Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.6

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Straightforward questions and easy process. Interviewed with a few different employees. Phone interview first followed by an interview in DC at the offices. I felt prepared for all interviews, but you definitely need to have your answers prepared!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose your school and how would you change its administration?   Answer Question

I did not think it was the right fit.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Was efficient and quick. I had two interviews with a total of three people - all were friendly and full of information

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst course you took in college and why   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary, but flexible on start date and helpful with housing tips

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2014.

Interview

I would not recommend this company at all. I interviewed there and received positive feed back and felt as if recruiters were completely unresponsive. Clearly because of the young environment and thrown around "important titles" these employees feel very entitled. Which completely contradicts the company mission and values that drew me in from the start. I also thought it was VERY unprofessional to have a senior level "manager" who looked barely 25 interview me who clearly was tired and kept trying to conceal yawns the entire interview and obviously was not paying attention to me. The interview questions are basic and don't really drive at anything worthwhile. Getting hired here seems like a luck of the draw so good luck. Even if I got an offer I wouldn't have accepted it especially seeing as that pay WAY below the national average.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

Interview

Starts with a phone interview. Then you have to wait about 2 weeks to hear if you are invented to interview in person. I applied online. The phone interview was relatively basic. It lasts about 20 minutes. Basically you go through your resume and explain your experience. They were interested in why you applied to Advisory Board in the first place.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you weren't as organized as possible and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Interview

I was referred into The Advisory Board and received contact from a recruiter within a week to set up a Skype interview. Unfortunately the recruiter did not understand that I am an experienced corporate marketing professional and they wanted to interview my for what is essentially a "sales" job within the organization. We discussed that I would be a better fit for another position posted on their website. The recruiter was going to forward my resume along to the right individual, but I never heard anything from them again. I sent a think you email and... nothing. I sent a follow-up email and again... nothing. To me it seems rather unprofessional to not respond to thank yous or follow-up especially when you are referred into the organization.

Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

They initially interviewed me for a marketing associate position, I made it past the first round (over the phone) and they emailed to tell me I had been invited to interview them at the DC office. However, they told me I would have to pay for travel expenses, etc. I honestly could not afford to pay for that so I wrote back and expressed me high interest in the company, but declined to continue with the interview process. The next day, HR contacted me again saying their international team had agreed to a Skype interview. I accepted, and I am scheduled to interview with them soon.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why did you choose your College? What attracted you to the Advisory Board Company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

If they are not planning on funding your travel expenses for an in person interview, express your interest in the company and they will most likely offer an alternative, like Skype

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

Phone interview - a week after I applied for the job, I received a phone inteview request. The questions were nothing unexpected. The interviewer was very nice and helpful, but sounded like she just needed it to get it overwith so she could move on to the next one.

Interview Questions

• No terribly unexpected questions: How do you think you can benefit from your liberal arts education? Tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I was referred by a current employee and after submitting my application materials I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. The interview was very standard interview with an HR manager. The Manager was rather cold and seemed generally uninterested in what I had to said. It seemed like she was reading off a script.

Interview Questions

• Manager asked me what I would change about the university I attended.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website and was scheduled a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was basically just talking to a HR person about my resume. She also asked me my basic understanding of the company, a difficult decision/experience in college and the process I took to overcome it. That day I received an email granting me an in person interview in 2 weeks. I was scheduled two interviews 1:1 and 2:1. The questions were pretty much the same in both meetings. They explained the position in great detail and asked how my characteristics aligned with someone they are seeking. They asked me to pick a part on my resume to go more in depth with (opportunity to brag). Each meeting was 30 min and they don't allow you to go over that time limit which I think is unfair.