • describe a situation where you left out a detail when dealing with a customer   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I had a first-round phone interview. Interview took 30mins. The interviewer was nice but sounded a bit uninterested. Questions were to tell a little about myself and walk her through my resume, if I could go back to my college, what advice would I give the staff or administration, how do I stay organized or manage my time, tell about a time I had to develop something and what the process was like, tell about a time I set a goal and what I did to reach that goal, what do I think the Advisory Board does/ what is it about, how I heard about the company and why I decided to apply, then if I had any questions (in that order). I have never been asked this many questions. Still waiting to hear about a second interview, but it was nice to hear they definitely contact you again either to deny you or schedule a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What advice would you give the staff or administration of your school.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions
    • Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Straightforward questions and easy process. Interviewed with a few different employees. Phone interview first followed by an interview in DC at the offices. I felt prepared for all interviews, but you definitely need to have your answers prepared!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose your school and how would you change its administration?   Answer Question

I did not think it was the right fit.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Was efficient and quick. I had two interviews with a total of three people - all were friendly and full of information

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about the worst course you took in college and why   Answer Question
    No negotiations on salary, but flexible on start date and helpful with housing tips

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2014.

I would not recommend this company at all. I interviewed there and received positive feed back and felt as if recruiters were completely unresponsive. Clearly because of the young environment and thrown around "important titles" these employees feel very entitled. Which completely contradicts the company mission and values that drew me in from the start. I also thought it was VERY unprofessional to have a senior level "manager" who looked barely 25 interview me who clearly was tired and kept trying to conceal yawns the entire interview and obviously was not paying attention to me. The interview questions are basic and don't really drive at anything worthwhile. Getting hired here seems like a luck of the draw so good luck. Even if I got an offer I wouldn't have accepted it especially seeing as that pay WAY below the national average.

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

Starts with a phone interview. Then you have to wait about 2 weeks to hear if you are invented to interview in person. I applied online. The phone interview was relatively basic. It lasts about 20 minutes. Basically you go through your resume and explain your experience. They were interested in why you applied to Advisory Board in the first place.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you weren't as organized as possible and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

I was referred into The Advisory Board and received contact from a recruiter within a week to set up a Skype interview. Unfortunately the recruiter did not understand that I am an experienced corporate marketing professional and they wanted to interview my for what is essentially a "sales" job within the organization. We discussed that I would be a better fit for another position posted on their website. The recruiter was going to forward my resume along to the right individual, but I never heard anything from them again.

I sent a think you email and... nothing. I sent a follow-up email and again... nothing. To me it seems rather unprofessional to not respond to thank yous or follow-up especially when you are referred into the organization.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.