Advisory Board

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.6

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Very clear and straightforward. First phone interview was just behavioral. Second round was 2 cases, didn't get to the third. The first case was just a basic math problem. The second was an open ended case given some numbers, asking about what areas a non-profit hospital could invest in. It was hard because both seemed more confusing at first but really were very straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • Asked about a return on investment for things a hospital could do to spur growth.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Applied online, then had a phone interview which was all behavioral. Was invited to their DC office for further interviewing. Three sessions of cases and behavioral. They really want someone who is specifically interested in health and medicine.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to elaborate on past research experience and why I was interested specifically in the advisory board.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in October 2014.

Phone interview--contacted by email. Be able to explain a time you went through a research process and why you're interested in the company. Tell them why you enjoy research and why this particular position excites you or is a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • Simple process with basic questions to get to know you.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board in September 2014.

submitted resume through college, passed the resume review and invited to screening interview, answer a few behavioral questions, basically talk about your self, why did you choose your school and tell me about one of your research experience

Interview Questions
    • nothing really stood out to me as difficult to answer, but my research experience was obviously was not outstanding so that didn't really help   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Applied online, received email for phone interview a couple days later. Phone interview took maybe 20 minutes. Recruiter was very professional and introduced herself (her role in the company) prior to asking questions.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I'm not too sure what to say. I was contacted two days after I submitted my online application for an interview. They were very fast in scheduling interview, and I spent a long time prepping for it. However, when the interview day came, I did not receive any call. I inquired about this to the coordinator, and I called the desk of a person that was supposed to interview me, and left a message. After that, well, I heard nothing. I was a bit disappointed because I used to have a good perception about this company. The least they could do was to tell me the job position is closed, or give me a short explanation as to why they just stopped contacting me after setting up interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online through the Advisory Board career website. I initially applied for the New Product Development position, but after a call with HR, they thought that I should apply for the Research Analyst role instead.

Phone interview: About 30 minutes. Why Advisory Board? Tell me about a project you did that was innovative?
    On-site: 3 in-person interviews. 2 were case interviews and 1 was a behavioral interview. Also had a 1 page writing-sample.

Interview Questions
    • Case questions were odd, but I went through the consulting interview process so I was pretty. Definitely know how to case   Answer Question

I got another offer at a different firm that appealed to me more.

Research Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

3 parts to the interview: personal interview and case study with junior-level research assistants, 1 hour writing/research session, (lunch break), and another personal interview/case study with more senior-level research employees. Interview questions seemed repetitive, as if they had not coordinated with each other which employee would target which areas. Staff didn't seem unfriendly, but cold and unenthusiastic about the work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in February 2014.

I applied to Advisory Board online and received a request for an interview a few days later from a recruiter. The phone interview, scheduled approx. 2 weeks later, was very easy. No behavioral questions, nothing beyond my resume and why I was interested in the company. The woman interviewing me was very kind and professional. I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • I found it unexpected that no "true" interview questions were asked (only a resume review)   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Interview was pretty straightforward - questions about experience and fit with the company.