Advisory Board Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume online, was contacted within two weeks for a screening interview and then asked to schedule interviews for two different positions. These interviews were very difficult to schedule, and were rescheduled two times and pushed back once. Neither of the original people who I was told would conduct the interview actually conducted the interview. Very clear they are scrambling around trying to fill positions without any regard for who they are hiring. Writing samples accompanied both interviews.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by a recruiter at the company via email. The recruiter arranged an interview with a second recruiter within a week of contacting me. They did push my interview back one time, but it wasn't a huge deal. The recruiter spoke with me for 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2015.

Interview

Just got a phone interview which lasted 20+ minutes, and is waiting for next steps. The interviewer was quite friendly. She started with an introduction of her background, and proceeded to the interview questions, and then answered my questions. Nothing unexpected happened during the process as I prepared carefully for this interview. My advise is that be sure to prepare all the questions listed on Glassdoor for this company, and to talk as much as possible and as clearly as possible for each question.

Interview Questions

• How did you learn about this company and this position?   Answer Question
    • What is your strength as a writer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me more about your education background and some meaningful experiences   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a research project that you worked on, including methodology, major findings, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a recruiter. I was asked very basic questions about my resume, research experience, and education. The recruiter was definitely reading from a script, which made it a little awkward (cheapened the interview - I haven't had an interview like that in a long time). Despite feeling positive each of my answers and my interview overall, I got a rejection email a week later.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2014.

Interview

First round - phone interview. Basic questions regarding background and interests. Overall, a very easy first round interview with a very pleasant interviewer. Waiting to hear back about second round. Second round will involve case questions with a current researcher at ABC and a writing sample. Will ask if willing to relocate and desired salary.

Interview Questions

• How has your writing grown? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Interview

Great interview experience. The recruiters I spoke with over the phone and via email were very professional. After the interview I was contacted in a timely manner to inform me of their decision.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Advisory Board in March 2014.

Interview

HR sent an email to set-up a phone interview. Recruiter called a week later. Standard interview questions. Obvious that recruiter was reading off a script- not like a conversation at all. Started off asking how I heard about the company and why I chose to apply for the position. Next she asked me how my writing style changed over the years, to walk her through my resume, and to describe a research project I had been involved with.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview

Initial phone interview with HR - who was a nice lady. Pretty standard questions. But did not go through to the second round.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Overall, pretty straight forward. Be ready to speak about your experience, and answer some behavioral questions. You might get some questions about your current role, college experience, how you handle deadlines, stress, attention to detail, reason for wanting to work there, reasons for wanting to leave, excel skills, etc. Nothing to worry about overall, just be prepared and maybe take an excel review course or something before the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Expect an excel assessment under somewhat stressful timed conditions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone screening (asked about research projects) followed by 3 in-person behavioral/case study interviews. The first two were hour long (30-min. behavioral interview followed by a case study). After the second interview, I completed a writing exercise (I am not sure there was enough time to review my work). Afterwards, we conducted a final hour long interview that was also split between behavioral interview and case study.

Interview Questions

• Q: We are seeing volumes drop at a local urgent care clinic. Can you suggest some reasons why this may be happening?   1 Answer