Advisory Board Research Analyst Interview Questions in Washington, DC

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Interview

Applied online, then had a phone interview which was all behavioral. Was invited to their DC office for further interviewing. Three sessions of cases and behavioral. They really want someone who is specifically interested in health and medicine.

Interview Questions

• Asked to elaborate on past research experience and why I was interested specifically in the advisory board.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview--contacted by email. Be able to explain a time you went through a research process and why you're interested in the company. Tell them why you enjoy research and why this particular position excites you or is a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Simple process with basic questions to get to know you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I applied online through the Advisory Board career website. I initially applied for the New Product Development position, but after a call with HR, they thought that I should apply for the Research Analyst role instead. Phone interview: About 30 minutes. Why Advisory Board? Tell me about a project you did that was innovative? On-site: 3 in-person interviews. 2 were case interviews and 1 was a behavioral interview. Also had a 1 page writing-sample.

Interview Questions

• Case questions were odd, but I went through the consulting interview process so I was pretty. Definitely know how to case   Answer Question

I got another offer at a different firm that appealed to me more.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied to Advisory Board online and received a request for an interview a few days later from a recruiter. The phone interview, scheduled approx. 2 weeks later, was very easy. No behavioral questions, nothing beyond my resume and why I was interested in the company. The woman interviewing me was very kind and professional. I was rejected 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• I found it unexpected that no "true" interview questions were asked (only a resume review)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and was contacted shortly after for a phone interview (~1 week). Like others have said the phone interview was a very basic screening type. Basically just talking through your resume with someone from HR, with just a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• asking what I learned from every part of my resume, including things that would not be relevant to this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

Was emailed about having a phone interview. When the time came, the interviewer was 5-10minutes late and the interview only lasted about 15 minutes. Very basic, didn't ask anything too difficult. Went in for an in-person interview. It lasted pretty much all day and included a writing sample. The case studies were difficult. My thought process wasn't quite matching up for what they were looking for

Interview Questions

• What is your writing style like? How would you change that to present it to a business party?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online Contacted shortly thereafter for a phone interview (20 min, reading basic questions off a list about background/resume) Arranged for an in-person interview within a couple of weeks, included writing test and three one on one interviews Culture was very young, seemed like they hire a bunch of young graduates who stay for two years and move on The people I talked to seemed to really love their job though and have stayed for 10 or so years

Interview Questions

• Case questions are pretty straightforward, other questions are mostly behavioral and looking for fit   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2012.

Interview

Lasted less than 18 minutes. Interviewer seemed nice.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

Referred by an employee. Took about 3 weeks for HR to contact me to schedule a phone interview. Questions were generic, resume-based questions: How has your writing changed throughout college? What is your research background? Why do you want to work for ABC? Why did you choose your college? About a week and a half later, I received an email from someone else in HR telling me that they couldn't offer me a position.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

It was about 30 minutes on the phone with a recruiter. She asked me "tell me about yourself" and how my experiences led me to be interested in this position and the company, why my university of choice and my major, describe my research experiences, my writing experiences and how my writing has changed over my college career, and what questions I had for her. I may have left out a few questions but they were of this general nature.

Interview Questions

• We know that you have experience in hard sciences, but what is your experience with writing?   Answer Question