Advisory Board Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

3.3

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in May 2015.

Interview

It was long drawn beginning with phone screening (few weeks after online application), then interview with team manager (another couple of weeks), problem solving homework (after couple of weeks), and then finally interview with developers (senior and mid level). Finally, they closed the position down. It sucks a little. Both the interviewers were impressed. The recruiter came back with positive feedback. However, they chose to close the position down. Given amount of time I spent through the entire process, this was disappointing and slightly frustrating.

Interview Questions

• It was about my current experience and some discussions on best practices across various domains.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board in July 2014.

Interview

After submitted your resume, it takes them about an week to review and send email to discuss the phone interview if they think your background is suitable for the position. In the phone screen interview, it will exam your technical capability, especially focus on your hands-on experience of the skills listed in the opening description.

Interview Questions

• Questions in the screen interview are all technical. For python, like what data structures provided in python, how to manipulate them, like append, delete..etc. For web framework, like Django, they ask how to build the model, create foreign keys...etc. You're expected to give explanations of both concept and instructions to achieve these.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Advisory Board (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online and went through phone screen. The in-person interview occurred 2 weeks afterwards. When the interview was scheduled they sent me a "coding" problem to complete for the interview with topics of discussion related to the coding problem. The instructions were to be prepared to discuss the solution to the coding problem. The interview was 4 hours long and was with 3 people, a senior engineer, the dev manager and a lead engineer. No one addressed the coding test, it was a non topic, my preparation and presentation was not reviewed with me. Each interviewer, and for the whole time, had me solving coding problems on a white board. The coding problems were C# and TSQL Note: be ready to provide code for solving fibonacci, and other classic code problems. Observations: The expectations of an engineer there was explained to me to be coding first, then more coding and then after that more coding. Agile iteration were two weeks with deliverables monthly. This is definitely a young persons game, the idea of making good solid code not being emphasized by the short iterations. Glad to not get an offer . . . I would have refused the offer (the money is not as important as the culture). The people were not friendly.

Interview Questions

• Write SQL on the white board (they were putting it into SSMS to test it) and then making the query more and more difficult.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds - 2 from Chennai , 2 from Austin . . .

Interview Questions

• Understand how Amazon works Understand how Google works Also be prepared on Algo /DS . Big O, etc ..   Answer Question