Advisory Board Strategic Research Consultant Interview Questions

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone call with HR recruiter. Standard questions about work history and goals. Asked about accomplishments in current position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Advisory Board

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Advisory Board (Washington, DC) in October 2012.

Interview

got an internal referral for the opportunity to interview. got a call from HR to schedule a first round interview over the phone. the first round was a basic fit interview..what i am currently doing, why advisory board, research skills, and expected questions such as teamwork, writing skills.heard back in a week or so for another round of phone interview, which was a case interview..case interview was a hospital business related question. pretty basic actually if anyone has been reading any book on how to solve case interviews. helps to know some healthcare related cases. heard back in a couple weeks. they asked me for a writing sample for which i sent them a published peer reviewed paper.got called to DC, three interviews and a writing test. interviews were with practice manager and 2 managing directors. apart from some basic questions, there were case interviews. unlike typical case interviews involving numbers, these were based more on discussions and broadly how you would tackle a given scenario. 'segmentation' is the key! writing test was to evaluate writing skills..they give an hour. the whole in person interview went pretty well i thought, and felt pretty good at the end of it.. a couple weeks later, unexpectedly, i didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• how would your boss/PI describe your strengths and weaknesses ?   Answer Question

Strategic Research Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was a little odd. The person was nice and asked all the "standard" job interview questions but based on the reputation of the company, I expected a more in-depth, dialogue based conversational interview. This was very boilerplate, anywhere USA. I would have liked the offer but from my understanding, the job would not have been a great fit and the interview was a little bit of a turn-off.