Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was shortly contacted by the company to set up a preliminary phone interview. The interview was straight forward, asking about my resume and both my working and academic experiences. Following the phone interview I was contacted and informed that I would be visiting the DC office for a series of interviews and a tour. My visit consisted of three interviews and a tour/lunch that served as an informal interview.

Interview Questions

• The one question I stumbled on was when I was asked "What do you consider your proudest accomplishment from the past few years?"   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted after 3 weeks for a phone screen. The lady who interviewed me was kind of cold. Was not called back.

Interview Questions

• The interview was fairly basic. Questions included why do you want to work as a marketing associate? How did you hear about the Advisory Board? And some questions about my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I saw the ad for the Marketing Associate role on Monster.com. Sent in my resume and got called back for a phone interview with a hiring manager. Conversation lasted 30 minutes, basically asked about my resume and some standard questions (which are listed in previous reviews). Got called back for an in-office interview a couple weeks later. In-office interview: lasted one hour. first 30 minutes with chief of staff members. They were really nice and pleasant ladies who weren't very intimidating. Asked questions about my resume and some situational questions as well. next 30 minutes were with some terrible chief of staff ladies. they were mean, aggressive, and just rude. they obviously didn't want to be conducting interviews, and i swear they were just itching to get back to their desks and check facebook. they asked the same questions as the first pair of ladies, so very redundant. had to email them two weeks later to see how the process was going. they called back immediately after with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in September 2012.

Interview

I met a Senior Director with ABC at a political event in Washington DC, and he encouraged me to apply for the Associate Position at ABC. I am a college senior interviewing with around 7 companies right now. I submitted a resume and was contacted within 2 weeks for a phone interview. The phone interview was very simple (walk me through your resume, what do you know about this position, etc). I was then contacted about 2 weeks later and told that I was invited to the DC office for a second round interview consisting of a lunch with a current marketing associate and a couple interviews with directors and HR at the compnay

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you have managed competing priorities and if you were successful in doing so.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advisory Board (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Found the job listing on Indeed.com, sent in resume, was contacted about a week later asking for an over the phone interview

Interview Questions

• How did you find this job? What kind of jobs are you looking at? What excites you about the position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied through the posting at my school. Was invited for an initial on-campus interview. The woman who interviewed me was bizarre--not very put-together, seemed unhappy, did not crack a smile once during the interview. Initial interview involved relatively basic questions. I did not think the interview went well at all because of her negative attitude. After a few weeks I had not heard back and assumed that they had decided to pursue other candidates. Then, almost two months after the interview, I received an email inviting me to the DC office for the final round of interviews. The interview consisted of first meeting with a current Marketing Associate who showed me around the office, explained the processes, answered some of my questions, etc. I then had two 1 on 1 thirty minute interviews. The questions were asked at a relatively fast pace and were all behavioral. There was about 5 minutes at the end of each for me to ask questions. After the interviews, the same Marketing Associate who showed me around in the morning took me to lunch. Overall, the interview lasted just the morning (from around 10 to noon). I received an offer 3 days later. The company has a very high-energy culture and focuses a lot on young talent. The work environment seemed very supportive, with much encouragement and support from peers.

Interview Questions

• Questions: What do you know about ABC? What drew you to the Marketing Associate position? What is your understanding of the position? How would you describe ABC and the work environment? What do you perceive would be your biggest challenge in this position?   Answer Question

I declined the offer for two reasons: the salary they were offering ($35,000 with a $5,000 incentive plan) was too low and there was little job progression. The money was the biggest thing for me. It would have been nearly impossible to live in DC off of that and I would have been unable to save the amount of money I wanted to. In addition, career progression seemed minimal, particularly monetarily. I spoke with several employees about career progression, and it seemed as though 5 years down the road I could not expect to be making much more than $45,000. Otherwise, I absolutely loved the company and would have worked for them in a heartbeat had those two issues been resolved.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Most efficient interview process ever. I applied online, heard back from them via email within a week. Had a phone interview the next week and went in for the in-person interview the week after. Questions are pretty standard...they definitely have a script that they pretty much stick to. Questions: Why your college? Why your interest in healthcare? What drew you to the Marketing associate position? What is your understanding of the position? How would you describe ABC? Describe a position you've had that makes you best qualified for this position. Weakness? What do you think your biggest challenge would be in this position? What motivates you? Describe a situation where you had to use presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

One phone interview with HR, followed by an on-site interview with 2 interviewers. Made you feel that they were happy to have you there, overall it was a good experience. Interview is focused on your resume and knowing what the position entails.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you achieved it   Answer Question
    • Say you could talk to the person taking over your current position. What advice would you give them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

I initially found out about ABC through a family friend and decided to apply for the marketing associate role. I had a phone screening with HR, the woman was pretty nice and asked very basic, behavior questions. Since this role requires a lot of phone calls, the phone screening is very import to the company. 2 weeks later I was invited down to DC for a final round of interviews. They paid for my hotel and transportation to DC which was awesome. The interview questions were once again fairly basic. The managers were pretty nice but it was clear they were interviewing many other candidates that day. It could have been slightly more organized. Nobody told me how long it would take for the company to get back to me. After 2 weeks, I tried emailing my interviewers. After 3 weeks I tried calling them, and still no response. It was not until I emailed them, telling them I had an offer from another firm that I finally received an email saying I did not get the job. ABC seems like a great place to work but their HR department is kind of in shambles.

Application

Interview

ABC conducts a speedy and professional interview process. They seem to have an excellent HR department that was accessible and helpful throughout the process. I had four interviews: two over the phone, and two at their HQ. The interviews, while not especially difficult, seem to be based on fit. The interviewers we very friendly and really want to get to know you as a candidate; i.e. questions about personal traits, interest in the industry, and communication skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is an entry level postion with no ability to negotiate the initial offer.