Advisory Board

Updated Aug 13, 2014

2.6

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions
  • Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

I applied on the website and was scheduled a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was basically just talking to a HR person about my resume. She also asked me my basic understanding of the company, a difficult decision/experience in college and the process I took to overcome it. That day I received an email granting me an in person interview in 2 weeks. I was scheduled two interviews 1:1 and 2:1. The questions were pretty much the same in both meetings. They explained the position in great detail and asked how my characteristics aligned with someone they are seeking. They asked me to pick a part on my resume to go more in depth with (opportunity to brag). Each meeting was 30 min and they don't allow you to go over that time limit which I think is unfair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in June 2013.

Initial first round telephone interview. Two addition in-person one on two interviews in the Washington DC office. Career Management is easy to work with to schedule interviews. Interviewers ask easy questions. Be prepared to walk through your resume and answer questions as related to the Company's core values (found on their website).

Interview Questions
    • Describe your writing style. Describe a time you dropped the ball.   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable salary. Asked for moving allowance instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Applied through university career services. Was contacted for a phone interview. About a month later I was invited for an on sight interview. Interviewed with two Chief of Staffs. Then taken out to lunch with a current Marketing Associate.

Interview Questions
    • What do you forsee as being the hardest part of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I had a phone interview and was called to interview in their DC office. The interview was fine. I went in and had a brief tour of the office with another candidate. I then had two interviews, both with two employees. They were very young and it was a little strange to interview with someone who was almost as inexperienced as I am.... I then went out to lunch with a different employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2013.

Got an email after a month of submitting my application. The position was for something that was completely different that what I had applied for. When inquiring about the issue, the HR rep just shrugged it off and insisted that she thought I'd be a good candidate for her particular position she was recruiting for. In some magical way, I found myself being flown to their HQ and interviewing with four people for a role that I never applied for 2/4 people in the interview panel showed up late and then continued to ask why I was interviewing for the position when my skills seemed to match another role. It was pretty frustrating. The current employee that I know working there later verified for me that their HR is a mess.

Interview Questions
    • They churn a lot of marketing associates out because they don't meet their numbers, so a lot of the questions were about hitting targets and being comfortable with the fact that you were basically going to get fired within a year if you didn't make your sales. This is probably why they are trying to get everyone to interview for this position because it's always in demand.   Answer Question

This is the most ridiculous recruiting process I've ever been through. Imagine what would be down the line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and got a referral from someone in the company I knew. A month later I had a phone interview. About three weeks after the phone interview I was invited to an on-site interview. I did the on-site interview about three months after the phone interview. I got an offer 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2013.

I applied online and was shortly contacted by the company to set up a preliminary phone interview. The interview was straight forward, asking about my resume and both my working and academic experiences. Following the phone interview I was contacted and informed that I would be visiting the DC office for a series of interviews and a tour. My visit consisted of three interviews and a tour/lunch that served as an informal interview.

Interview Questions
    • The one question I stumbled on was when I was asked "What do you consider your proudest accomplishment from the past few years?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2012.

Applied online and was contacted after 3 weeks for a phone screen. The lady who interviewed me was kind of cold. Was not called back.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was fairly basic. Questions included why do you want to work as a marketing associate? How did you hear about the Advisory Board? And some questions about my resume.   Answer Question