Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

27 interviews

2.6

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

Applied online, received email for phone interview a couple days later. Phone interview took maybe 20 minutes. Recruiter was very professional and introduced herself (her role in the company) prior to asking questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board.

I'm not too sure what to say. I was contacted two days after I submitted my online application for an interview. They were very fast in scheduling interview, and I spent a long time prepping for it. However, when the interview day came, I did not receive any call. I inquired about this to the coordinator, and I called the desk of a person that was supposed to interview me, and left a message. After that, well, I heard nothing. I was a bit disappointed because I used to have a good perception about this company. The least they could do was to tell me the job position is closed, or give me a short explanation as to why they just stopped contacting me after setting up interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online through the Advisory Board career website. I initially applied for the New Product Development position, but after a call with HR, they thought that I should apply for the Research Analyst role instead.

Phone interview: About 30 minutes. Why Advisory Board? Tell me about a project you did that was innovative?
    On-site: 3 in-person interviews. 2 were case interviews and 1 was a behavioral interview. Also had a 1 page writing-sample.

Interview Questions
    • Case questions were odd, but I went through the consulting interview process so I was pretty. Definitely know how to case   Answer Question

I got another offer at a different firm that appealed to me more.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

I applied to Advisory Board online and received a request for an interview a few days later from a recruiter. The phone interview, scheduled approx. 2 weeks later, was very easy. No behavioral questions, nothing beyond my resume and why I was interested in the company. The woman interviewing me was very kind and professional. I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I found it unexpected that no "true" interview questions were asked (only a resume review)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

3 parts to the interview: personal interview and case study with junior-level research assistants, 1 hour writing/research session, (lunch break), and another personal interview/case study with more senior-level research employees. Interview questions seemed repetitive, as if they had not coordinated with each other which employee would target which areas. Staff didn't seem unfriendly, but cold and unenthusiastic about the work.

Research Analyst Interview

Interview was pretty straightforward - questions about experience and fit with the company.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview (~1 week). Like others have said the phone interview was a very basic screening type. Basically just talking through your resume with someone from HR, with just a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • asking what I learned from every part of my resume, including things that would not be relevant to this position   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Alumni refer, got back for phone interview quickly. Pretty standard phone interview style, covered same questions other posts mentioned. Interviewer seemed to read off a list of questions and really looked into your experience in healthcare industry. Same as other posts mentioned, if you don't have related experience, interviewer's interest went down as you could probably feel. The overall process was quite professional.

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Advisory Board.

I was referred in - definitely the best route to go at this company since they're huge on cultural fit. The folks in HR were extremely nice. The interview process was definitely tough though. The first round is typical behavioral to evaluate fit but there are several cases and typically a writing test. I felt the interview was fair though, no tricks.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to answer very specific questions about your resume   Answer Question
    Minimal room to negotiate but give it a shot

Research Analyst Interview

Difficult and time consuming-- it's an honor if you get through all the rounds.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!