Advisory Board Strategic Research Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2014
3 interviews

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst, Strategic Research Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in April 2014.

I applied via a LinkedIn referral and found out I had a phone interveiw two weeks later with a member of the HR team. I felt the interview went fine. There were no unexpected questions, just asking me about why I wanted to work for the Advisory Board, walk through my resume, my experience with conducting research etc.
I was told I would hear back within a week and did not. I followed up with HR and asked some further questions and was informed that there was some delay on their end and my questions were unanswered. I followed up again a week later and got no repy. A few days after that I received an email from an intern I had had no previous communication with informing me that they would not be proceeding with my application and thanking me for my patience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a piece of research you were involved in and what the most surprising finding was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Strategic Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Short story: I had a phone interview, but that's as far as it went.

Detailed story: I feel like this was a complete JOKE and I didn't get a fair deal out of this. So they e-mailed for a wanting to do a phone interview. Despite the fact that I tried to be flexible with my time, they didn't schedule it until 2 weeks after my initial email.

I'm thinking by then, they had already chosen a price, and I had become an afterthought. Anyway, the phone interview came. The questions were fairly standard and things others here have mentioned or you have heard in other interviews.

Basically, the only way you can mess up a phone interview is if you sound disinterested, really mess up your answers, or don't ask good questions (again uninterested). IMHO, I thought I did very well, and asked good questions (i.e what are the long term prospects of this position? etc).

I get an e-mail a week and half later saying I was not chosen. I wish I knew what the reason was, but I let it be.

Strategic Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in January 2011.

I passed the phone interview which was simply a walk through resume. For the second round, I flew to DC and had 2 1:1 interviews, one of which had a case to solve. The case itself was simple and had I practiced more, I would have easily solved it. The written test was another case type question, except I was more comfortable doing it. I haven't yet heard back from the company as to whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!