Advisory Board
www.advisory.com Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Advisory Board Syndicated Research Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington, DC

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board.

Interview Details – Initially emailed with an HR assistant and had a brief phone interview with her. I was invited to do an in person interview which lasted from 9am-3pm. During this time, I provided a writing sample and spoke with 2 project managers. Each one spent about 30 minutes on a behavioral interview with fairly straightforward questions. There was also a case interview which asked you to explain how you would conduct research to answer a specific question for a company.

Interview Question – The case interview was the most difficult part. I didn't get a lot of feedback from my interviewer, so I never knew if I was really on the right track.   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. Contacted via email, phone interview (basic questions, tell me about yourself, why Advisory Board, etc). Passed on to second round, flew to DC (they paid) for two in person interviews and a writing sample. First interview was some fit, and a basic case. Second was fit.

Interview Questions

• Why Advisory Board?   Answer Question
  • Why did you pick your college/major?   Answer Question
  • Case question: I am the director of a Cardiovascular department at a local hospital, our patient volumes are down, why? What should we do about it?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then flown to DC for in-person interviews. Very friendly, interesting cases. Clearly a young office culture.

Interview Question – The Advisory Board does a lot of behind-the-scenes work. If you are interested in healthcare, why do you want to work here, rather than as a doctor, policy maker, etc?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very flexible.

Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview first where they asked me a lot of questions about my background and skills.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in December 2008.

Interview Details – First round interview was 30 minute resume walk through with a representative from HR, pretty basic questions.
Second round interview consisted of a short writing test, and several 1 hour interviews with senior leadership, all with case question components.
Everybody seemed friendly and intelligent. Office isn't very fancy; lots of cubicles.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with overall salary

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2009.

Interview Details – First round phone interview was only experience/fit-based and pretty straightforward. Second round in-person interview was in the D.C. office. It consisted of three 1:1 interviews with senior management, including 1 qualitative case study (not too hard), and a 1.5 hr writing test. Analysts took interviewers out to lunch afterwards. Full day affair lasting from 9am -3:30pm.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Advisory Board in October 2009.

Interview Details – I participated in a half hour on campus first round interview. My interviewer was a new employee that had only been there for a year. She asked typical interview questions and also specifically asked about my experience with writing courses which I don't really have since I'm an engineer. It sounds like an interesting company but it's more of a "research at your desk" job.

Interview Question – Have you taken any writing intensive courses?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Advisory Board

Worked for Advisory Board? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Advisory Board Syndicated Research Analyst interview questions and advice in Washington, DC. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Advisory Board employees and interview candidates.