Advisory Board Marketing Associate Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 7, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

A phone interview followed by 2 in person interviews and an office tour/breakfast with a current associate. The in person interviews are very fast paced so you have to think quickly on your feet. Make sure you know exactly what the Marketing Associates do and exactly what The Advisory Board does because they will ask in your interviews.

Interview Questions

• What does the advisory board do? Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and succeeded   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Two weeks, applied online and then had two phone screenings. After the phone interview was an in person interview with several members of the department. The interview was easy, low stress. It seemed like they just wanted to confirm you're a normal person rather than determining special skills and qualifications

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with the Marketing chief of staff. It was mostly behavioral and I could tell that they were looking for someone who understood what the company did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Applied online and received an email a couple of weeks later to schedule an initial screening phone interview (walk me through your resume/ tell me about yourself etc). Scheduled for a second phone interview then flown in for super day in DC.

Interview Questions

• Basic tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, why this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone interview. Very easy, simple questions. Was invited out to DC for a preview day. Everyone was very nice and knowledgeable. Three one on one interviews and a lunch with a current associate. Nothing too complex- be prepared to share knowledge and interests regarding the healthcare industry and how your experiences align with the position at hand.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied on the website and was scheduled a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was basically just talking to a HR person about my resume. She also asked me my basic understanding of the company, a difficult decision/experience in college and the process I took to overcome it. That day I received an email granting me an in person interview in 2 weeks. I was scheduled two interviews 1:1 and 2:1. The questions were pretty much the same in both meetings. They explained the position in great detail and asked how my characteristics aligned with someone they are seeking. They asked me to pick a part on my resume to go more in depth with (opportunity to brag). Each meeting was 30 min and they don't allow you to go over that time limit which I think is unfair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2013.

Interview

Initial first round telephone interview. Two addition in-person one on two interviews in the Washington DC office. Career Management is easy to work with to schedule interviews. Interviewers ask easy questions. Be prepared to walk through your resume and answer questions as related to the Company's core values (found on their website).

Interview Questions

• Describe your writing style. Describe a time you dropped the ball.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable salary. Asked for moving allowance instead.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied through university career services. Was contacted for a phone interview. About a month later I was invited for an on sight interview. Interviewed with two Chief of Staffs. Then taken out to lunch with a current Marketing Associate.

Interview Questions

• What do you forsee as being the hardest part of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I had a phone interview and was called to interview in their DC office. The interview was fine. I went in and had a brief tour of the office with another candidate. I then had two interviews, both with two employees. They were very young and it was a little strange to interview with someone who was almost as inexperienced as I am.... I then went out to lunch with a different employee.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2013.

Interview

Got an email after a month of submitting my application. The position was for something that was completely different that what I had applied for. When inquiring about the issue, the HR rep just shrugged it off and insisted that she thought I'd be a good candidate for her particular position she was recruiting for. In some magical way, I found myself being flown to their HQ and interviewing with four people for a role that I never applied for 2/4 people in the interview panel showed up late and then continued to ask why I was interviewing for the position when my skills seemed to match another role. It was pretty frustrating. The current employee that I know working there later verified for me that their HR is a mess.

Interview Questions

• They churn a lot of marketing associates out because they don't meet their numbers, so a lot of the questions were about hitting targets and being comfortable with the fact that you were basically going to get fired within a year if you didn't make your sales. This is probably why they are trying to get everyone to interview for this position because it's always in demand.   Answer Question

This is the most ridiculous recruiting process I've ever been through. Imagine what would be down the line.