Advisory Board

Advisory Board Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015
Updated Feb 7, 2015

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Send in an online job application. Get an email about setting up an phone screen interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes. But during the process, it is very obvious that the interviewer is reading off a list of questions.

Interview Questions
  • A list of questions about yourself and some sort related to the job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Contacted by a recruiter. The interview was around 20-30 minutes. Nothing unexpected; asked me about my research experience, interest in healthcare and 'ideal job environment.' The interview was two weeks ago and I still did not hear back. However, I got an e-mail asking me to fill out self-identification forms. It seemed like an automated e-mail so not sure what's happening.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult or unexpected question. I guess 'describe your ideal job environment' would be more on the unexpected side.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

First round interview was conducted over the phone and fairly straight forward. A lot of experience questions related to research. Be sure to prepare an answer related to a time that you conducted a research study, including methodology and findings.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your undergraduate university? When is a time that you conducted a research study?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through university career services. Received an email about a phone interview within a week. During the interview, the interviewer asked me basic behavioral questions. Prepare for the research project question. I discussed a performance I had written for a theater NGO though the interviewer asked for an academic research project example. Not sure which is better.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2014.

This normally starts via a web board. Sending in the application was relatively basic and I was contacted within a week. The interview was over the phone and lasted about 20-30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and had a broad range of questions that covered methodology and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Being questioned on your methodology can be challenging if you don't have a concrete, prepared answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I put in an application on their website and was contacted for a phone interview soon after. It was mostly fit questions and a question about a research project I've completed. After that they asked me if I would be interested in a research position. I said yes and then got the call for an interview on-site. I was interviewing for a research associate specifically with the Education Advisory Board. The original information they sent me to help prepare for their interview said I should expect a case interview. That was a little misleading. It was not the traditional case interview. Instead, it started with a writing exercise. The prompt I got asked me how a university should approach consolidating different academic programs. I was a little confused. Only when I reached the in-person interview did I realize they don't want you to case interview where you have an answer at the end, it should be more of a brainstorming session. In other words, they want you to put forward a few important things they would need to keep in mind as they try to complete this project and write it like the 5-paragraph expository essays of middle school. Maybe at the end put forward a hypothesis but no definitive conclusion is really necessary. Half of the in-person interview had this same format. The other half was a normal fit interview. They asked me again about the research project.

Interview Questions
    • What is a research project you've completed? What was your strategy and what was your biggest challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Was contacted by HR a couple days after submitting a resume online to schedule a phone interview. HR was very friendly, and conducted the usual interview screening: Tell me about your experiences and how it ties to the position; why you are interested in ADB and the position, etc. Was very prepared and the interview seemed to go over smoothly, however I was emailed later on in the week with a rejection. There were probably more qualified people.

Interview Questions
    • What would you change about your university or post-graduate university?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview was straight forward. A lot of the advice on here will come in handy. Interviewer questions mainly about my research experience, interest in health care, and university choice. I was asked about my interest in another department and told my credentials would be passed along to them too. Sent a follow-up email after no response after three weeks and didn't hear back.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I was internally referred

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions about how you would conduct research and why you chose the institution/college   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

The interview process was pretty off-putting. It seems like their HR department is really unorganized, as I was contacted by two separate recruiters to set up first round interviews. When I emailed them to let them know, neither of them reacted to the issue. My actual phone interview was uninteresting (not hard at all, all the questions are on Glassdoor), as the questions were very dry and the interviewer didn't react to anything. It was obvious she was just reading off a script. I honestly don't know how they expect to understand their potential hires with such a flippant hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a research project (methodology, findings, results, etc).   Answer Question