Advisory Board

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.5

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

I submitted an online application and received an email from the general HR person the following day giving me the opprotunity for a phone interview. I quickly replied but never received a response however this was over the December holidays so it may have had something to do with that. However the HR person did eventually resend the email and was quick to respond then. I had a brief 30 minunte screening interview. She asked me about my current position and had a lot of questions about my academic experience. One of the questions was an aspect of my academic experience I would change and how I do in managing goals and priorties. She was very friendly but it was a very cookie cutter interview she didn't really seem interested in what I have to say but I realize this is the way it is sometimes. She briefly went over the position and what the next steps in the interview process would be.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to explain what I thought the position was, not inherently difficult but was unexpected.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Advisory Board.

applied through LinkedIn, contacted shortly after for a phone interview ( I think I applied one weekend and heard back by that Monday)

Interviewer was extremely boring--felt like she did not want to be on the call at all. Also there was so much background noise that I was distracted--tried to hint that the loud background was very distracting but I don't think she was even listening. Not too bummed about no second interview offer because the salary is laughable

Interview Questions
    • standard questions, they asked what I would change about school's administration   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Phone interview - very immature phone skills, interviewer seemed very young and did not add much value to the interview. I did the majority of the talking, the person interviewing seemed to be reading from a script.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time that you were assigned a project and had to meet certain deadlines? What was this project and how did you assure that deadlines were met?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I was given an interview through an employee referral. Within a week I had my first round interview. It lasted 45 minutes and was filled with at least a dozen questions about my resume, the company, my career goals, time management, weaknesses etc. The interviewer was very receptive and polite. She told me at the end of the interview that I would be invited to a second round in DC. She discussed my availabilities in the next two weeks and told me I should receive a confirmation email in the next two business days and I did. Overall a very positive experience. I go to DC in two weeks for my final round interview.

Interview Questions
    • You're involved in a lot of extracurriculars, work and academics, how do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

Started off with a 30 minute phone call. Very straightforward questions all listed on this website. They will ask things like why did you pick your school, what would you change about it, walk me through your resume, etc. Why ABC (a given)? After that the in person interviews consist of 2 general fit and further qualification interviews. There will be more why are you qualified for this job type questions. After that in person round, I had one more 30 minute phone interview the next week (all same questions) and received an offer the same day. I told them about another offer I had and they offered me additional relocation support and a small signing bonus. The office had a very young vibe to it. It has a great location in DC and the associate role offers great potential for upward movement after the first year.

Interview Questions

Salary too low compared to other offer. Job itself seemed like a glorified telemarketer/secretary.

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board.

There were 3 steps for the interview process. The initial phone call which was scheduled for 30 minutes, the invite to an in office interview with marketing directors, and the follow up call with the offer. The initial phone call was pretty scripted and quick. There was not a lot of "fluff" per se, but it was not a negative experience at all. I met with 3 different people during my in person interview. Again, the sessions were 30 minutes, but the interviewers were extremely friendly and personable. I received an offer letter shortly after the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you missed a detail and what occurred.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the salary and benefits are set

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in November 2014.

I applied about 3 weeks to a month ago and received an email expressing that they wanted a phone interview. The person who interviewed me sounded like she was reading off a teleprompter. Didn't feel like she wanted to get to know me or anything. All in all I would say it was good interview practice. All the questions she asked me are perviously stated on this website. So just study them and you should be fine! After the interview she said it would take about two weeks to go over my information and they will give me an answer either way.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a bad experience with a customer and how did you solve the problem.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Advisory Board in November 2014.

I first gave my resume to a recruiter at my (large) University. Didn't hear anything. Then someone I knew offered to refer me, and I sent them my resume.

I then heard back from someone at the company asking to set up a phone interview. It was about 30 minutes long and included questions like "If you could recommend anything to the administration of your university what would it be?" and "What was a time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer or conflict in the workplace?" The person was very clearly reading off a script, but was receptive and asked follow-up questions.

About a week later I received an email inviting me to the next "Preview Day" in DC. I'm still waiting on more details of that. I probably won't take the job if I'm offered it because the salary is pretty low.

Read through all the questions people have posted here--I wasn't asked a single question that I didn't read on this forum beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • "Describe a time when you had to set specific goals to accomplish a task." Not a hard question, but she really didn't seem to understand my answer for some reason and I had to rephrase myself a few times.   Answer Question

Salary too low

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Submitted resume and it took approximately one week to process. The first round happened on campus. Interviewers were very nice and friendly and asked basic behavior questions. Nothing really unexpected. If you prepare for all questions on this site, it should be fine. I'm still waiting for the result. They said it would take another two weeks to process.

Interview Questions
    • If you can change one of your school's policies, what would it be?
      Tell me about a time when you improved the efficiency of a process.

Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate Interview

Received word for an initial phone interview. Interviewer sounded as if reading a script the entire time (Completely monotone), and very un-engaging. I had the opportunity to ask questions towards the end, to which interviewer responded accordingly and satisfactorily. About a week later I was invited for an in-person interview. However, I declined as I accepted a position for another job I was applying for (hopefully won't come back to haunt me!)

Interview Questions
    • All fairly simple questions: "walk me through your resume"; "describe a situation where things didn't go as planned and how did you adjust?"; "how do you keep yourself organized?"   Answer Question