Advisory Board Sales and Marketing Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.6

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Submitted resume and it took approximately one week to process. The first round happened on campus. Interviewers were very nice and friendly and asked basic behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected. If you prepare for all questions on this site, it should be fine. I'm still waiting for the result. They said it would take another two weeks to process.

Interview Questions
  • If you can change one of your school's policies, what would it be?
    Tell me about a time when you improved the efficiency of a process.
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Received word for an initial phone interview. Interviewer sounded as if reading a script the entire time (Completely monotone), and very un-engaging. I had the opportunity to ask questions towards the end, to which interviewer responded accordingly and satisfactorily. About a week later I was invited for an in-person interview. However, I declined as I accepted a position for another job I was applying for (hopefully won't come back to haunt me!)

Interview Questions
    • All fairly simple questions: "walk me through your resume"; "describe a situation where things didn't go as planned and how did you adjust?"; "how do you keep yourself organized?"   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Applied through college recruiting website, had a first round phone interview scheduled pretty quickly. The interviewer was great to talk to and didn't ask many hard questions. Most of which have already been posted here: why did you you choose your college, what would you change about it if you could, walk me through your resume, etc. The ABC website is a pretty good source to get information about the culture of the company. I loved in particular their service initiative. Got an invite to do a final round in DC, so still waiting on that.

Interview Questions
    • What advice would you give your college administration?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online through their website and got an email asking for an interview. I interviewed with them a couple of days later. The interviewer was pretty nice. It was a pretty standard question and answer interview which didn't really leave much for your personality to come through. Took the entire 30 min.

Interview Questions
    • What about your school administration would you change?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I applied online via LinkedIn. They got back to me within a week inquiring about a phone interview. I confirmed and had the phone interview within the next couple of days. The recruiter was professional and very nice. The interview was more question and answer than conversational. It lasted 30 minutes tops. They told me they would let me know if I made it to second round interview within a week and a half. After two weeks, they emailed me asking for an in-person interview which was scheduled promptly.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straightforward questions:
      What was a time you had to be goal oriented?
      How do you keep organized? etc.
        Answer Question
    Accepted second round interview. have not gotten to negotiation.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board.

I reached out to an alum of my university and he passed my resume onto the HR department for a first interview - I got contacted within a few weeks and had a phone interview. The interviewer was very sweet and engaging. She told me they would contact me within two weeks if I went any further in the process, but I did not get any other contact after the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

The interviewer was very punctual, extremely polite. She sent me the job description before the interview and wanted to make sure that I looked over it. I printed it out, but it was not necessary to have in front of you during the interview. We chatted on the phone for 20 minutes and then said that she would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. The questions were the usual interview questions, but the big one was the administration question. Make sure you have thought about your answer before the phone conversation.

Interview Questions
    • If there was something you could change about your schools administration, what would it be?   Answer Question

Salary too low

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I was got the phone interview through an internal referral system. The tone of the interview was stigmatizing, and there was no conversation or feedback element whatsoever. I was never able to relax and be myself to answer the questions without awkwardly overanalyzing everything before I spoke, which is what I believe led to my demise.

Interview Questions
    • They ask about your college GPA and whether or not it was a reflection of your work ethic.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Process took about 3 weeks, I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview within a few business days. For the phone interview, the interviewer called a day earlier than scheduled and confirmed through email, and then kind of implied the next day that it was my fault and that it needed to be rescheduled. Interview took about 20-30 minutes, the interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked me how organized I was, how I have handled a disgruntled customer in the past, and asked for a detailed explanation of major projects from previous work experience. Overall, a good practice interview. The questions were not particularly hard, but they did not really let your personality show. She said that they would stay in contact whether or not I would be invited to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Explain (in detail) what you know about Advisory Board and what it does.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

set up an interview quickly after I applied, interviewer seemed disinterested and vague about what job actually entailed. Questions were pretty standard, a couple that were more difficult to answer. Seemed like they were just trying to get people to fill the position for a year or two, wasn't really what I was interested in.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you didn't produce work up to a certain standard and what you did to remedy that problem   Answer Question