Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
91 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2012.

Interview Details – Most efficient interview process ever. I applied online, heard back from them via email within a week. Had a phone interview the next week and went in for the in-person interview the week after.

Questions are pretty standard...they definitely have a script that they pretty much stick to.

Questions:
Why your college?
Why your interest in healthcare?
What drew you to the Marketing associate position?
What is your understanding of the position?
How would you describe ABC?
Describe a position you've had that makes you best qualified for this position.
Weakness?
What do you think your biggest challenge would be in this position?
What motivates you?
Describe a situation where you had to use presentation skills.

Interview Question – What is your understanding of the position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation

Washington, DC

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2012.

Interview Details – ABC conducts a speedy and professional interview process. They seem to have an excellent HR department that was accessible and helpful throughout the process. I had four interviews: two over the phone, and two at their HQ. The interviews, while not especially difficult, seem to be based on fit. The interviewers we very friendly and really want to get to know you as a candidate; i.e. questions about personal traits, interest in the industry, and communication skills.

Interview Question – Standard fit questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is an entry level postion with no ability to negotiate the initial offer.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview Details – The phone interviewer basically read from a script of questions (someone in another glassdoor review listed the exact questions and exact order that I was presented with in my interview). Basically what you like about your university, what advice you would give to make the university better, why you chose it, what your understanding of the company was etc. Definitely read the company information before the interview as I'm sure they have a rubric format for candidate evaluations. Don't be put off by the dry tone, I got the second round and my interviewer could not be less engaging.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Their salaries are not the best -- other offers on the table.

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted for a phone interview where they read off a series of questions like describe a challenge you had to overcome, when was a time you failed at something what was the outcome and had did you deal with it. very straight forward and sounded like they were reading from a script. At the in person interview it was a panel of two interviewers that read off similar questions to the phone interview and took note as you talked, then they left and two more people came in that pretty much asked you the same questions, i guess to see if your answers varied.

Interview Question – Describe an experience where you failed at something. what was the experience, what did you do, the outcome, and how would you change it for the future.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview Details – This was an on campus recruiting interview. It was behavioral and consisted of questions like walk me through your resume etc. The two women who interviewed me were really young and a little unprofessional. It was not a good experience.

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2012.

Interview Details – HR screening, 20 minute phone interview, in person 1 on 1, in person 1 on 2 with you office managers

basic questions:
-walk us through your resume
-what 2 adjectives would you use to describe yourself
-when did you fail, and what did you do?
-what was your best accomplishment during high school? (weird, i know)

they are kind, have a beautiful office, and a young, vibrant work place. it was a very positive interview experience.

Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

Interview Details – met with two groups of two young professionals. first interview very relaxed, second with hiring manager not pleasant at all.

Interview Question – give me a sales pitch   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2012.

Interview Details – Most of the questions that are listed for on this page for the Marketing Associate role were asked. Don't get concerned when during the phone interview it sounds like the interviewer is not enthusiastic. They are reading off a pretty specific set of questions. The in person interviews were much the same. A set of questions that you were asked by both interviewers. Make sure to take notes during the interview so that you don't answer the second person's questions without relating the new information you learned.
When they say two weeks they mean. I was contacted for the final interviews and the offer exactly two weeks from the day. The most important thing is to be honest and show that this is something that you are passionate about and something you are willing to put in the work to learn about.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone starts with the same base salary with review in 6 months. It's a great offer for an entry level job.

San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2011.

Interview Details – After going through the full interview process (including an in-person interview at the SF office), I was told that decisions would be made by the end of December/early January. I emailed the interviewers I spoke with in late December just before the holidays to connect again, and did not get a response. I have still not heard back from anyone, and it has been more than a month since my interviews were completed (I'm not holding my breath). I don't mind not getting an offer, but at least I would know where I stand if that had been communicated to me. After the company had made a relatively good impression on me early on in the process during the phone interviews, I do not feel the same way emerging from the whole thing. Based on the lack of communication/follow-through/professionalism, I am glad to not be working there. Good luck!

Interview Question – Why did you pick your college? (This was not difficult, but rather just plain silly given how long ago that decision was made and given that there are so many other ways to gauge decision-making skills based on four years of going to college and all of the internships/jobs/extracurriculars during that time.)   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied through my college job board and submitted a resume and cover letter. Within a few weeks I was offered a phone interview that was a basic HR screening...since the role involves a lot of phone calling, they're looking for effective communicators. The following week I was invited down to the main office for a gauntlet of in-person interviews. Managers from across the department interviewed me one-on-one and in panels and asked me to walk through my resume, describe something in my major that I found interesting, and some of the standard screening questions. Again, they're looking for good grades and effective communicators who aren't afraid to get on the phone with strangers.

Interview Question – Can you walk me through your resume?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation; They called me to describe an offer, emailed me a form to sign and fax to them and gave me a deadline of roughly two weeks to say yes or no. I asked for more time, and they wouldn't even give me that.