Advisory Board Senior Director Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC).

Interview

I was recommend by an Senior Employee to interview for a Development position. Called by outside recruiter who set telephone discussion and then numerous face to face meetings. I had two satellite conference's and 4 face to face meetings.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions, in fact i was disappointed at the elementary and inexperienced senior executives in interacted with. These were very young kids and a short unimpressive Chief Marketing Officer, who clearly had never worker in healthcare outside of this organization. The leadership was uninspiring..   1 Answer

No challenge and child uninspired leadershio

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in April 2011.

Interview

My experience is a bit unique as I am what the firm calls a boomerang. I've been through their interview process 3 separate times. Initially, my resume was submitted through an internal employee. First got a call from a recruiter for a phone screen. Then they bring you in for a 6 person "panel" interview. An associate will send you a schedule of who you will meet with and when which is ultimately useless since nearly everyone on the list will either cancel or reschedule. Consider yourself lucky if you manage to get 4 of the scheduled 6 interviews. After that I had one more phone interview (probably occurred 3-4 days later). Then...radio silence. Nobody will reply to your thank you email. The recruiter who you though was your friend will stop replying. About 10 days later I received an offer in an email. From there I was hounded daily to sign and return the offer. Second time around (years later) I had another phone screen, scheduled for a 6 person interview, flew to DC, had 2 of the 6 interviews over the phone, 2 in person, 2 canceled. A week later got an email asking me to do a phone interview. Did that. Never heard back. No response from any of my emails. Moral of the story - ZERO respect for your time. They are a sales driven organization and push a culture that if you can replace an interview with a sales call, do it. Also, their acceptance rate (or hiring ratio to applications received) is lower than harvard university. Therefore they assume that they can treat all applicants as though they don't matter and still end up with someone good when they need to fill a position. Odds are in their favor. Sadly, what you experience in your interview process is highly indicative of what you will experience as an employee. Great company to work for but a lack of respect for time across the board.

Interview Questions

• 1 of the 6 panel interviews will be a presentation. They provide you the slides beforehand and ask you to present them back. First round is typical questions - tell me about a difficult situation you encountered, how do you handle push back, what motivates you? They are all textbook questions. Nothing unique. Their big finale is usually "teach me something."   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

All first interviews are run through Career Management. They vet you first and if you are a strong candidate, you then go through a series of interviews in 30 minute segments with 4 or 5 leaders. This is for the Associate Director level and above - not sure about lower level positions.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something - anything - your choice, just sell me on it - can be an idea or a product.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Always negotiate! I did not at first and it was very hard to negotiate once I accepted the position.