Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

92 interviews

2.6

92 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2012.

One phone interview with HR, followed by an on-site interview with 2 interviewers. Made you feel that they were happy to have you there, overall it was a good experience. Interview is focused on your resume and knowing what the position entails.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you achieved it   Answer Question
  • Say you could talk to the person taking over your current position. What advice would you give them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2012.

Most efficient interview process ever. I applied online, heard back from them via email within a week. Had a phone interview the next week and went in for the in-person interview the week after.

Questions are pretty standard...they definitely have a script that they pretty much stick to.

Questions:
    Why your college?
    Why your interest in healthcare?
    What drew you to the Marketing associate position?
    What is your understanding of the position?
    How would you describe ABC?
    Describe a position you've had that makes you best qualified for this position.
    Weakness?
    What do you think your biggest challenge would be in this position?
    What motivates you?
    Describe a situation where you had to use presentation skills.

Interview Questions
    • What is your understanding of the position?   View Answer
    Not much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2012.

ABC conducts a speedy and professional interview process. They seem to have an excellent HR department that was accessible and helpful throughout the process. I had four interviews: two over the phone, and two at their HQ. The interviews, while not especially difficult, seem to be based on fit. The interviewers we very friendly and really want to get to know you as a candidate; i.e. questions about personal traits, interest in the industry, and communication skills.

Interview Questions
    It is an entry level postion with no ability to negotiate the initial offer.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

The phone interviewer basically read from a script of questions (someone in another glassdoor review listed the exact questions and exact order that I was presented with in my interview). Basically what you like about your university, what advice you would give to make the university better, why you chose it, what your understanding of the company was etc. Definitely read the company information before the interview as I'm sure they have a rubric format for candidate evaluations. Don't be put off by the dry tone, I got the second round and my interviewer could not be less engaging.

Interview Questions

Their salaries are not the best -- other offers on the table.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2012.

Contacted for a phone interview where they read off a series of questions like describe a challenge you had to overcome, when was a time you failed at something what was the outcome and had did you deal with it. very straight forward and sounded like they were reading from a script. At the in person interview it was a panel of two interviewers that read off similar questions to the phone interview and took note as you talked, then they left and two more people came in that pretty much asked you the same questions, i guess to see if your answers varied.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an experience where you failed at something. what was the experience, what did you do, the outcome, and how would you change it for the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

This was an on campus recruiting interview. It was behavioral and consisted of questions like walk me through your resume etc. The two women who interviewed me were really young and a little unprofessional. It was not a good experience.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

HR screening, 20 minute phone interview, in person 1 on 1, in person 1 on 2 with you office managers

basic questions:
    -walk us through your resume
    -what 2 adjectives would you use to describe yourself
    -when did you fail, and what did you do?
    -what was your best accomplishment during high school? (weird, i know)

they are kind, have a beautiful office, and a young, vibrant work place. it was a very positive interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best accomplishment from high school?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you failed and how you compensated for it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

met with two groups of two young professionals. first interview very relaxed, second with hiring manager not pleasant at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

Most of the questions that are listed for on this page for the Marketing Associate role were asked. Don't get concerned when during the phone interview it sounds like the interviewer is not enthusiastic. They are reading off a pretty specific set of questions. The in person interviews were much the same. A set of questions that you were asked by both interviewers. Make sure to take notes during the interview so that you don't answer the second person's questions without relating the new information you learned.
    When they say two weeks they mean. I was contacted for the final interviews and the offer exactly two weeks from the day. The most important thing is to be honest and show that this is something that you are passionate about and something you are willing to put in the work to learn about.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Everyone starts with the same base salary with review in 6 months. It's a great offer for an entry level job.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

After going through the full interview process (including an in-person interview at the SF office), I was told that decisions would be made by the end of December/early January. I emailed the interviewers I spoke with in late December just before the holidays to connect again, and did not get a response. I have still not heard back from anyone, and it has been more than a month since my interviews were completed (I'm not holding my breath). I don't mind not getting an offer, but at least I would know where I stand if that had been communicated to me. After the company had made a relatively good impression on me early on in the process during the phone interviews, I do not feel the same way emerging from the whole thing. Based on the lack of communication/follow-through/professionalism, I am glad to not be working there. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pick your college? (This was not difficult, but rather just plain silly given how long ago that decision was made and given that there are so many other ways to gauge decision-making skills based on four years of going to college and all of the internships/jobs/extracurriculars during that time.)   Answer Question