Advisory Board

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in August 2012.

I saw the job posting on LinkedIn, and was sent to their website. There was an application (it was about four to six pages long, I can't remember), and you also attached your resume and cover letter. After submitting the application, I got an immediate e-mail confirmation on the receipt of my application. I was kind of excited about the position, because it actually wasn't for a marketing associate (and it was entry level).

About a week later, I was contacted via e-mail to set up an interview. She said the interview could be in-person, or done over the phone. I decided to go in person, because it helps to put a face to a resume. I e-mailed back in forth frequently with the person I would be interviewing with, and she was very helpful. She made sure I had directions, and knew the closest metro to their office.

I arrive to my interview about 20 minutes early, and patiently waited for my interviewer. As many others have noted, there is a sign in sheet, and it is always very full. They even have rooms specifically designed for interviews - a clear sign there is high turnover. Anyway, my interviewer shows up about 15 minutes later, after repeated requests from the secretary that I am waiting.

My interview lasted about 15 minutes. The questions were very standard, and everyone has already pointed them out here. However, the entire interview, it was clear she was not listening. She was either looking over my shoulder, or repeating "uh-huh, awesome!" while nodding her head. Again, another clear sign she has a lot of interviews.

After I left the interview, I was told that I should hear back within a week or so. True to her word, one week later I was e-mailed and told that I would not be moving on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Merchandising Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online and received an email the next week asking my availability for a phone interivew. I responded and heard nothing for a few days, at which point I received the same form email again asking my availability for a phone interview. I responded and heard back this time.

It only lasted around 15 minutes. The interviewer was very disinterested and it sounded like she wasn't even listening to what I said. "Uh huh, yep, great" after a long silence when I would answer a question and she was zoned out. Standard questions like how did you find out about ABC, why do you want to work in healthcare etc. The questions were heavily focused on my classes at school which I thought was odd because I have several years of internships and full-time work experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about salary expectations which I thought was a little odd for a phone interview.   Answer Question