Advisory Board

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I applied online via LinkedIn. They got back to me within a week inquiring about a phone interview. I confirmed and had the phone interview within the next couple of days. The recruiter was professional and very nice. The interview was more question and answer than conversational. It lasted 30 minutes tops. They told me they would let me know if I made it to second round interview within a week and a half. After two weeks, they emailed me asking for an in-person interview which was scheduled promptly.

Interview Question – Pretty straightforward questions:
What was a time you had to be goal oriented?
How do you keep organized? etc.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted second round interview. have not gotten to negotiation.

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about 3 weeks, I applied online and received a call to schedule an interview within a few business days. For the phone interview, the interviewer called a day earlier than scheduled and confirmed through email, and then kind of implied the next day that it was my fault and that it needed to be rescheduled. Interview took about 20-30 minutes, the interviewer was very nice and friendly. She asked me how organized I was, how I have handled a disgruntled customer in the past, and asked for a detailed explanation of major projects from previous work experience. Overall, a good practice interview. The questions were not particularly hard, but they did not really let your personality show. She said that they would stay in contact whether or not I would be invited to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Question – Explain (in detail) what you know about Advisory Board and what it does.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I reached out to an alum of my university and he passed my resume onto the HR department for a first interview - I got contacted within a few weeks and had a phone interview. The interviewer was very sweet and engaging. She told me they would contact me within two weeks if I went any further in the process, but I did not get any other contact after the first interview.

Interview Question – What feelings do you have towards your university?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very punctual, extremely polite. She sent me the job description before the interview and wanted to make sure that I looked over it. I printed it out, but it was not necessary to have in front of you during the interview. We chatted on the phone for 20 minutes and then said that she would take 1-2 weeks to get back to me. The questions were the usual interview questions, but the big one was the administration question. Make sure you have thought about your answer before the phone conversation.

Interview Question – If there was something you could change about your schools administration, what would it be?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary too low

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was got the phone interview through an internal referral system. The tone of the interview was stigmatizing, and there was no conversation or feedback element whatsoever. I was never able to relax and be myself to answer the questions without awkwardly overanalyzing everything before I spoke, which is what I believe led to my demise.

Interview Question – They ask about your college GPA and whether or not it was a reflection of your work ethic.   Answer Question

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I had a friend put in a referral for me and then received an email from one of the HR contacts. We had a good phone conversation and she asked about my background and how it could relate as well as told me in more detail about the company and the position. Said I would hear back about another interview within the next few weeks and got an email saying I did not make the cut. Was told prior to the interview that it is tough to make it through these interviews to get a job but good experience.

Interview Question – No crazy questions just know your resume and ask about the position and company   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – -Referred by friend for position
-Contacted by recruiter 3 weeks later
-Interviewed with recruiter 1 week later
-Heard back 2 weeks later that I was accepted for onsite interview
-Was flown down to DC 3 weeks later and was given a tour, had 2 interviews with 2 managers each, and was taken to lunch
-2 days later was asked to do another interview (was promised this would be last) over the phone
-10 days later was called and received offer

Everybody was very friendly and the recruiter was very accommodating.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic. Show that you have some knowledge of the company, that you are goal-oriented and driven, and that you can deal with constant rejection.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Does not seem like there is much room for negotiation.

Sales and Marketing Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – I was referred to ABC by a friend who works there and about a week after my resume was submitted, I received an email asking me to set up a phone interview. Interview was very simple - questions concentrated on personal experiences and experiences outlined in my resume. Interviewer was very nice and helpful when I had questions about ABC.

Interview Question – What would you change about your college (policy wise).   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – Resume was submitted to HR by a friend, received an email about a week and a half later asking if I would be available for a phone interview and what times would best work for me. I was emailed shortly after with a date and time. The recruiter was friendly and comfortable and said I will hear back in about a week. Will hopefully be getting an in person interview soon.

Interview Question – If you could change something about your school's administration what would it be?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Advisory Board

Interview Details – applied through college career services. first round was a straight forward behavioral interview. the two women interviewing were very nice and seemed interested in getting to know you. the interview took around 30 minutes. although they were slow in getting back to me about going to a second round or not.

Interview Question – what would you change about your college experience/ advice you would give to your university?   Answer Question

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!