Advisory Board

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2012.

Interview Details – Arduous process - long interviews with everyone asking the same questions. It could have been shorter to get the same result.

Interview Question – describe the obama health care plan and the supreme court effect   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview with HR recruiter was a simple screening, but it resulted in an invitation to visit DC for a face-face interview with 4 hiring managers/directors. I knew beforehand that ABC was a revolving door of college grads in their first consulting gig who left for grad school after a year or two, so the career development opps were not well positioned, just an afterthought. Unfortunately, the company isn't prepared for the experienced worker who wants to move over to consulting - by the second of 4 interviews, I knew they were not interested in me, blew off time commitments with lame excuses and weren't prepared for the interview. I was more disappointed in them they probably were in me. And getting reimbursed for expenses was a small circus, not representative of an organization that prides itself on quality and best practice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that involved a challenging relationship with a client   Answer Question
  • Was the job description clear? Do you have any questions about what the job entails?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Senior Consultant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.