Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I'm not too sure what to say. I was contacted two days after I submitted my online application for an interview. They were very fast in scheduling interview, and I spent a long time prepping for it. However, when the interview day came, I did not receive any call. I inquired about this to the coordinator, and I called the desk of a person that was supposed to interview me, and left a message. After that, well, I heard nothing. I was a bit disappointed because I used to have a good perception about this company. The least they could do was to tell me the job position is closed, or give me a short explanation as to why they just stopped contacting me after setting up interview.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Advisory Board career website. I initially applied for the New Product Development position, but after a call with HR, they thought that I should apply for the Research Analyst role instead.

Phone interview: About 30 minutes. Why Advisory Board? Tell me about a project you did that was innovative?
On-site: 3 in-person interviews. 2 were case interviews and 1 was a behavioral interview. Also had a 1 page writing-sample.

Interview Question – Case questions were odd, but I went through the consulting interview process so I was pretty. Definitely know how to case   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another offer at a different firm that appealed to me more.

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to Advisory Board online and received a request for an interview a few days later from a recruiter. The phone interview, scheduled approx. 2 weeks later, was very easy. No behavioral questions, nothing beyond my resume and why I was interested in the company. The woman interviewing me was very kind and professional. I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Question – I found it unexpected that no "true" interview questions were asked (only a resume review)   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – 3 parts to the interview: personal interview and case study with junior-level research assistants, 1 hour writing/research session, (lunch break), and another personal interview/case study with more senior-level research employees. Interview questions seemed repetitive, as if they had not coordinated with each other which employee would target which areas. Staff didn't seem unfriendly, but cold and unenthusiastic about the work.

Interview Question – Asked to walk-through a case study.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Interview was pretty straightforward - questions about experience and fit with the company.

Interview Question – Case study question about a hospital.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview (~1 week). Like others have said the phone interview was a very basic screening type. Basically just talking through your resume with someone from HR, with just a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – asking what I learned from every part of my resume, including things that would not be relevant to this position   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Advisory Board in May 2013.

Interview Details – Alumni refer, got back for phone interview quickly. Pretty standard phone interview style, covered same questions other posts mentioned. Interviewer seemed to read off a list of questions and really looked into your experience in healthcare industry. Same as other posts mentioned, if you don't have related experience, interviewer's interest went down as you could probably feel. The overall process was quite professional.

Interview Question – What surprised you most in your research findings?   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was referred in - definitely the best route to go at this company since they're huge on cultural fit. The folks in HR were extremely nice. The interview process was definitely tough though. The first round is typical behavioral to evaluate fit but there are several cases and typically a writing test. I felt the interview was fair though, no tricks.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer very specific questions about your resume   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal room to negotiate but give it a shot

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Difficult and time consuming-- it's an honor if you get through all the rounds.

Interview Question – The case study questions were hard.   Answer Question

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted about 2 weeks after submitting my application online for a first round phone screen. I was hesitant to even apply here because I have heard overwhelmingly negative things about the company from friends who have interviewed/worked there. Interviewer was pleasant enough but the questions were not standard phone screen questions- other reviewers have said what they were. About a week later they contacted me saying I did not move forward.

Interview Question – how has your writing changed over time?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Research Analyst interview questions and advice. All 26 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.