Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

2.5

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

The interviewer is not interacting with you what so ever, just read off the questions on the paper. Not a fun experience. Questions are just basically the ones that have already listed on the website.

Interview Questions

• What about your school administration would you change?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral and heard back 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview and was told I would hear back in 2 weeks about an interview. The recruiter was friendly, but sounded like she was reading off a script of questions.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

The day starts with a very informal get-to-know-you breakfast between candidates and current employees. There is a tour of the beautiful office space and two ensuing interviews. The first is 2-on-1 and the second is 1-1. Both interviews were very straightforward and showed how interested the company is in assessing if the interviewee is a good fit. Everyone was very welcoming and relaxed, and the overall experience was very positive.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position through my University's job website. The recruiter was scheduled to come to campus for an in-person interview, but because of bad weather it was changed to a phone interview last minute. The person I interviewed with on the phone was very easy to talk to. It flowed like a normal conversation and none of the questions were unexpected. Definitely study exactly what the position entails and why you want that position specifically. Two weeks after the phone interview I was contacted to come into the D.C. office for Preview Day. It consisted of lunch with a Marketing Associate, which was casual and we were able to ask him honest questions. Next was a 1:1 interview and another 2:1 interview. Both interviews consisted of behavioral, typical interview questions. The one question that really surprised me was about who I would want as my Graduation speaker and why. After the two interviews we got a tour of the office. Beautiful building in a great area in the city. Overall very positive experience- the interviews were nothing to stress about, no need to over prepare!

Interview Questions

• If you could have anyone speak at your graduation who would it be?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

I submitted an online application and received an email from the general HR person the following day giving me the opprotunity for a phone interview. I quickly replied but never received a response however this was over the December holidays so it may have had something to do with that. However the HR person did eventually resend the email and was quick to respond then. I had a brief 30 minunte screening interview. She asked me about my current position and had a lot of questions about my academic experience. One of the questions was an aspect of my academic experience I would change and how I do in managing goals and priorties. She was very friendly but it was a very cookie cutter interview she didn't really seem interested in what I have to say but I realize this is the way it is sometimes. She briefly went over the position and what the next steps in the interview process would be.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain what I thought the position was, not inherently difficult but was unexpected.   1 Answer

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

applied through LinkedIn, contacted shortly after for a phone interview ( I think I applied one weekend and heard back by that Monday)

Interviewer was extremely boring--felt like she did not want to be on the call at all. Also there was so much background noise that I was distracted--tried to hint that the loud background was very distracting but I don't think she was even listening. Not too bummed about no second interview offer because the salary is laughable

Interview Questions

• standard questions, they asked what I would change about school's administration   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Phone interview - very immature phone skills, interviewer seemed very young and did not add much value to the interview. I did the majority of the talking, the person interviewing seemed to be reading from a script.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you were assigned a project and had to meet certain deadlines? What was this project and how did you assure that deadlines were met?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Interview

I was given an interview through an employee referral. Within a week I had my first round interview. It lasted 45 minutes and was filled with at least a dozen questions about my resume, the company, my career goals, time management, weaknesses etc. The interviewer was very receptive and polite. She told me at the end of the interview that I would be invited to a second round in DC. She discussed my availabilities in the next two weeks and told me I should receive a confirmation email in the next two business days and I did. Overall a very positive experience. I go to DC in two weeks for my final round interview.

Interview Questions

• You're involved in a lot of extracurriculars, work and academics, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Started off with a 30 minute phone call. Very straightforward questions all listed on this website. They will ask things like why did you pick your school, what would you change about it, walk me through your resume, etc. Why ABC (a given)? After that the in person interviews consist of 2 general fit and further qualification interviews. There will be more why are you qualified for this job type questions. After that in person round, I had one more 30 minute phone interview the next week (all same questions) and received an offer the same day. I told them about another offer I had and they offered me additional relocation support and a small signing bonus. The office had a very young vibe to it. It has a great location in DC and the associate role offers great potential for upward movement after the first year.

Interview Questions

Salary too low compared to other offer. Job itself seemed like a glorified telemarketer/secretary.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

There were 3 steps for the interview process. The initial phone call which was scheduled for 30 minutes, the invite to an in office interview with marketing directors, and the follow up call with the offer. The initial phone call was pretty scripted and quick. There was not a lot of "fluff" per se, but it was not a negative experience at all. I met with 3 different people during my in person interview. Again, the sessions were 30 minutes, but the interviewers were extremely friendly and personable. I received an offer letter shortly after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you missed a detail and what occurred.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, the salary and benefits are set